R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #9181
Tech Addict

I think I remember reading somewhere that there is going to be a JP Modified version of the OS TZ? No?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #9182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
I think I remember reading somewhere that there is going to be a JP Modified version of the OS TZ? No?
Yes that's true for over a year now.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #9183
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Just my 2 cents on a stock TZ 3-port, which JRRobiso is thinking of getting.

I guess my definition of "big event" is different than yours...

Do you think a stock TZ could win the U.S. Nats, IFMAR Worlds, European Championships or Winternats?
In the right drivers hands I would say yes.

Hara won us Nats with a off the shelf motor
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #9184
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
In the right drivers hands I would say yes.

Hara won us Nats with a off the shelf motor
But...was that motor an OS?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #9185
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I have a eb mods tz in in rrr, and it is a rocket. My engine and the jp modifieds are running neck and neck
Old 04-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #9186
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana
I have a eb mods tz in in rrr, and it is a rocket. My engine and the jp modifieds are running neck and neck
I think the tracks you run on play a big role in this comparison, but any quality motor should be ok generally. Can't ever make up for driving skill just with an engine that's for sure.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #9187
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Crank nut question:
To use a non-SG crank engine with the 3D clutch assy, is the Kyosho part#
VZW222-02 SP flywheel nut, the right part?
found it in the option list, but no pic available.
Thanks, Fred
Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 AM   #9188
A
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to A
Default centax slip

someone shed some light please.. i have read the kb's and cefx site on the detailed setup... i have an os tz12 with centax 3d clutch on my rrr evowc, just stock parts from the kit. I have installed the shim behind the flywheel and collet. I adjusted the clutch as illustrated in the setup manual. 1.2mm on shoe spring and .5 on the endplay.

the first time i fired the car up it worked fine but was engaging @ too high rpm, so i took the bell housing off and unscrewed the spring tensioner to about .8, when turning the spring tension nut anti clockwise i did not realise at the time but the flywheel nut had slightly unscrewed as well as the actual spring tensioner moving the whole clutch assembly slightly away from the flywheel. i then put the bell housing back onto the motor, ensuring the bell housing was just free of the clutch shoe and endplay was .5.

After restarting the engine, the clutch would no longer engage more than a split second on initial startup / 1st rev.. then it will not bite and just seem to slip.

I have removed the flywheel and collet and checked all surfaces, the flywheel is definately not slipping on the collet or the crank..

I have got the spring tension set dialed in so the clutch shoe is moving out when the engine revs on about .8. It is not consistant, sometimes it will grab a little then it wont... is it possible my clutch shoe has been glazed by earlier rubbing and is the cause of these symptoms.. or am i missing something. i have checked and double checked clearence and endplay on housing..
A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #9189
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A
someone shed some light please.. i have read the kb's and cefx site on the detailed setup... i have an os tz12 with centax 3d clutch on my rrr evowc, just stock parts from the kit. I have installed the shim behind the flywheel and collet. I adjusted the clutch as illustrated in the setup manual. 1.2mm on shoe spring and .5 on the endplay.

the first time i fired the car up it worked fine but was engaging @ too high rpm, so i took the bell housing off and unscrewed the spring tensioner to about .8, when turning the spring tension nut anti clockwise i did not realise at the time but the flywheel nut had slightly unscrewed as well as the actual spring tensioner moving the whole clutch assembly slightly away from the flywheel. i then put the bell housing back onto the motor, ensuring the bell housing was just free of the clutch shoe and endplay was .5.

After restarting the engine, the clutch would no longer engage more than a split second on initial startup / 1st rev.. then it will not bite and just seem to slip.

I have removed the flywheel and collet and checked all surfaces, the flywheel is definately not slipping on the collet or the crank..

I have got the spring tension set dialed in so the clutch shoe is moving out when the engine revs on about .8. It is not consistant, sometimes it will grab a little then it wont... is it possible my clutch shoe has been glazed by earlier rubbing and is the cause of these symptoms.. or am i missing something. i have checked and double checked clearence and endplay on housing..
make sure you have the back plate on correct.you can flip it backwards and the assy,did that once and the same problem you have. if not scuff the clutch surface, might be glazed.....
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #9190
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A

I would invest in the kyosho shim kit & change your shoe make sure the flyweheel nut is not scrubbing the collet that might cause it to loosen even though you think it's tight.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #9191
A
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
make sure you have the back plate on correct.you can flip it backwards and the assy,did that once and the same problem you have. if not scuff the clutch surface, might be glazed.....
the backplate being metal plate between the shoe and the 3 x white plastic counter weights, i have checked this and all parts are on exactly as the manual states, i did also try to rough the surface with some rough sand paper hoping that that was the cause..
Old 04-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #9192
A
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez
I would invest in the kyosho shim kit & change your shoe make sure the flyweheel nut is not scrubbing the collet that might cause it to loosen even though you think it's tight.
have purchased spare shims, been over the collet thing twice already, checking the clearance of the collet to the shaft and the length of the collet opposed to the flywheel, i marked the surfaces with small amount of paint inside the flywheel and you could see the flywheel isnt moving or slipping from the nut or collet, i have it quite tight. the washer behind the flywheel has clearence also from the collet and no parts are rubbing..

There cant be much else!! ive just inspected all parts closely and have just noticed the spring actually has some scrubbing on the end!!, the spring has not been machined properly @ the factory and its rubbing just slightly on the flywheel nut.. ill make more chamfer on spring and hope this is it!
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-dsc00236.jpg  

Last edited by A; 04-09-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #9193
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A
have purchased spare shims, been over the collet thing twice already, checking the clearance of the collet to the shaft and the length of the collet opposed to the flywheel, i marked the surfaces with small amount of paint inside the flywheel and you could see the flywheel isnt moving or slipping from the nut or collet, i have it quite tight. the washer behind the flywheel has clearence also from the collet and no parts are rubbing, this is what i was sure it was also.

There cant be much else!! ive just inspected all parts closely and have just noticed the spring actually has some scrubbing on the end!!, the spring has not been machined properly @ the factory and its rubbing just slightly on the flywheel nut.. this would make sense as when it first grabs the spring section is cool and just allows the shoe to move forward, but as i rev the engine friction heats up and the spring and nut surfaces and stops it from freely moving the shoe back and forth holding the clutch assy back away from engagement. ill make more chamfer on spring and hope this is it!
Do you have an SG shaft on your OS Tz?
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #9194
A
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii
Do you have an SG shaft on your OS Tz?
not sure how do you tell the SG shaft? its a 12 TZ(P) 3 port with all stock parts..

The spring clearance has not fixed it either?? this is so frustrating.. im gunna put a new clutch shoe on and see what happens.. By monitoring the clutch shoe and counter weights when the engine is running, they dont move consistently with the rpm.. so it would appear the problem is from the shoe back.. The shoe slides over the pins smoothly, i have not drilled the holes out from stock, there are no burrs on the counter weights..

is it possible the whole clutch could be dodgy? i doubt it but i have no experience with centax so its impossible to tell?? im looking for someone in Melbourne who has experience and will be able to identify the issue and help me out on this.. cheers
Old 04-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #9195
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
The shoe slides over the pins smoothly
where have you put the counter weights? - i hope they are in between the flywheel pins and not "through" the pins..

check your PM !