Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

good luck once the seal on the box has been poped!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Exclamation Kyosho RRR

Once that seal is broken on the box, you will never get what you paid for originally.
I have sold counless 10th scale,1/8 scale,on-road,off-road, and no matter what you may what to think,you will never get the full price for any rc vehicle.
If you have built the kit, it drops it down even more.
Thats just the nature of the hobby.
Perfect example,
The RRR W/C goes for around $400.00 <give or take> I just bought another RRR W/C in excellent condition, with 2 complete motors,4 clutch set-ups, 2 bodies, a boat load of new parts,10 sets of brand new Kyosho tires in the box,and 8 sets of used, but very good tires.3 pipes,2 headers,servos<not the best,but usable> for $180.00 for everything. Car is in GREAT shape.
I also bought a Mugen for less than that, and it had 14 sets of new tires,engine,pipes,everything but fuel.
RC items just dont hold their value like we wish they would.
If you open the box, you might as well enjoy it.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by maskedrider
dun wait till next month, build it now
and get a Sirio if possible..
Might switch engines once the kit is completly built. The guys I race with at my local track do run Sirio engines & also OS. Checked the prices on both engines and have to say that the Sirio (S12T3ISTI) costs 3/4 the price I paid for my EVO WCE (bought my kit for $395 with free shipping) while the OS costs under $200 (OS .12TZ(P) 3Port T3).

Will definitely have a blast building my nitro kit since I've been building Tamiya electric TC's since 2000.

Need also to make some changes with my SIG once the car is built (as if I'm sponsored by those brands).
Old 04-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Might switch engines once the kit is completly built. The guys I race with at my local track do run Sirio engines & also OS. Checked the prices on both engines and have to say that the Sirio (S12T3ISTI) costs 3/4 the price I paid for my EVO WCE (bought my kit for $395 with free shipping) while the OS costs under $200 (OS .12TZ(P) 3Port T3).

Will definitely have a blast building my nitro kit since I've been building Tamiya electric TC's since 2000.

Need also to make some changes with my SIG once the car is built (as if I'm sponsored by those brands).
IMO and also from what I have seen the JL Racing Picco "Red Dot" is faster than a stock sirio (or just as fast) for under $200.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dredd
IMO and also from what I have seen the JL Racing Picco "Red Dot" is faster than a stock sirio (or just as fast) for under $200.
Yes your right the JL is just as fast as the sirio because during a race my friend had sirio and he was 1st and I was 2nd he couldn't pull away and enventually I took over first.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Yes your right the JL is just as fast as the sirio because during a race my friend had sirio and he was 1st and I was 2nd he couldn't pull away and enventually I took over first.
In your guy's opinion, which would be a good engine that's not too expensive, reliable, efficient and that can go up against the more pricey ones when tuned properly?

Of course I also need to consider that I should at least have good driving skills and proper chassis set-up.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

In your guy's opinion, which would be a good engine that's not too expensive, reliable, efficient and that can go up against the more pricey ones when tuned properly?

Of course I also need to consider that I should at least have good driving skills and proper chassis set-up.
http://www.kamikazercracing.com/prod...php?prod=51124

JL Racing "Red Dot" Made by Picco. $180 & the best deal around bar none!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Yes your right the JL is just as fast as the sirio because during a race my friend had sirio and he was 1st and I was 2nd he couldn't pull away and eventually I took over first.
.. making an assumption that his engine was properly tuned, his clutch was setup right, he was using the best pipe for the layout, he had the proper gearing, he was running the right sized tires and none of his bearings, pulleys or belts were going bad.

A lot of factors go into what makes one car faster on the track than another. Might not just be the engine. On various occasions, using different engines, I've passed guys with "faster" engines and guys with "slower" engines have passed me.

This is not to say that the Red Dot isn't as fast or faster than an STI.

How easy is it to tune this thing? Haven't heard much about that. What needle settings do you start with and how much do you have to lean the HSN and LSN before it's race tuned?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
.. making an assumption that his engine was properly tuned, his clutch was setup right, he was using the best pipe for the layout, he had the proper gearing, he was running the right sized tires and none of his bearings, pulleys or belts were going bad.

A lot of factors go into what makes one car faster on the track than another. Might not just be the engine. On various occasions, using different engines, I've passed guys with "faster" engines and guys with "slower" engines have passed me.

This is not to say that the Red Dot isn't as fast or faster than an STI.

How easy is it to tune this thing? Haven't heard much about that. What needle settings do you start with and how much do you have to lean the HSN and LSN before it's race tuned?
It's as easy as any Novarossi or Sirio engine.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

You can get a STI from Murnan's for $259. Great price.

TZ is a good club racing engine and if you break it in properly, it's really easy to tune and runs pretty fast. If it's too lean on the starter box, it will tell by making an "errrrp-errrp" sound when you blip the throttle. If you break it in wrong, you're screwed - as I found out the hardway. 2nd time around is a charm and I'm really happy with how it's running. IMO, you cannot win an A Main at a big event with a TZ.

STI has had a pretty good run. At major international events, the sponsored Kyosho/Sirio guys kick butt. Quite a number of guys in here have run the STI with good results as well. It's definitely an A Main capable engine. I'm still in the process of tuning mine , so I don't think I'm even close to it's full potential. So far, it's been really easy to tune and the spool up is real nice.

The JLR .12 Red Dot seems to be the current "star" for lack of a better term. It's relatively new, there is a lot of interest in it based on price/performance and it has some TQs and A Main wins under it's belt, so it's a proven winner. Eveybody likes a winner and people can always find a reason to have to buy a new engine. No major gripes in the Red Dot thread, so that is a good sign. There was that one engine that blew up - but I'm discounting that due to the fact that it's the first occurance. Things like this happen. Mugen Grand Prix is coming up on April 18th and we'll see how the Red Dot contingent does at that event.

Knowing what I know now, I would get the Red Dot. STI 2nd. TZ 3rd. Of couse I already have an STI and TZ. If I had to buy another engine today. I would get the Red Dot.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Forgot the Kissimme race. That's coming up April 14th.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can get a STI from Murnan's for $259. Great price.

TZ is a good club racing engine and if you break it in properly, it's really easy to tune and runs pretty fast. If it's too lean on the starter box, it will tell by making an "errrrp-errrp" sound when you blip the throttle. If you break it in wrong, you're screwed - as I found out the hardway. 2nd time around is a charm and I'm really happy with how it's running. IMO, you cannot win an A Main at a big event with a TZ.

STI has had a pretty good run. At major international events, the sponsored Kyosho/Sirio guys kick butt. Quite a number of guys in here have run the STI with good results as well. It's definitely an A Main capable engine. I'm still in the process of tuning mine , so I don't think I'm even close to it's full potential. So far, it's been really easy to tune and the spool up is real nice.

The JLR .12 Red Dot seems to be the current "star" for lack of a better term. It's relatively new, there is a lot of interest in it based on price/performance and it has some TQs and A Main wins under it's belt, so it's a proven winner. Eveybody likes a winner and people can always find a reason to have to buy a new engine. No major gripes in the Red Dot thread, so that is a good sign. There was that one engine that blew up - but I'm discounting that due to the fact that it's the first occurance. Things like this happen. Mugen Grand Prix is coming up on April 18th and we'll see how the Red Dot contingent does at that event.

Knowing what I know now, I would get the Red Dot. STI 2nd. TZ 3rd. Of couse I already have an STI and TZ. If I had to buy another engine today. I would get the Red Dot.

Hope this helps.
If I remember right Ron Atomic has won a major race with the regular tz motoe when he was sponsored by OS. I think it was a Vegas race.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Another person that I have seen win many Heart of America races here in the midwest with the TZ motor is Jari Taskilla.

For most who reads these forums that are asking about what motor to buy it comes down to the driver and/or mechaninic of the car. If you are a well sponsored a-main caliber racer than maybe the motor does matter untill than its how you drive and set up the car.

Disclaimer: Yes there is a differnece between junk rtr motors and o.s. novarossi picco so please don't come back with that argument. I think you can figure out what I am trying to say.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Just my 2 cents on a stock TZ 3-port, which JRRobiso is thinking of getting.

I guess my definition of "big event" is different than yours...

Do you think a stock TZ could win the U.S. Nats, IFMAR Worlds, European Championships or Winternats?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just my 2 cents on a stock TZ 3-port, which JRRobiso is thinking of getting.

I guess my definition of "big event" is different than yours...

Do you think a stock TZ could win the U.S. Nats, IFMAR Worlds, European Championships or Winternats?
Dude....NO Sorry man, I new what you meant by big event as I was reading your post, TZ is good, but not "A" Main BIG EVENT good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.