R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #9136
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
thanks doki,but i'm a litle confused with the clutch.what is the gap you are reffering to?i recently reassempled my clutch according to the instruction manual and i have no gap.the bell is stable and there is no free play for the bell.on the other hand the engine works right with this set of the clutch.i don't know...maybe this tool would help
I don't quite know how to explain the gap on here, but your clutch bell should have just a slight amount of play after you run for a bit. If it's too tight you can burn up the clutch because everything will be binding. Sometimes before I run there is not really any noticable play. After running for a bit it will wiggle just slightly. You don't want too much, just a good amount so that the clutch bell spins freely and isn't binding on the shaft.

Someone can probably explain better than I can.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #9137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
thanks doki,but i'm a litle confused with the clutch.what is the gap you are reffering to?i recently reassempled my clutch according to the instruction manual and i have no gap.the bell is stable and there is no free play for the bell.on the other hand the engine works right with this set of the clutch.i don't know...maybe this tool would help
It's the gap that you will notice when you pull on the clutch bell after assembling it. The clutch gap is set to 0.5 according to the manual if I remember it right. This will allow you clutch bell to rotate freely when you give it a spin. From what I have read from the different threads, your clutch bell should spin for at least 5 seconds. It not, you clutch shoe is dragging on your clutch bell... The gap increases as the clutch shoes wear out. So you have to reshim it again to get the appopriate gap. Hope this helps
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #9138
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
I wouldn't say full throttle, but you should be able to put some throttle into it to progress through the turn onto the next straight. That all depends on the turn, and what's after it. If it's a sweeper into another straight then maybe you can go all out. If it's a tighter turn into a short straight maybe it would be better to blip the throttle slightly through the turn and then go to 1/4 or 1/2 at the exit. It also depends on how you drive. Some people setup the car to stick and some like a little bit of drift.
Thanks!!
is that a bit drafting at the corner will be faster than the steady pass at the corner? I heard yes from someone.

I just feel it need very slow with solid when corner entry.....tried faster corner in and the result is .............straight shoot outside
LateComer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #9139
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateComer
Thanks!!
is that a bit drafting at the corner will be faster than the steady pass at the corner? I heard yes from someone.

I just feel it need very slow with solid when corner entry.....tried faster corner in and the result is .............straight shoot outside
Try short blips of the throttle through the turn. What I mean is go like this - - - - - where the spaces between are pauses where you are off throttle. See if that works at all. Sometimes it's better than holding throttle to the turn, braking, turning in with no throttle then trying to rev up the engine so much. Controlled bursts help me alot. It's not slow either, it isn't always what the pros do, but we aren't in the A-Main competing for the WC are we?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 AM   #9140
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
What I have found is a front one way under power and a spool on power act about the same. The car will go where you turn it (assuming the car is setup correctly).

JEFF
I have to disagree with this. A one-way will turn much better than a solid, on power or off. A solid axle will push just due to it's design. To turn, one tire must turn faster than the other. A one-way allows this, a solid does not. The car may go where you turn it but not with the same effort.

Just my .02
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #9141
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateComer
Thanks!!

I would recommend that you work on your setup a bit. To run a solid front axle you may have to change the setup to get more steering. If you were running a "stock" setup with a one-way and changed to a solid, the car would not turn as well. Fortunetly, the RRR has so much steering that it's usually easy to fix.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #9142
Tech Adept

Default clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
I don't quite know how to explain the gap on here, but your clutch bell should have just a slight amount of play after you run for a bit. If it's too tight you can burn up the clutch because everything will be binding. Sometimes before I run there is not really any noticable play. After running for a bit it will wiggle just slightly. You don't want too much, just a good amount so that the clutch bell spins freely and isn't binding on the shaft.

Someone can probably explain better than I can.
thanks guys for the help.
nickiphorosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #9143
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

solid or one-way both have their uses, i used to prefer the one-way and still use it alot in my rrr for tracks that dont require alot of braking as braking with a one-way can be a delicate task in the heat of battle.

I more so use the solid alot more in my rrr now and have grown to love it especially for tight technical tracks or for tracks that require alot of braking it works well, imo the solid works well for a more aggressive driving style.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 PM   #9144
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I found the following item at RC-Mushroom: KY-VZW009 - Kyosho V1RRR EVO TCD Gear Set.

How different is this to the standard diff? Can it be used for the rear diff as Im using a front one-way?
KyoshoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 AM   #9145
Tech Apprentice

I drive diff with 100`000 Oil it`s not so aggressiv like the Solid.

Greetz
Nitro-mechanic-bitch of E.D. and R.V.
H4gI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #9146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys, may i know what is the better way to drain out the glow heater ? currently most in the market are using NIcad battery...
thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #9147
Tech Adept

If you mean discharge the glow igniter battery, because you want to cycle it as it is a NiCad......... then I would just plug it into an old glow plug. Just wait until the plug stops glowing and then recharge it.
Nosram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #9148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
hey guys, may i know what is the better way to drain out the glow heater ? currently most in the market are using NIcad battery...
thanks
I used to use a flashlight bulb. It takes a while but it works and drains the glow ignitor.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #9149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosram
If you mean discharge the glow igniter battery, because you want to cycle it as it is a NiCad......... then I would just plug it into an old glow plug. Just wait until the plug stops glowing and then recharge it.

wow....won't the glow heater be very hot after that ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
I used to use a flashlight bulb. It takes a while but it works and drains the glow ignitor.
i heard someothers use this bulb things... but need to find those are 12v bulb which also need to fit nicely into the heater itself.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #9150
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a charger lead that looks like a glowplug and it fits straight into the glow heater. i use my supernova competition charger to disharge/charge my igniters.

Hamilton 2008 F1 champion!
twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote