R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #9091
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoto552
Hey up guy's,

Just wanted to let you all see the quality of the Hex screws i ordered, went with the ones from.... https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...5&categoryId=2

Can't believe the quality and service, the screws are a really nice matt black finish, and are one of the highest tenstile stregths possible, he has separated the kit into induvidual zip bags with the thread size and length printed on the front of the back, this is the most important thing as it so easy when refering back to the manual for srew length, no measuring....and all for only $26 and $6 P&P to UK.

The last screw kit i got was a stainless hex screw kit, and they were all jumbled in a pill box, and the screws weren't that strong, head were really soft.

Just wanted to share with you guys, and pass on this recomendation, and however posted the link in response to my question for these screws, thank you, very pleased.

Adam
I guess these screws are an alternative to titanium as they are all hex screws and less chance of stripping them.

Are they lighter than the standard screw set?
KyoshoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #9092
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoKid
I guess these screws are an alternative to titanium as they are all hex screws and less chance of stripping them.

Are they lighter than the standard screw set?
Standard Kyosho screws use phillips head as opposed to hex.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 PM   #9093
Tech Rookie

Hi all,
the new item that I can't see it before a week!
Unbelieveable! Alloy axle is really light weight

http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/ca....a24fc3aae41c
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #9094
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgstrrf
Sorrym I can't really get your point....
Could you explain more??
Do you mean to apply a 5.5mm lock nut?
I thought you were talking about adjusting the rear camber.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #9095
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Funny about the previous post about screws, I was going to ask the same thing!! I bought a few titanium screws for the engine mount and battery plate and I have stripped these before because they get used often and they cost me just over $10USD not including shipping but you get can a full titanium set for approx $40USD. Which brand is better (price is similar):

- From Pro Shop Futaba (Square @ 4500yen)
- RCMart (Atomic @ $40USD http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=10378)

Also, I could not find any info on the Kyosho K.R.F Multi Tyre Setter from Pro Shop Futaba for 15120yen. Anyone know where I can get info on this? What other tyre truer's are available?
I would only recommend using titanium screws in locations where they do not get used often and where they fasten into plastic.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #9096
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I would only recommend using titanium screws in locations where they do not get used often and where they fasten into plastic.
I was thinking the opposite. As the engine mount gets removed more than other parts I didnt want to strip the screws because you do them up quite tight. I guess its better to remove the motor from the engine mount rather than the engine mount from the chassis??

I also got titanium hex screws to bolt the engine to the engine mount as stripping them will be a massive headache.

Doesnt titanium hold well with metal part?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #9097
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I agree with you. I had a bad experience with using titanium screws on aluminum parts before. The titanium screws tend to snap when over tightened on aluminum parts Just sharing my experience
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:47 PM   #9098
Tech Regular

most of the titanium (atomic and kyosho) is fairly poor quality compared to the high strength titanium that most of you are thinking of but very light and well suited to low stress items.

titanium also has some kind of reaction with other metals and heat causing it to seize easily as well making it a poor choice for the motor mount.

lunsford has some high quality stuff

brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #9099
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
most of the titanium (atomic and kyosho) is fairly poor quality compared to the high strength titanium that most of you are thinking of but very light and well suited to low stress items.

titanium also has some kind of reaction with other metals and heat causing it to seize easily as well making it a poor choice for the motor mount.

OK, Ill take out the titanium screws from the engine mount and used stock ones and make sure not the strip it!!

Do Kyosho sell standard screw set for RRR?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #9100
Tech Addict

Quote:
OK, Ill take out the titanium screws from the engine mount and used stock ones and make sure not the strip it!!

Do Kyosho sell standard screw set for RRR?
I haven't seen one if they do.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #9101
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo
Hi all,
the new item that I can't see it before a week!
Unbelieveable! Alloy axle is really light weight

http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/ca....a24fc3aae41c
Is This A 1way Or A Spool?
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #9102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii
Is This A 1way Or A Spool?
Looks like a spool
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #9103
Tech Addict

Thanks Fish
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:55 AM   #9104
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro

What about 3racing titanium screws? Has anybody tried them out?
I 've been using them for a long time, having replaced all other screws (except the motor mount ones) and the car is a lot lighter (1680 grams, all but fuel included).
Of course I have changed many parts to the 3racing hopups (titanium or carbon) and this has an effect to the over all weight as well.
Never had any stripping issues. I must say that instead they fit perfectly, especially with the other 3racing parts.
petesoulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #9105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesoulis
What about 3racing titanium screws? Has anybody tried them out?
I 've been using them for a long time, having replaced all other screws (except the motor mount ones) and the car is a lot lighter (1680 grams, all but fuel included).
Of course I have changed many parts to the 3racing hopups (titanium or carbon) and this has an effect to the over all weight as well.
Never had any stripping issues. I must say that instead they fit perfectly, especially with the other 3racing parts.
Haven't really tried using the 3racing screws. My friend had a bad experience using 3racing parts especially on the drivetrain areas and the engine mount... So, I ended up buying the Kawahara and Kfactory Option parts for my kit
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote