R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 AM   #9016
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana
well I finally ran my rrr wce saturday and I must say this is a awesome car. I havent raced nitro touring for years and this car made me look like a expert. Im very happy the way this car drives. Only a couple small setup issues. The rear seems to be a little loose in some corners exiting, another small issue seems to be in 2 turns exiting the corner the front wants to push a little. Right now the car is box stock. Setup to the wce setup sheet, Also the tires are the ones Im using from the kit and they havent been trued. Should I go to a like 70 or 80 weight oil in the front, and drop to 50 in the rear? Or should I leave it alone. Would appreciate any advise. Thanks. Also I noticed since the tires arent trued that the rear tires since running 5 tanks are smaller than the front tires now, is this normal? Meaning the diameter
I had the exact same problem though mine was fishtailing quite heavily. Softer springs (silver) and 40 weight oil sorted it out. Next I'll sort out the front ..which tends to drift out on power ...off power stearing is good though. Quick question is this regard (the front): would you guys experiment with softer springs first ...or Caster changes? I intend trying both but was just wondering ...
johnypiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:45 AM   #9017
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanks Hawaii, I figured you would know where to find it or you had it..
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #9018
Tech Rookie

Default Any other optional parts?

Hi all,
Any guys know some new optional parts for v-one rrr?
I tried the Kfactory's and 3Racing's before, but just want to try some other's.

Any suggestions?

Raven
cgstrrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #9019
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgstrrf
Hi all,
Any guys know some new optional parts for v-one rrr?
I tried the Kfactory's and 3Racing's before, but just want to try some other's.

Any suggestions?

Raven
what parts are you looking for? Everything that comes with the RRR out of the box is good quality and there isn't a whole lot of 3rd party options that make performance differences. What specifically do you want to try? Kawahara makes some parts. Skyline also has some things.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #9020
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2 Questions...

1 - Im unable to setup my 1 degree toe out on the front because I cannot get the servo (Futaba S9451) to centre correctly (I have put the servo horn on as much as I can in the middle and adjusted the steering trim slightly on the controller so when I say it wont centre I mean there is a bit of play, not that it wont centre on the controller). If I turn the radio (3PKS) to the left and let go, the toe on the left will be 1 degree out and the right will be 0. If I turn the radio to the right and let go, the right will be 1 degree out and the left 0. When I move the front tyres left and right slightly with my hands (while the radio is on) there is a small play in it. Any idea?!

2 - What is the difference between
- Universal Shaft Set KY-VZW219
- Universal Swing Shaft (For Front Oneway) KY-VSW015
- Universal Swing Shaft (Short) KY-VSW007
KyoshoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #9021
Tech Adept

Default New 2d clutch and front solid

Hello,
I would like to share my weekend experience for the 2d clutch and the front solid.
I installed the 2d clutch with the default settings on my Sirio EVO3 and it worked perfectly. There is a difference with the 3D clutch in the engagement. The 2d does not need throtle blips to keep it preloaded. It always engages like a gun and provides a more linear feeling in the acceleration.
I also tested the front solid VZW220. I liked it alot. I find it more secure on the brakes. Although I drove like with one way, meaning that I did not use too much brakes, whenever I needed them, the car just stayed on the line without loosing the tail.
I started with the setup I found in the Kyosho Japanese site for the EVO, the one, which is dated 13/11/2006 for the BOSS track.
I needed to modify the
front:
roll center and put the front upper arm to the highest position, lay down the front shocks, use the 4518 springs and set flat the front anti roll bar
rear: change to 30000 diff, use the 5 shock position, use the 4517 springs, put 2mm spacer on the knuckle arm
I used the 64/63 tire split but I am thinking to use 64/62 the next time, because after the 20 min of the final the car felt a little twitchy because the rears became equal to the fronts.
Anyway, it was a nice weekend for me, because I had the chance to change and test many things and at the end I finished 3rd in the A final for the national champ.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #9022
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

etgdpu, thanks for the good information, very usable stuff. Nice finish in your event, keep up the good work for Kyosho.
-Mike
Mike Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #9023
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello,
I would like to share my weekend experience for the 2d clutch and the front solid.
I installed the 2d clutch with the default settings on my Sirio EVO3 and it worked perfectly. There is a difference with the 3D clutch in the engagement. The 2d does not need throtle blips to keep it preloaded. It always engages like a gun and provides a more linear feeling in the acceleration.
I also tested the front solid VZW220. I liked it alot. I find it more secure on the brakes. Although I drove like with one way, meaning that I did not use too much brakes, whenever I needed them, the car just stayed on the line without loosing the tail.
I started with the setup I found in the Kyosho Japanese site for the EVO, the one, which is dated 13/11/2006 for the BOSS track.
I needed to modify the
front:
roll center and put the front upper arm to the highest position, lay down the front shocks, use the 4518 springs and set flat the front anti roll bar
rear: change to 30000 diff, use the 5 shock position, use the 4517 springs, put 2mm spacer on the knuckle arm
I used the 64/63 tire split but I am thinking to use 64/62 the next time, because after the 20 min of the final the car felt a little twitchy because the rears became equal to the fronts.
Anyway, it was a nice weekend for me, because I had the chance to change and test many things and at the end I finished 3rd in the A final for the national champ.
Where did you purchase your 2d clutch.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #9024
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

V-One RRR Evo. KRF
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-ky-31259k.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #9025
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET
V-One RRR Evo. KRF
What does "KRF" stand for???
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #9026
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoKid
2 Questions...

1 - Im unable to setup my 1 degree toe out on the front because I cannot get the servo (Futaba S9451) to centre correctly (I have put the servo horn on as much as I can in the middle and adjusted the steering trim slightly on the controller so when I say it wont centre I mean there is a bit of play, not that it wont centre on the controller). If I turn the radio (3PKS) to the left and let go, the toe on the left will be 1 degree out and the right will be 0. If I turn the radio to the right and let go, the right will be 1 degree out and the left 0. When I move the front tyres left and right slightly with my hands (while the radio is on) there is a small play in it. Any idea?!

2 - What is the difference between
- Universal Shaft Set KY-VZW219
- Universal Swing Shaft (For Front Oneway) KY-VSW015
- Universal Swing Shaft (Short) KY-VSW007
The VZW219 is for the front. it was released with evo and seems to be more reinforced than the others
VSW007 is for sponge tires wider rear tyre. it comes with a spacer for offset seting
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #9027
Tech Master

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1
The VZW219 is for the front. it was released with evo and seems to be more reinforced than the others
VSW007 is for sponge tires wider rear tyre. it comes with a spacer for offset seting
With VSW007 you can run 0 degree offset rear wheels RRR kits are setup for 2 degree offset rear wheels.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #9028
Tech Regular

My kit silicone oils are almost in the end and soon I will have to buy more.. I need some advice to choose as I heard there are different brands and different quality. For start, its easier to me get Kyosho, Mugen and Serpent stuff..
another doubt is related to thrust bearing lube.. what lube should I use? Grease or oil? And what brand?
and how about the one-way
thanks
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #9029
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1
My kit silicone oils are almost in the end and soon I will have to buy more.. I need some advice to choose as I heard there are different brands and different quality. For start, its easier to me get Kyosho, Mugen and Serpent stuff..
another doubt is related to thrust bearing lube.. what lube should I use? Grease or oil? And what brand?
and how about the one-way
thanks
When I got my kit I didn't use silicone from my kit I brought it seperate bottle because I needed 10,000 wt(mugen) for the rear the kit comes with 30,000 wt that was too heavy doesn't matter what brand to me I use it all good Mugen_Kyosho_Associated_serpent unless your sponsor most of the time it is just preference.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:15 AM   #9030
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Exclamation DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE V1RRR WCE & V1RRR EVO WCE

Planning to get into nitro touring & choosing between the two versions.

I've been reading up on the two kits on the Kyosho USA website the differences but would rather read/hear it from the experts who've built & raced the kits on the track.

As far as I know, the V1 RRR Evo WCE has around close to $400 options parts included (based off the Kyosho website) but not clear if they (Kyosho) made any major changes from the V1 RRR WCE and V1 RRR Evo kit.

Any advice or comments will be most appreciated before I make the purchase.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote