R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-30-2004, 06:25 PM   #76
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
As for tires I start with a 62 59 split and that takes me through 30 minutes. It also depends on how i drive if i am really pushing and slide the car too much the rears take a beating. The car seems to like the smaller tires and I had gambled the last time out on some worn tires that finished at 55 55 and the car just seemed to get stronger...
Thanks rcosmax. Does 62/59 split means you run 62mm in front and 59mm in the rear or is it the other way around?
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:06 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jeff: Should be 59 front and 62 rear, with the 23T front pulley the rrr are over-drive and will require a 2mm split to maintain a 1:1 ratio. Using the 24T will allow to use front and rear tires of the same diameter.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:08 PM   #78
Tech Master

Jeff: I am running the front belt at loose as well
Old 09-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #79
Tech Elite

What is the benefit of overdrive anyway? Since we have to true the tires to different sizes to maintain a even drive ratio, wouldn't it be better off to run the 24T pully and use the same size tires (or slightly bigger rear for wear) like the FW? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #80
Tech Adept

sorry i should have more clear... larger tires in the rear to even out the overdrive that you get front the front stock over drive. The overdrive is great as it will make the tires wear much more evenly and maintain that split for a longer time. It gives more on power steering and faster turn in. That is why some guys were using the 40th rear gear and 39 th front gear in the FW-05 r... to get this front overdrive. i have been starting with a 3mm stagger as it ensures that i will still have a split at the end of the race. It starts a bit slower but finishes very strong once the tires wear in. i cant set the tire taper on my tire truer so it actually only takes a few laps to wear the rear into a good split. A little loose to start though.
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:48 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Hello friend,
can u give waht diff oil u using for front n rear.
pau_kacang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:06 AM   #82
Tech Master

I am running one-way and rear diff with 30K oil
Old 10-01-2004, 04:05 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default front diff

guys, is there an option to use a regular diff up front for the v-one rrr??? the track layout here is more of a technical track... thanks
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Default Re: front diff

Quote:
Originally posted by doki_doki
guys, is there an option to use a regular diff up front for the v-one rrr??? the track layout here is more of a technical track... thanks
I m using one at the moment. The kit includes the front diff casing however you have to buy the bevel gears and the outdrive cup. I use my extra bevel gears that I have from my Evo, I also use Mugen Diff outdrive cup with it, which is a perfect fit. You will also have to put bearing spacer/shim on both side of the bearing to get rid of the lateral play when you are done putting it in between the bulkheads. FYI I use my FW's extra diff bearing spacer.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:50 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I'm giving this car a try. The FW-05R will rest until the RR conversion comes out.

If anyone would like to buy parts this is a really cheap place to buy. http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:24 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Just finished the car last night but it's raining today so no testing.

I am having mixed feelings about this car. It is so light and low in CG it's sure to handle well. On the other hand, maintenance is going to be a pain compare to the FW. And what's up with the belt rubbing the manifold anyway!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #87
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Just finished the car last night but it's raining today so no testing.

I am having mixed feelings about this car. It is so light and low in CG it's sure to handle well. On the other hand, maintenance is going to be a pain compare to the FW. And what's up with the belt rubbing the manifold anyway!
hey Jeff is this car as light or lighter than the 710 would you know? because the S710 is really underweight
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic

i think the car weighs about 1700 or less race ready.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:27 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I'm giving this car a try. The FW-05R will rest until the RR conversion comes out.
[/url]
Nice !

I guess we can now expect another TQ from you but now from
the Triple R....
Old 10-01-2004, 11:33 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
hey Jeff is this car as light or lighter than the 710 would you know? because the S710 is really underweight
Hi FW05R,

During the recent Fall Championship (RD Logics Race) held in
Revelation a week ago, I ran a Triple R and my car passed thru
tech at 1740 .... which is 15 over the limit.

The car I had is box stock and the only thing added to it is the
rear shock tower was doubled up...