Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho v-one rrr >

Kyosho v-one rrr

Kyosho v-one rrr

Old 02-15-2007, 07:00 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A
What race tyres r working for drivers?.. racedayhobbies.com sells the GQ and K-Factory's for good prices what r u people using..
I use Kyosho tires and like them very much.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Suspension Travel

After fixing all the damage from my last race, I spent time setting the car up last night. Because I have lost confidence in the setting I had, I decided to use the stock settings recommended by Kyosho.

Now according to the manual, the Chassis Height should be 5.5mm in front and 6mm at the back. The thing is, the stock black (front) and gold (rear) springs are so short that there is very little actual suspension travel at the rear! Surely the car will keep bottoming out under sharp acceleration?!?!?

I then downloaded Josh Cyril's setup and noticed that he has a achassis height of 6.5 in front and 7.5 in the rear! When I tried that, I found my rear suspension had a lot more travel. I then also changed the shock oil to 70 (front and rear) weight as per the Josh Cyril setup. Now I'll be testing all this tomorrow but, just to save me some time , has anyone tried driving the car with these type of ride height settings? The last thing I want is a wobbly car ...

Thanks
Old 02-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag
I use Kyosho tires and like them very much.
Kyosho tires are great but they are expensive at my LHS.
1 sets of Kyosho actually equal to 2 sets of GQ,
So i use GQ tires and so far so good .
and can't wait to test my new motor

Last edited by maskedrider; 02-16-2007 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maskedrider
Kyosho tires are great but they are expensive at my LHS.
1 sets of Kyosho actually equal to 2 sets of GQ,
So i use GQ tires and so far so good .
and can't wait to test my new motor

as itchy b suggested in the sirio thread, make sure you wear a belt with your trousers when you start leaning it out.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twiggy
as itchy b suggested in the sirio thread, make sure you wear a belt with your trousers when you start leaning it out.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Old 02-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default digital scale for 1/10

Does anyone knows where on the net can i find digital scale to measure weight for my RRR?Do these items worth buying?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Most people I see are using a postal scale. You can pick one up for around 60 or 70 USD at any office supply store. On the net you can try www.officedepot.com Some have 4 small scales to weigh each corner but they are a lot more expensive and I dont think it's worth it. I have no scale, I just weigh at the track.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default digital scale for 1/10

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
Does anyone knows where on the net can i find digital scale to measure weight for my RRR?Do these items worth buying?
thanks guys,i was just searching for a r/c manufacturer for digital scale like hpi or sth like that
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys a quick ?

i was building my v1 rrr wce together until i got to the part where it asks me to glue the brakes together with rubber cement.

what is rubber cement

and can i use Medium CA glue instead or thread lock instead

And if i have to use rubber cement where can i get it and what are some good brands
Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

you can use CA glue for attaching the brake pads.... that is what i used to attach mine and havent had any problems.....
Old 02-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

JB WELD is also great for glueing brake pads, i've done it for many years now in both 1/8th and 1/10th
Old 02-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

one more ?

i am on step 18 on my v1 rrr wce and the screw it says i need for the step does not fit in the rear buldkhead hole ?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Test Results

So I tested the car on the weekend and man is it sweet! I built this thing last year November and have never managed to get to the sweet spot in terms of handling ...getting there has been well worth the past frustrations . It's as Scott said ...make sure sure the car is in good mechanical condition and then make adjustments at the track.

Anyway, I started out with the Josh Cyril setup and found the rear was still a little too loose on power. I then gave the car more front droop (from 0 to -1), That helped a little, but not too much, so I tried to soften the rear by changing the shock oil from 60 to 40 and progressively started laying in the rear shocks (finally stopping at 1). By then the smile on my face while on the drivers stand said it all ! Turn in was awesome and if you went in with too much speed and consequently started washing out, you could bring the car back in line with quick blips of the throttle ...it was mind boggling ! Down the sweeper I would let of slightly as I turned into it, then I would go to half throttle before ramming it at the exit ...I never washed out once ...it was by far the best RC driving experience I have ever had ...I am still picturing it in my mind!

Next weekend I'll be racing at my club again. Before then, I'd like to try just two more things that I did not have at hand on Saturday: Softer springs for the rear (though the fishtailing is all but gone ..there are still some traces of it going out of slow corners) and softer tyres all around. On Saturday I used 45 shore in front and 40 at the rear ...that might be a little too hard . I am thinking 40\38 or even 40\40. Anyway ..this forum is great and the help I have gotten here has been awesome. Though I will still take it a little easy during the race meet next week, I definately do not think there will be a 3 second lap gap between me and the top guys anymore. Considering this will be my second race ever, my goal is to take at least a second and half out of that ...the rest I'll make up during the year as my knowledge of the car and it's handling potential improves. I am so happy with the car now, that this week I'll be picking up new one (WCE) and this time with the Sirio .12 in the picture above ...that engine is MASSIVE . My current stock RRR with the N12LL3 will be my spare car ...hmmmmmm
Old 02-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when the car is a dream to drive it makes racing a lot more enjoyable!
i know exactly how you feel!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.