R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #8791
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoNTC3
Oh Yea! It's sitting at GB HT right now. Jimmy is doing my motor and then Chuck is sending it all to me. I also got the skyline pipe off Ebay for $45 Sweet!!!
sweet dude! youll love the car, its light years beyond the TC3. when do you get back to MD?

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #8792
Tech Adept

i know about 3racing.In some times 3 to get racing is a lot!!i had many parts on my R.That's why ,this time i didn't use 3 racing in crucial points like front swing shaft.This time I used 3 racing in points where it cannot easily brake sth.The only point i use 3racing right now and i'm afraid of is the rear main shaft.I hope that titanium from 3 racing will last a little more than "hard alluminum".Luckily ,so far the main rear shaft exists in one piece!!!
nickiphorosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #8793
Tech Adept

Default RRR

my friend DOKI DOKI,i think you are the only one who gets the point!!!I finally found someone who is so crazy like me about KYOSHO and RRR!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #8794
Tech Adept

Default GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Widow
Hi there,

saw that you purchase a number of 1st gear spur, do u often strip the spur gear that often? hee
I have one of every kind,59-60-61 , 55-56.Don't forget that stripping gears is not sth to lough with.Everyone can strip gears.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #8795
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_moe
Hey Nick,,

I hate to brings this to you,, but do you know what 3RACING stands for..??

3Racing= 3 times to go Racing...

No offense dude,, you have a beautifull car and it looks sweeeeeeet.. Honestly speaking, I wouldn't count very much on 3Racing. In my opinion,, it's one of the cheapest quality brands of hop-ups out there in the market. It will defenitely make your car look good and feel stronger to be kept on a shelf,, but on a race track,, Forget about it!!

I'm not saying this because I own a Mugen,, but in fact I'm saying this based on experience. I've used 3Racing products on my Mugen that didn't last a day(that includes not crashing the car). Their parts are just not durable enough. Call yourself lucky if the parts held for 3 times of racing.. (get the joke??)

Overall,, congratulations on a having a nice car. I will soon join the Kyosho owners club just like you,, but defenitely not with the 3Racing parts..
i know about 3racing.In some times 3 to get racing is a lot!!i had many parts on my R.That's why ,this time i didn't use 3 racing in crucial points like front swing shaft.This time I used 3 racing in points where it cannot easily brake sth.The only point i use 3racing right now and i'm afraid of is the rear main shaft.I hope that titanium from 3 racing will last a little more than "hard alluminum".Luckily ,so far the main rear shaft exists in one piece!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #8796
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
I have one of every kind,59-60-61 , 55-56.Don't forget that stripping gears is not sth to lough with.Everyone can strip gears.
Never had a problem with my spur gears stripping Had my kit for bout 6 to 7 months and raced it. Havent stripped the spur gear since By the way, I have changed the stock aluminum pinion gears to the steel ones
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #8797
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
my friend DOKI DOKI,i think you are the only one who gets the point!!!I finally found someone who is so crazy like me about KYOSHO and RRR!
Well, I also have friend who is also crazy about Kyosho V-One RRR
Old 02-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #8798
Tech Regular

Who are using SP Main Chassis 3T/7075 VZW214? It's a good upgrade? How about the rigidty and performance? It seems to be the same material of RR-Evo..
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #8799
A
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to A

What race tyres r working for drivers?.. racedayhobbies.com sells the GQ and K-Factory's for good prices what r u people using..
A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #8800
Tech Addict

i use GQ

Hamilton 2008 F1 champion!
twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:55 AM   #8801
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by A
What race tyres r working for drivers?.. racedayhobbies.com sells the GQ and K-Factory's for good prices what r u people using..
I like Jaco Nitro Shoes & Micro-system tires that works well for me.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:57 AM   #8802
Tech Addict

ive been using devil tyres for a year now and are happy with them
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:01 AM   #8803
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Kyosho RRR

I was using Fast Tires when they were still avaliable, then tried GQ tires.
I first bought about 10 sets, and could not understand what the problem was until I checked them all with my guage, and found out that the 40 shores were actually around 48 shore, and the 45 shore were around 50 to 52 shore.
They were way off on the shores.
The same problem with the 1/8 scale tires that I bought. The shores were not even close to what they were supposed to be.
I wound up giving all the CG tires away to a friend, because they were of no use to me.
I then changed over to Jaco tires, and have not had a problem.
I would like to try the new Novarossi tires just to see the consistancy.
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #8804
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc358
I first bought about 10 sets, and could not understand what the problem was until I checked them all with my guage, and found out that the 40 shores were actually around 48 shore, and the 45 shore were around 50 to 52 shore.
The same problem with the 1/8 scale tires that I bought. The shores were not even close to what they were supposed to be.
I wound up giving all the CG tires away to a friend, because they were of no use to me.
The Novarossi tires are similar to the Kawahara/Zac racing tires
Old 02-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #8805
A
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to A

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc358
Sweet thanks for the heads up.. ill grab a couple o sets of each brand and see what works 4 me.. To get started im gunna base my shore on what locals @ the track are using and experiment from there, thinking this should get me in the ballpark nicely

Last edited by A; 02-15-2007 at 04:07 PM.
A is offline   Reply With Quote