R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #8746
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

IF you find the M body too loose, try putting min of 3mm of spacers between the body standoffs and the rear wing. You may have to trim the wing slightly to pass tech, but try it that way as well. The stratus 3.1 is always an excellent choice.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #8747
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
IF you find the M body too loose, try putting min of 3mm of spacers between the body standoffs and the rear wing. You may have to trim the wing slightly to pass tech, but try it that way as well. The stratus 3.1 is always an excellent choice.
I have it set exactly the same I tend not to listen to others & try it out myself before I pass judgement on the body.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #8748
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Scott, u finally get your RRR?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:05 AM   #8749
A
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to A

Wondering if any u guys have experienced this same problem? My steering servo saver is way close to the front drive belt. Its virtually touching, i am going to dremel a little of the servo saver just to ensure the belt wont rub under acceleration.. the pully position is not adjustable and the pully is installed correctly.. is this normal??
A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #8750
Tech Regular

This is not normal, maybe you have got some play on the pulley shaft. And when you pull the trigger it moves horizontally, you can place some thin shims to solve this problem
I have something like 0.4mm of clearence between the belt and servo saver case using normal belt (I think SP is wider)
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #8751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Scott, u finally get your RRR?
I got it on Monday.. FINALLY!! Just ordered a boat load of spares/tires etc. Also I just got my plane ticket to Speedline. I will probably give you a ring soon.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #8752
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Wondering if any u guys have experienced this same problem? My steering servo saver is way close to the front drive belt. Its virtually touching, i am going to dremel a little of the servo saver just to ensure the belt wont rub under acceleration.. the pully position is not adjustable and the pully is installed correctly.. is this normal??

Well, the 5 RRR's i've had all had this issue -some rub hard up, some barely touch ( strange actually)... just get a dremel and slightly cut a groove into the servo saver, it's an easy fix!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #8753
A
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Well, the 5 RRR's i've had all had this issue -some rub hard up, some barely touch ( strange actually)... just get a dremel and slightly cut a groove into the servo saver, it's an easy fix!
Yeah thanx SpRacer... I haven't even run my car yet and i was wondering w.t.f was going on as i have taken alot of care with the build.. i try to ask before busting out the dremel on stuff!! Glad to know it's not an isolated thing..
A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #8754
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A
So far, I only noticed that the servo saver was touching the front drive belt when you are using a differential with the loosest setting, you should change to the #10 servo saver. If not, your #11 and #12 servo will hit the differential case and sometimes the front belt especially if you have set the belt tension to the loosest setting.
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #8755
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
So far, I only noticed that the servo saver was touching the front drive belt when you are using a differential with the loosest setting, you should change to the #10 servo saver. If not, your #11 and #12 servo will hit the differential case and sometimes the front belt especially if you have set the belt tension to the loosest setting.
Changing your servo saver to #10 to avoid rubbing against the bell is not the best recommendations especially if you do not know the effect that it will change your ackerman. you can try shimming the one way using the kyosho shim kit
Old 02-08-2007, 05:01 AM   #8756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez
Changing your servo saver to #10 to avoid rubbing against the bell is not the best recommendations especially if you do not know the effect that it will change your ackerman. you can try shimming the one way using the kyosho shim kit
Based on the manual I downloaded from the Kyosho website, it is recommended that you use the #10 servo saver when using a front differential. The #11 is recommended when using oneway
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:05 AM   #8757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I still couldn't understand why there are racers out there with a #11 ackerman can't run a front diff. We have 3 RRR here last year, all of us ran between a 1-way and front diff constantly, and neither of us have the problem with the #11 hitting the diff casing.

Dom
Old 02-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #8758
Tech Regular

My car RRR has a horizontally play on both rear arms and both upper and lower front arms.. I'm planing to put some thin shims in the shaft to solve this problem, but I noticed this problem on my friend Evo and more 2 RRR, I'm intrigued, is this play a part of the car project? Or should I take it out? Just wondering with that helps in the stability of the car or not
Old 02-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #8759
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
Based on the manual I downloaded from the Kyosho website, it is recommended that you use the #10 servo saver when using a front differential. The #11 is recommended when using oneway
Best medicine is to shimm it I use a 11 & have not had a problem with a diff,oneway,spool
Old 02-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #8760
Tech Regular

Guys
please help
I learnt from Kyosho what 0G in Setup Sheet mean. Correct if I'm wrong. To set your camber on 0G you have to disconnect the shock and sway bars and let the arms rest with the wheels off the ground. The question is. How can I do that? Any specify tool? I have no idea
ps: I have hudy setup station plus downstop blocks

another doubt. How drop affect in the car handling? My car has more drop on the front then rear and a guy on the track said this isn't positive and that I was loosing stability.. he said to set no drop, but I hesitate . I noticed when I break the front of the car dives What's the best set-up?