R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #8566
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Racing4Evo and kidDynomite switched from the RRR WCE to the MTX-4 and they are loving the Mugen more than the RRR.

Main question is, why are you switching?? What issue are you trying to address?
I'm sick and tired of the gear stripping problem I've had since day 1. Besides, it's ripping up my pockets. I've stripped 18 2nd gears in 4 mothns.. While I see my kyosho friends stripping a gear every month so. Besides, I can't tolerate a car that its gears need to be set 99.9% or else it won't last the day..

All I want to say is that I've had it and I know I will miss the way the car handles,, but overall I won't end up being broke..

By the way, I read your site (nitrokb.com) more than I can remember. It's a great site. I have tried everything mentioned and followed the instructions very carefully. Still, the life span of the Mugen gears turned out to be a lot shorter than what other guys have mentioned. Please don't ask me about 3 Racing gears because i think they're not even worth mentioning . No offense, but I think most guys are only being biased towards the MTX-4 they own. To top it off, I would also like to state that I'm not the only one with the problems. Another friend of mine owns the same car and he is facing loads of problems too while he is a lot more experienced than me.

Thanks anyways for asking rmdhawaii, and thanks for the hex screws link as well..
nitro_moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #8567
Tech Addict

I can relate to what Nitro-Moe is saying. That is the reason I switched form a MTX-4 to a Kyosho. Personally I havenít regretted the change one bit. For me the RRR handles better (i.e. has a lot more steering), is more responsive to setup changes, and has better tire wear than the MTX-4. That is what I have noticed in the brief time I have had the car.
Eric Gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #8568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nitro_moe: RRR is a great car. You'll be happy with it, I'm sure. It is infinitely adjustable, so you should be able find a setup that works for you. Enjoy!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #8569
Tech Initiate

@jag

the pic is right, there are only two flyweights used in this clutch.

some teammates tested the new clutch on my hometrack (asphalt indoor track) and they were surprised about the awseome performance of it.
playerdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #8570
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerdd
@jag

the pic is right, there are only two flyweights used in this clutch.

some teammates tested the new clutch on my hometrack (asphalt indoor track) and they were surprised about the awseome performance of it.
That is very interesting. I assume they go opposite each other on the flywheel?
I must get one and check it out.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #8571
Tech Adept

A question presents itself everytime I think of the RRR,, How long has the V1RRR trademark been in the market for?? What i actually mean is that although it has evolved from RRR to RRR WC, then to RRR EVO, and lately RRR EVO WC. Don't you think it would be time for Kyosho to come out with a complete newly designed trademark??

From what I've seen and heard from my friends is that nothing major has been changed in the car when it comes to it's actual design. Maybe they have repositioned the throttle servo, changed a few parts here and there, but does that count as whole new model??

I'd really hate to buy a car and then find out that a new model has been released or the company is planning a newer model shortly after buying it.

I hope you understand what I mean and maybe enlighten me with something I don't know regarding the RRR...
Old 01-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #8572
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_moe
A question presents itself everytime I think of the RRR,, How long has the V1RRR trademark been in the market for?? What i actually mean is that although it has evolved from RRR to RRR WC, then to RRR EVO, and lately RRR EVO WC. Don't you think it would be time for Kyosho to come out with a complete newly designed trademark??

From what I've seen and heard from my friends is that nothing major has been changed in the car when it comes to it's actual design. Maybe they have repositioned the throttle servo, changed a few parts here and there, but does that count as whole new model??

I'd really hate to buy a car and then find out that a new model has been released or the company is planning a newer model shortly after buying it.

I hope you understand what I mean and maybe enlighten me with something I don't know regarding the RRR...
IMO...

Nitro on-road cars are currently in their prime. There isn't much more you can do to take it to the next level of performance. What I see happening is changes in ease of maintenance, durability / reliablity. The fact that Kyosho is turning the RRR into the Evolva's little brother (i.e. taking Evolva parts and putting it on the RRR), to me, means that they are out of fresh ideas. I could be wrong in that respect, but that is how I see it. At the moment the RRR, MTX-4 and 720 pretty much have the same "general" design - but implemented differently. Will the RRR be superceded one day? Who knows? But I don't think it will be this year.

It will be interesting to see what the new Team XRAY NT1 looks like.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 01-16-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #8573
Tech Elite

double post

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 01-16-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #8574
Tech Elite

BTW.. RRR came out in 2004.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #8575
Tech Adept

Quote:
IMO...

Nitro on-road cars are currently in their prime. There isn't much more you can do to take it to the next level of performance. What I see happening is changes in ease of maintenance, durability / reliablity. The fact that Kyosho is turning the RRR into the Evolva's little brother (i.e. taking Evolva parts and putting it on the RRR), to me, means that they are out of fresh ideas. I could be wrong in that respect, but that is how I see it. At the moment the RRR, MTX-4 and 720 pretty much have the same "general" design - but implemented differently. Will the RRR be superceded one day? Who knows? But I don't think it will be this year.

The X-RAY NT1 has really been on my mind lately along with the RRR EVO WC. Do you really think it's worth waiting for? Or should I go and buy me a Kyosho?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #8576
Tech Elite

Safe bet is on the Kyosho. It's been around for a while, you can get plenty of help and it's a proven winner. In capable hands, even if it is 2+ years old, it can still keep up with any other car out on the track (i.e. 2006 IFMAR Worlds).

NT1 is probably a very well designed car - but it is an unknown quantity. If you can wait six months, then it's worth the wait to see what everyone has to say about it.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #8577
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_moe
The X-RAY NT1 has really been on my mind lately along with the RRR EVO WC. Do you really think it's worth waiting for? Or should I go and buy me a Kyosho?
From what I've been told, you may be waiting a while before the XRay is available. I was told it may be available by summer... maybe. The XRay is a good looking car but it is brand new. I need to see more of it before I get one.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #8578
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

may want to get the kyo-show and wait on the XRAY until its been around
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #8579
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
IMO...

I agree with most of what you're saying, with the exception of "Kyosho running out of ideas". I don't think thst's the case at all. Would you make drastics changes on a world championship winning design or would you make small improvements to refine the deign? I think we can all agree on the latter. Kyosho is just improving on an already dynamite platform! Appearantly, other manufacturers think so. too. Mugen basically, copied the entire design and I'm sure others will follow. I wonder why?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #8580
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I use the medium ones and the flat spring cup. If you use the short ball cups you risk not getting the correct droop because the shocks are too short. That is what I found on my car.
So the manual in incorrect then?? Well, in the sense of the droop settings

The guy at the track did mention something about droop but I dont get how the droop is effected. Cant you adjust the droop with the droop screws to make it have more droop? You screw in the shock shaft the same distance into the ball cup whether its short or long ball cups. Is it that the overall length is longer (the shaft stays the same lenght but the longer ball cup increases the lengh)?? If the length of the shaft is longer wouldnt that make the springs softer or would you screw down the adjuster to make it the same stiffness as if the short ball cup was used.

Have I made sense??
KyoshoKid is offline   Reply With Quote