R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #8446
Tech Master
 
fritzD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Again I must say sweeeeeet man!!!!!
very very sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #8447
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Unhappy

hello
I own the rubber version of RRR. It comes with gear diff in both axis. I want to upgrade the swing shafts for universal
I bought the VZ054 for front as manual says but it's too short and it doesn't reach the diff cup

also have
VSW006
VSW007
VSW015
VZW219



which one should I buy?

Thanks
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #8448
Tech Rookie
 
bongon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Hi guys, I'm new here.
Just picked up a used V-one R and noticed it sometimes doesn't engage into any gear. I ran it on the roto-start and it seems to engage for a certain amount of time/revs and then it disengages. It keeps doing this constantly, like it's hunting in between gears. Anyone had this problem before? Or can anyone shed some light with a fix for it?
Thanks in advance!
bongon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #8449
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongon74
Hi guys, I'm new here.
Just picked up a used V-one R and noticed it sometimes doesn't engage into any gear. I ran it on the roto-start and it seems to engage for a certain amount of time/revs and then it disengages. It keeps doing this constantly, like it's hunting in between gears. Anyone had this problem before? Or can anyone shed some light with a fix for it?
Thanks in advance!
try checking your clutch setting....
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #8450
Tech Rookie
 
bongon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks for the quick reply RCABJ! Which clutch do I need to adjust? I have adjusted the 2nd clutch according to the manual's instructions, unless it's worn out.
bongon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #8451
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongon74
Thanks for the quick reply RCABJ! Which clutch do I need to adjust? I have adjusted the 2nd clutch according to the manual's instructions, unless it's worn out.
sorry i may have misunderstood u, which part r u having problem? the engine clutch systems or your 2 speed system ? and is it the V1R or the RRR?
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #8452
Tech Rookie
 
bongon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Default

It seems that the 2nd clutch that I'm having problems with. I don't think there's any adjustments for the engine clutch, is there? I just checked the engine clutch now and it seems fine, and I just checked the 1 way bearing on the first spur gear and it seems fine and grabbing, although I'm no expert. With the engine turned off, turning the first spur gear by hand and the wheels turn, however, when the engine's running they sometimes don't engage. Something is weird with it.
bongon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:55 AM   #8453
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongon74
It seems that the 2nd clutch that I'm having problems with. I don't think there's any adjustments for the engine clutch, is there? I just checked the engine clutch now and it seems fine, and I just checked the 1 way bearing on the first spur gear and it seems fine and grabbing, although I'm no expert. With the engine turned off, turning the first spur gear by hand and the wheels turn, however, when the engine's running they sometimes don't engage. Something is weird with it.
well if its the 1st speed spur gear then u should clean the one way bearing and lube it with the 1way oil, as for the 2nd speed clutch try to assemble as per manual....
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:02 AM   #8454
Tech Rookie
 
bongon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Default

I played around with the idle and adjusted it to higher revs and it seems to be working fine now. I did clean the 1 way bearing but don't have any 1 way oil for it. Is there a substitute?
In the midst of tuning the idle and playing around with gearbox assembly the steering servo packed it Luckily I had a spare 1 and now it should be ok. I'll give it another go tomorrow and see what eventuates. I'll keep you all updated.
Cheers.
bongon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #8455
Tech Adept
 
KyoshoKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pinion and Spur gear spacing

What are you views on the below?

- I installed the engine on the engine mount and when screwing in the engine mount I pushed it all the way towards the pinion gears (towards the outer side of the car).
- The 16T pinion gear and 1st gear Spur line up plush against each other so when you run your finger over them (from the outside) it sits perfectly
- The 2nd gear Spur and 21T pinion sit flush against each from the inside of the car (towards the motor) but there is a few mm gab between them towards the outside of the car (make sense?)

I guess my question is - the 1st gears are aligned pretty much dead centre but the second gears are towards one side slightly, is this OK?
__________________
-------------------------------------------------
Control the mind, control the finger, control the car
-------------------------------------------------
KyoshoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #8456
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Does anybody know were I can order part#VZW207 for the rear shock tower of RRR the part was mention in the thread earlier this year on page 169 if anyone know please leave info. on thread or pm me greatly appreciated.



Thanks in advance Ivan
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #8457
Tech Fanatic
 
robert maestrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miramar
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Does anybody know were I can order part#VZW207 for the rear shock tower of RRR the part was mention in the thread earlier this year on page 169 if anyone know please leave info. on thread or pm me greatly appreciated.



Thanks in advance Ivan

Try...www.kyoshoamerica.com
__________________
Sippin Coladas and Chillin
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #8458
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default I want to upgrade my brakes..

guys i want to upgrade mybrakes on the rrr

currently im using the stock brake pads but with 2 rrr discs, these seams to work good but the pads are almost worn out

what are some good brake pad upgrades?

how about the k-factory real pads ?
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:08 AM   #8459
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Forget the K-Factory pads. This is THE best brake pads your money can buy! Absolutely no fade for me at all during a 45 min Main! And I used stock rotor. Serious stopping power!

http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/pr...YOIFW324/410.0

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:27 AM   #8460
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Forget the K-Factory pads. This is THE best brake pads your money can buy! Absolutely no fade for me at all during a 45 min Main! And I used stock rotor. Serious stopping power!

http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/pr...YOIFW324/410.0

Dom
Umm. are they not the same? I think the KFactory pads are the best because they are cheaper than the Kyosho version.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net