Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Again I must say sweeeeeet man!!!!!
very very sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #8447
Tech Regular

Unhappy

hello
I own the rubber version of RRR. It comes with gear diff in both axis. I want to upgrade the swing shafts for universal
I bought the VZ054 for front as manual says but it's too short and it doesn't reach the diff cup

also have
VSW006
VSW007
VSW015
VZW219

which one should I buy?

Thanks
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #8448
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, I'm new here.
Just picked up a used V-one R and noticed it sometimes doesn't engage into any gear. I ran it on the roto-start and it seems to engage for a certain amount of time/revs and then it disengages. It keeps doing this constantly, like it's hunting in between gears. Anyone had this problem before? Or can anyone shed some light with a fix for it?
Thanks in advance!
bongon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #8449
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongon74
Hi guys, I'm new here.
Just picked up a used V-one R and noticed it sometimes doesn't engage into any gear. I ran it on the roto-start and it seems to engage for a certain amount of time/revs and then it disengages. It keeps doing this constantly, like it's hunting in between gears. Anyone had this problem before? Or can anyone shed some light with a fix for it?
Thanks in advance!
try checking your clutch setting....
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #8450
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply RCABJ! Which clutch do I need to adjust? I have adjusted the 2nd clutch according to the manual's instructions, unless it's worn out.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #8451
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply RCABJ! Which clutch do I need to adjust? I have adjusted the 2nd clutch according to the manual's instructions, unless it's worn out.
sorry i may have misunderstood u, which part r u having problem? the engine clutch systems or your 2 speed system ? and is it the V1R or the RRR?
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
Old 12-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #8452
Tech Rookie

It seems that the 2nd clutch that I'm having problems with. I don't think there's any adjustments for the engine clutch, is there? I just checked the engine clutch now and it seems fine, and I just checked the 1 way bearing on the first spur gear and it seems fine and grabbing, although I'm no expert. With the engine turned off, turning the first spur gear by hand and the wheels turn, however, when the engine's running they sometimes don't engage. Something is weird with it.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:55 AM   #8453
Tech Elite

Quote:
It seems that the 2nd clutch that I'm having problems with. I don't think there's any adjustments for the engine clutch, is there? I just checked the engine clutch now and it seems fine, and I just checked the 1 way bearing on the first spur gear and it seems fine and grabbing, although I'm no expert. With the engine turned off, turning the first spur gear by hand and the wheels turn, however, when the engine's running they sometimes don't engage. Something is weird with it.
well if its the 1st speed spur gear then u should clean the one way bearing and lube it with the 1way oil, as for the 2nd speed clutch try to assemble as per manual....
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
Old 12-26-2006, 04:02 AM   #8454
Tech Rookie

I played around with the idle and adjusted it to higher revs and it seems to be working fine now. I did clean the 1 way bearing but don't have any 1 way oil for it. Is there a substitute?
In the midst of tuning the idle and playing around with gearbox assembly the steering servo packed it Luckily I had a spare 1 and now it should be ok. I'll give it another go tomorrow and see what eventuates. I'll keep you all updated.
Cheers.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #8455
Tech Adept

Default Pinion and Spur gear spacing

What are you views on the below?

- I installed the engine on the engine mount and when screwing in the engine mount I pushed it all the way towards the pinion gears (towards the outer side of the car).
- The 16T pinion gear and 1st gear Spur line up plush against each other so when you run your finger over them (from the outside) it sits perfectly
- The 2nd gear Spur and 21T pinion sit flush against each from the inside of the car (towards the motor) but there is a few mm gab between them towards the outside of the car (make sense?)

I guess my question is - the 1st gears are aligned pretty much dead centre but the second gears are towards one side slightly, is this OK?
KyoshoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #8456
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Does anybody know were I can order part#VZW207 for the rear shock tower of RRR the part was mention in the thread earlier this year on page 169 if anyone know please leave info. on thread or pm me greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Ivan
Old 12-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #8457
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Does anybody know were I can order part#VZW207 for the rear shock tower of RRR the part was mention in the thread earlier this year on page 169 if anyone know please leave info. on thread or pm me greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Ivan

Try...www.kyoshoamerica.com
Old 12-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #8458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default I want to upgrade my brakes..

guys i want to upgrade mybrakes on the rrr

currently im using the stock brake pads but with 2 rrr discs, these seams to work good but the pads are almost worn out

what are some good brake pad upgrades?

how about the k-factory real pads ?
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:08 AM   #8459
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Forget the K-Factory pads. This is THE best brake pads your money can buy! Absolutely no fade for me at all during a 45 min Main! And I used stock rotor. Serious stopping power!

http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/pr...YOIFW324/410.0

Dom
Old 12-27-2006, 02:27 AM   #8460
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Forget the K-Factory pads. This is THE best brake pads your money can buy! Absolutely no fade for me at all during a 45 min Main! And I used stock rotor. Serious stopping power!

http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/pr...YOIFW324/410.0

Dom
Umm. are they not the same? I think the KFactory pads are the best because they are cheaper than the Kyosho version.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote