R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #8116
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Forgot about the manifold. Yes it touches the manifold but doesnt wear the belt.

Cheers
I did a careful filing on the manifold about 1mm, however it should loosen abit when u get dw on the tracks. shldn't be a problem

cheers
Black_Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #8117
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnypiston
Thanks ziggy ....comprehensive response! I really did think that either a spring or fuel tubing would sort the brake linkage problem out but being fairly new to assembling kits (my first was an EP Tamiya truck ...much simpler!!) I did not want to do anything other than what the manual said I should do. I should start trusting myself and follow my instincts. Did your belt not touch your manifold even without adjusting the tensioner?
What kind of pipe is it? You can adjust the belt tensioner but just don't make the belt too tight. I use a Mega pipe and I ground the header down because it rubbed very badly.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #8118
Tech Addict

hi guys, i ive in australia and am thinking of getting the v1rr, does anyone know if there planning on releasing a different car anytime soon from kyosho to replace the rrr?

if not, which v1rr version is the best to get?

and whats the best price?(if possible could you give me the link to the shop)
thanks marty
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #8119
Tech Apprentice

It's an X12 (I think by Ofna). Last night (I think I am in a different time zone from most of you!) I basically rebuilt the rear of the car. I put about 13mm of fuel tubing between the brake pads and put the screws through. This (thanks ziggy) sorted the brake issues ...fantastic!
The servo arm problem was mostly caused by me using the wrong ball ends on the servo link and servo arm. Basically, I used the ones that were intended for the rear shocks which, as you know, are MUCH larger than the correct ones. This obviously restricted the amount of space I had to work with. Now I am, still with a bit of difficulty, able to clip the ball cup into place with the use of long nose pliers (through the hole on the graphite upper).

About the manifold problem - I searched through previous posts from as far back as 2004 and even back then this was a problem! So I have decided to follow your advice and file 1mm off the bottom edge. Thank the rc gods I bought a dremel tool with my car !!

Anyway, gents, I am now within days of putting her down and breaking that fire-breathing engine in. Soon I will hopefully put down some laps in anger. Can't wait to experience what most you have spoken about on this forum ...a real honour to join the club!!

BTW: Though I intend heat cycling the engine (Novarosi NS12S3) through about 5 tanks, I have heard from the people at the LHS that competition engines will do better if they have a 10 tank break in ...is this true? I have an RTR and I only put that through 4 tanks of heat clycling and the motor is still running strong (after something like 5 galons).
johnypiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:00 AM   #8120
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly
hi guys, i ive in australia and am thinking of getting the v1rr, does anyone know if there planning on releasing a different car anytime soon from kyosho to replace the rrr?

thanks marty
Try v-one rrr or evo (try asking [email protected] for export), so far review of this kit is still firm. Well depend on ur budget, higher end will be the serpent 720. So what u guys recommend?
Black_Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 AM   #8121
Tech Regular

Cool Centax Clutch Question

Has anyone tried the black clutch weights that come in your RRR WCE kit?

The manual recommends the white weights, but now that I have reached a stage of fine tuning my car, I was wondering if I can expect a more aggressive enguagement since these weights look lighter.

Also, the white weights fit between the "support pins" on the flywheel, whereas the black weights pivot on them.

What can I expect????
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #8122
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Has anyone tried the black clutch weights that come in your RRR WCE kit?

The manual recommends the white weights, but now that I have reached a stage of fine tuning my car, I was wondering if I can expect a more aggressive enguagement since these weights look lighter.

Also, the white weights fit between the "support pins" on the flywheel, whereas the black weights pivot on them.

What can I expect????
those will not work with the RRR clutch....the white weights by far are the best option....open holes on the white weights to 3.8 mm and you should fell significant difference...hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #8123
Tech Regular

Thanks man!

Will try this.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #8124
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
those will not work with the RRR clutch....the white weights by far are the best option....open holes on the white weights to 3.8 mm and you should fell significant difference...hope this helps.
robert your starting to let your tricks out of the bag.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #8125
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca30
Don't worry rocca, it's all for a good cause.

The V1 must always be on top. Opps so sorry, I mean stay on top....
Old 10-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #8126
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

its all in the name of the3R lets keep the pressure on the competition keep the info. comming
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #8127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly

thanks marty
Are you succumbing to the pressure of a belt drive car marty???????

My only recommendation to you marty is dont buy one from overseas, get one from an aussie distributor. Doesnt have to be local if your not comfortable but get one from here.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #8128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

buy it from overseas
much cheaper and you dont have to put up with salesmens attitudes
i buy everything from pro shop futaba in japan

send an email to [email protected]
tell them wat you want, pay them with paypal and in 3 days you will have your stuff at your door step
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #8129
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca30
Ralphie.....as you should already know i dont have any secrets Im a tell all book when it comes to helping others go faster ...its the only way to help the hobby grow and keep the competition high....but all the secrets in the world will not help you see ya at the next race swauger Jr.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #8130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default part number for kyosho solid front axle ?

hey guys
does anyone have the part number for this ?

i think its a v-one s3 part

thanks
JOhn
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote