Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
Kyosho America has just received these new parts:

VZW204 Rear Adjustable Stabilizer Set(RRR/RRR E
VZW204-01 Rear Adjustable Stabilizer Bar(RRR/RRR E
VZW219 Universal Swing Shaft Set(RRR/RRR Evo/2P

Dang it Tim! I just got my order in the mail... putting all the EVO stuff on right now!

Oh well.... another order email coming right up!

Dom
Old 07-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #7562
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Dang it Tim! I just got my order in the mail... putting all the EVO stuff on right now!

Oh well.... another order email coming right up!

Dom
LOL.

nice avatar....ROFLMAO
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #7563
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
LOL.

nice avatar....ROFLMAO
Glad you like.

You have PM too.

Dom
Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #7564
Tech Elite

Well, here it is... the EVO top deck.

I did order all the new springs, spurs but did made an error. For the new springs, you HAVE to use the Evolva shock collars (VZ109) which I didn't order, and since you have to use Evolva collars, that means you have to use Evolva shock bodies(FM529-1). Why? Because the new springs are a tad smaller in I.D., they won't fit on your existing RRR shocks, Evolva shock collars are smaller. This is for both front and rear springs.

So make sure you order all the parts needed for the new springs.

The new deck impression...

Awesome, everything is so much easier to get to now. Even the steering servo mount has been improved. It has been cut through now (notice where my steering servo wire is going???) so that you can gain access to the ball nut on your servo horn! On the top deck, there is a small hole where you can line up your ackerman and get access to the screw on the steering ackerman.

You can put the throttle servo underneath the top deck, however you'll need to cut the front part of the radio tray support to clear the servo. I didn't feel like doing that, plus once you cut it you won't have a hole for the screw anymore, didn't want to sacrifice strength so I just put the steering servo above the top deck. As for the receiver, I just use good ol' servo tape, and will be cutting a piece of bicycle inner tuble to wrapped the whole thing up. As for getting t-boned on the side? Before I drive for Kyosho, I was running Mugen 1/10th and 1/8th, both with the receiver on the side... no problem there so I don't anticipate anything will happen to the receiver again.

I also got the wide bumper, which is really meant to use with Lola body, so it'll require a little bit of trimming to fit sedan bodies.

Dom
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5253.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5255.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5256.jpg  
Old 07-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #7565
Tech Elite

Couple more...

Dom
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5257.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5258.jpg  
Old 07-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #7566
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hi Dom
have you tried the front spool yet??
Old 07-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #7567
Tech Elite

Not yet, have you tried it at FW? The tracks I've ran at lately, I feel a 1-way would benefit more. With the way SARCAR usually setup their tracks, it should be a 1-way track too at the Fuel Challenge.

Dom
Old 07-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #7568
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Not yet, have you tried it at FW? The tracks I've ran at lately, I feel a 1-way would benefit more. With the way SARCAR usually setup their tracks, it should be a 1-way track too at the Fuel Challenge.

Dom
All I know it Mark was fast and very consisted and quick lap time with the spool.....I'll let you know next sunday race
Old 07-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #7569
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
All I know it Mark was fast and very consisted and quick lap time with the spool.....I'll let you know next sunday race
I can see that on a smaller and tight track. I'll have the spool ready for the Sizz.

BTW, lack of experience with the front spool, has anyone spent quite a bit of time with a front spool?

Dom
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #7570
Tech Master

Quote:
I can see that on a smaller and tight track. I'll have the spool ready for the Sizz.

BTW, lack of experience with the front spool, has anyone spent quite a bit of time with a front spool?

Dom
yeb, I got two and a half heats with one till the front axile went byebye one me. I loved it.I had the atomic multi in the car, need to get the adapter and some new out drives. So Dom, instead of going to work, you put the evo stuff on your car, Must of not been that bad of a headach.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #7571
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
yeb, I got two and a half heats with one till the front axile went byebye one me. I loved it.I had the atomic multi in the car, need to get the adapter and some new out drives. So Dom, instead of going to work, you put the evo stuff on your car, Must of not been that bad of a headach.
Yeah yesterday that migraine pretty much killed me.

Well, if spool or diff is much better for our tracks then that's good news. Mike & I've been running 1-way all year long, looking forward to go even faster.

Dom
Old 07-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #7572
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:

Dom
Yes there is a few guy run with the spool but their car are electric sedan ....I think Mark ran the spool because the track was kinda tight hair pin and short straight away...the longest back stretch is 75 fts.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #7573
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
Yes there is a few guy run with the spool but their car are electric sedan ....I think Mark ran the spool because the track was kinda tight hair pin and short straight away...the longest back stretch is 75 fts.
Are you guys still running 40's? I need an idea on what tires I need to bring up.

Dom
Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 AM   #7574
Tech Addict

hey dom
what are the part numbers you need to do the stand up servo conversion?
was it expensive to do?
is it worthwhile (easier to wire up servos and reciever?)
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:05 AM   #7575
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Hey there, baby is born? She/he looks very healthy and great! (It is a girl?) Congrats!!

It is recommended to do lubing/cleaning maintenance to the bearings, and it depends on how much time you have and how hardworking you are, if you're talking about interval during a race that is. The only bearings I lube during a race are the clutch bearings and the thrust bearing. The others I do it once every 2 months...
baby Girl !!

can relax now.......

finally, Will be racing this coming event ..
wow....quite a number from MY joining this race...You taking part ?