R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-21-2004, 05:21 PM   #736
Tech Adept

I ended up going with the kyosho hollow middle shaft. It was the same weight and 1000 yen cheaper than the ti.

I tried the lower downforce banana style rear wing and the car was noticably faster but became very twichy (haha I guess i will be taking away some of that front traction i had gained) Very fast in the corners and down the straights though. I love this car for how easy it is to change setups and clean.
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:24 PM   #737
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to rossiRocket

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
... having said all that, i think with the proper attention and changes, the rrr has more potential. i have a bunch of small changes i want to do, then i think it will be good. i will run the rrr for now.
Can you elaborate on what you think needs attention/changes on the RRR that can make it good? I'm sure all of us hear would like to know.
rossiRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:32 PM   #738
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by raceblast
Does anyone have problem with the RRR shock, Does it leak oil? Does the shock ball end pop out easily when front end hits? I have an Evolva, and the Evolva shocks look like the RRR ones. The black diaphragm in the shock inverts upward after awhile. Worst, it cannot seal properly.
This topic has been brought up before and someone highly recommended using Tamiya TRF damper oil seals (part# OP-576)in place of the stock Kyosho units. These can be obtained from here ~> http://www.sslorder.com/speedtechrc/258.html
I have done this and so far, none of my shocks are leaking. Just be sure to use some Team Associated green slime on the o-rings when rebuilding them, really helps to make sure the o-rings form a solid seal with the piston shaft.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:33 PM   #739
Tech Adept

Can I get some different ideas on how some of you routed the wires. Pictures would help, if thats not asking to much. Thanks.
JOKERRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:16 PM   #740
Tech Adept

Default wiring

I wanted to keep the wiring as clean as possible, and on the RRR that was quite a challenge as there was little space to work with. For the switch wires that connects to the battery pack, I zipped tied it together and servo-taped it to the other side of the battery (the same side as the tuned pipe). It's okay if the wires run across the top of the battery since there is clearance between the bottom of the gas tank and the top of the battery.

With this huge wire cluster out of the way, you can route the throttle and steering servo wires, in between the throttle servo and tank/battery. For the switch wires, I drilled a hole in the steering servo mount to allow the wires to go through without having them go around. Makes for a much cleaner installation.

Here are some pics...

Old 11-21-2004, 07:50 PM   #741
Tech Adept

Thanks RossiRocket, Nice clean job, that's what I'm after also. Nice touch on drilling out the servo mount, I'll look into that.
JOKERRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:09 PM   #742
Tech Fanatic

when i say changes, i did mean small. nothing drastic. i want to change the rods on the rear sway bar, i will put small mugen or serpent titanium rods on them to make it adustable. i want to change the rod that is on the steering servo--- same as above--- smaller cup links with a titanium rod, so it can adjust. i want to find out the best solution for the receiver not being exposed to gas. at the track today, i saw a very nice setup--- it was a bicycle tire, it looked nice. i want change my ackerman to the 12 (this has more steering from what i hear). all in all, i am happy though. if i think of anything else, i will be sure to share my ideas. i have a good friend who is one of the best mechanics in the country who is helping me--- so we will see.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:15 PM   #743
Tech Fanatic

by the way, i raced the rrr today. i was happy with the car. a lot of very fast drivers out today, and this was the second time i had driven it. i qualified 9 in the A main. my wiring was not set up--- i kind of just through it together to have it ready for yesterday to practice (my first day with it) and did not have the time to fix it. anyhow in the A main the battery wire dragged on the ground and caused loss of power. but anyhow, for only the second time out and not to comfortable with the car, i was happy to make it in the A main. i did not like the 11 ackerman much. i felt it pushed a bit out of the corner. i think the 12 will help a lot--- i used the A ackerman in the prospec and from what i hear the equivilant is the 12. i tried putting the 24 tooth pully on the side belt. i got much much better even tire wear, but for some reason my times were not as good. i switched back to the 23 tooth. we will see. let me know what you guys think on some of this.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:38 PM   #744
Tech Fanatic

by the way, are these fuel tanks not legal. are they bigger the 75cc? i had some gas left over after my qualifer- with my mtx-3 i was always dry- even ran out sometimes.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #745
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
by the way, are these fuel tanks not legal. are they bigger the 75cc? i had some gas left over after my qualifer- with my mtx-3 i was always dry- even ran out sometimes.
They are 75cc and legal. If anything it's less since they leak!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:05 PM   #746
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default V-One RRR build review

Hi guys!

I've written an article about the build process of the V-One RRR.

You can find the article here

Once I've tested the car, I will write up my impressions about working on and driving the car at the track.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #747
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to OvalEvader

Nice article!
OvalEvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:37 PM   #748
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by OvalEvader
Nice article!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying out the car as soon as the weather allows it - snow and rain will hold this off for a couple of weeks yet
Old 11-21-2004, 11:53 PM   #749
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying out the car as soon as the weather allows it - snow and rain will hold this off for a couple of weeks yet
<cough> Pass it <cough> to where it'll get fully used.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:59 PM   #750
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
<cough> Pass it <cough> to where it'll get fully used.
I would, but I can't think of anyone who would like to test it - shame, as it is just sitting around trying to spawn something with my Xray and Serpent!