Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho v-one rrr >

Kyosho v-one rrr

Kyosho v-one rrr

Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maskedrider
what is the part number of the spring ?? And rated as Hard, middle or soft ??
Have you try on the Blue rear spring from Falcom ? and do you have that part number as well ?
It's the red Fantom rear spring: FM369-1.7; hardness of it is in between the RRR front silver and rear gold. I've found out the the front silver at the back seemed just a little bit too hard, hence the Fantom red spring. I've yet to try it out tho, hopefully I'll be able to give the car a spin this weekend.

I believe you're referring to the light blue Fantom springs, similar to the one shown in the RRR Evo kit? The part no. is FMW13-5318, did think of trying that one but it seems to me that the rating of the spring is not that different from our RRR gold rear spring, would rather play with the shock oil than to get another set of spring of ALMOST similar in characteristics...that's just me... Maybe you'll find the chart attached useful. Don't bother trying out springs from Serpent/Mugen, they don't fit, their inner diameter of the coil is a lil bit too small for our shocks.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:06 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvccsi
That is the kawahara rear sway bar. Part # K-497. I got mine from ChampRC in japan.
The RC Champ shop from Japan...Anybody know how well their shipping time??
Old 07-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
The RC Champ shop from Japan...Anybody know how well their shipping time??
If they have the items in stock, they will ship it right after payment is received. Also, EMS shipping is what they will quote you and use so you will get the items in just few days. I have bought from them for the last two years and not a single problem.

[email protected]
Old 07-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 2nd pinion gear removal

Quick question... I'm having great difficulty removing the 2nd pinion gear from the clutch bell, I can't see any way around completely bending the clutch bell to remove it... any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Munkmotion
Quick question... I'm having great difficulty removing the 2nd pinion gear from the clutch bell, I can't see any way around completely bending the clutch bell to remove it... any ideas?

Thanks!
Hi,
You can heat it up with a heat gun. Be carefull, do not overdo it, because then the gear will be very sensitive and it may break.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys. On SOLOARTISTS Last post he shows a picture of the rear of his RRR, Just wanting to know what the rear mounts were that he head on his car?? They are blue and they screw down from the top??

If you could provide me with a brand and part number that would be great thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its part#VZW207

Originally Posted by KYOSHORACER
Hi guys. On SOLOARTISTS Last post he shows a picture of the rear of his RRR, Just wanting to know what the rear mounts were that he head on his car?? They are blue and they screw down from the top??

If you could provide me with a brand and part number that would be great thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Mate
Old 07-05-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KYOSHORACER
Thanks Mate
Anytime
If you need any more info check this site out
http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/
It has a lot of info about RRR
Old 07-05-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

noted.....thanks Tommi

btw, what u think of the Yellow front and rear from Fantom ?

Last edited by maskedrider; 07-05-2006 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maskedrider
noted.....thanks Tommi

btw, what u think of the Yellow front and rear from Fantom ?
No prob...

I would try the yellow rear, but you could first try the RRR short silver (IF you have it ) to at least have an idea how it handles, that's what I normally do, if I like it then I would proceed on getting a different spring to continue experimenting. In my opinion, the yellow front would be too hard for my liking. It's pretty subjective since the usage of different springs really depends on the type of traction the track you run on and also your driving style.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tommi
Hi Mark, just an update after I got back to working around with the car again...of all the possibilities I've attempted to make the longer Fantom springs to work, I did not try it on with the stock shock ends......and it works! Must have been lack of sleep due to late night sleeps on WC matches and F1 race nights... My bad...thanks Mark!
No worries - same for me + lots of race weekends and then seeing Girlfriend during the week - man I'm so tired I could sleep a week
Old 07-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommi
No prob...

I would try the yellow rear, but you could first try the RRR short silver (IF you have it ) to at least have an idea how it handles, that's what I normally do, if I like it then I would proceed on getting a different spring to continue experimenting. In my opinion, the yellow front would be too hard for my liking. It's pretty subjective since the usage of different springs really depends on the type of traction the track you run on and also your driving style.
currently i'm using long silver on front and stock black on rear.... and i confortable with it.......... just wan to change the Rear to something similar to the stock black one...and was thinking of trying the elvola red/ Fantom yellow on rear.....
Old 07-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
look out its hot
Hi Soloartist,

I usually notice the 1/8 cars with a "chamber/ filter housing" on the inlet from the tune pipe to the fuel tank. What's the purpose for it and why the need to put it on your 1/10?

I assume to staybalize pressure, but with what result?

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hi,
You can heat it up with a heat gun. Be carefull, do not overdo it, because then the gear will be very sensitive and it may break.
That sounds like it would work, but with no heat gun or hair dryer I'm wondering if there is another way.

There seems to be two holes for a special tool or something, does anyone know about this?

I'm about to buy a new bell, removing this gear seems impossible.

BTW, the gear is rooooted so I dont care about damaging it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.