Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho v-one rrr >

Kyosho v-one rrr

Kyosho v-one rrr

Old 11-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Finished

Originally posted by InitialD
Nice job Mark ! Not forgetting the number of lies and days the GF has been deprived !
There was important work to do - straight after I'd been ill for three days due to Xray/TRF testing She's not happy!!
Old 11-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

i ran the car today for the first time. i had some problems at the beginning but overall i am happy. i do not like the throttle linkage though. the ball cups seem to come off easily. i am pretty happy though. tomorrow i have a race--- so we will see. i was planning on running my mtx-3 but i think i will go with the rrr.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by joemugen
i ran the car today for the first time. i had some problems at the beginning but overall i am happy. i do not like the throttle linkage though. the ball cups seem to come off easily. i am pretty happy though. tomorrow i have a race--- so we will see. i was planning on running my mtx-3 but i think i will go with the rrr.
How does the RRR compare to the MTX-3, in terms of handling and overal build-quality and value?
Old 11-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kidDynomite
I wouldn't go with the 3Racing shaft. Since the 2 pin holes are so close together, it snapped on me. I'd stick to the stock one until the hollow shafts come out. I have the Kyosho hollow shaft in my Evo...very light, very strong.
What do you mean "since the 2 pin holes are so close toether..." Isn't the 3Racing Ti shaft the same exact dimensions as the stock piece, just different material?
Old 11-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

3434 posted a picture of the 3Racing middle shaft. It's drilled twice in the middle to fit both the V-One R and V-One RR Evolution. Thier stuff isn't really high quality and I wouldn't use anything they make for high stress applications.

I now have all 3 shock towers(stock, Kyosho VZ056, and Kawahara V-One RR Evolution shock tower) to compare. I think the Kawahara is the best. It mounts securely to the bulkhead like the stock, has 4 holes( 1 more than the graphite Kyosho unit) and has a more linear arc to the shock positions.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

rossirocket, i think the rrr is faster out of the hole. i like the way the parts are universal--- could be left side or right side. but i do think the mtx-3 is a more fundamentally sound car. there is no play in the front upper arms, no binding that needs to be drilled out. the plastics are tougher--- the rrr plastics are much more brittal and will crack easier. having said all that, i think with the proper attention and changes, the rrr has more potential. i have a bunch of small changes i want to do, then i think it will be good. i will run the rrr for now.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Front toe.

Originally posted by markp27
Maybe I've missed something, but I can't seem to adjust the front toe, whilst the RRR is mounted on the Hudy setup prisms.
I see there is a little hole in both steering rods, but the upper arms prevent access to it
Is there an easy way of doing this?

Cheers, Mark.
Mark, before I switched all my tie-rods to Lunsfords, I used to put a body clip in the stock rods to make adjustments. When I was testing different toe angles, I would just leave short clips in for quick pit adjustments. The shories were a little hard on the fingers, but they didn't snag on the bulkhead.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

The RRR is easier to work on, just as high in quality as the Mugen. I used to have a Mugen last year. When the Mugen first came out, it too had some slop issues with the rear arms. The MTX-3 is a great car all around, but the RRR just takes it to the next level. I'm sure when the MTX-4 comes out( whenever that is) it will be an even better car than the 3 and probably better than the RRR. For someone starting out, I would point them to the Mugen for sure. The Kyosho is more sensitive to setup changes, a little trickier to setup/drive for the unexperienced but very fast when setup.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Front toe.

Originally posted by markp27
Maybe I've missed something, but I can't seem to adjust the front toe, whilst the RRR is mounted on the Hudy setup prisms.
I see there is a little hole in both steering rods, but the upper arms prevent access to it
Is there an easy way of doing this?

Cheers, Mark.
One thing that I've noticed is that once you have the toe set at 0deg. , a full turn of the ball end will increase or decrease the toe by 1 deg. increments. Pop off the outboard ball end, hold the tie rod with pliers and loosen or tighten the ball end with your fingers to get the toe you want. (i.e. loosening the ball end 1 turn will result in a +1 deg. toe setting)
Old 11-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rossiRocket
How does the RRR compare to the MTX-3, in terms of handling and overal build-quality and value?
The RRR is faster on the racetrack than the Mugen. I have noticed that it rotates around the turns faster without breaking loose. Faster out of the hole due to free drivetrain. I am able to get on the throttle much harder and earlier with the RRR than the Mugen. As far as quality, same if not better than Mugen. The car is easier to keep clean than the Mugen. I have been driving the car for about a month now and have sold the Mugen. I have yet to break anything except the rear shock tower, and have had some spectacular high speed crashes. I did see someone back the RRR into a wall at a slow speed and break a rear arm. I would recommend the front CVD's, the bones pop out like the Mugen. Oh, and with the big battery you don't have to charge before every qualifier. RRR vs MTX3 with the same driver the RRR will come out on top.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone have problem with the RRR shock, Does it leak oil? Does the shock ball end pop out easily when front end hits? I have an Evolva, and the Evolva shocks look like the RRR ones. The black diaphragm in the shock inverts upward after awhile. Worst, it cannot seal properly.

The shock ball end on the Evolva may pop out very easily. I wonder whether RRR suffers from the same problem?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

I race my RRR today and the car was DIALED! This is the best handling RC car I've ever had (and I had a few). Out of the box setup the car has plenty of steering yet the rear end is very stable and won't come loose. When temperture droped and traction came up in the late afternoon many people were traction rolling yet I can still enter turns by letting off instead of using brakes without worrying about traction roll. Unfortunately I blew my motor at the 20minute mark and DNFed but I was catching up to 3rd quick from a lap down when my motor gave.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by raceblast
Does anyone have problem with the RRR shock, Does it leak oil? Does the shock ball end pop out easily when front end hits? I have an Evolva, and the Evolva shocks look like the RRR ones. The black diaphragm in the shock inverts upward after awhile. Worst, it cannot seal properly.

The shock ball end on the Evolva may pop out very easily. I wonder whether RRR suffers from the same problem?
nope. these shocks are great and I seldom have to rebuild them. They haven't popped out either on my RRR but it did happen a few times with the FW05R.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default GOT MY KIT - At last..

Hi

I received my V one RRR kit today. Just looking at the box gave me goose bumps... !! lol ! well i hope that the driving does that too...... I had just started driving the fw05r last month and it handles quite well but i keep loosing the tyres all the time..... I mean the sponge just chips off....... usually its the front end every day at the track and i loose a pair !! Since i am new to racing at the tracks... i guess thats normal ? or is it ??

Well just wanted to know.... does the car handle as well as the fw05R or better? ? the guys who have driven them both shuold know...... ?!

MY track out here... is very dusty...... so i guess the front one way would not be a good idea.. since it makes the car slip while braking ?? in case i need to get the stock diffs which ones are right 1s for the vone3r ?

Regards
Aziz
Old 11-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rossiRocket
What do you mean "since the 2 pin holes are so close toether..." Isn't the 3Racing Ti shaft the same exact dimensions as the stock piece, just different material?
rossiRocket ,The 3Racing part in the picture is Aluminum not Ti. The part # is V1E-012. They might offer one now not sure. I bought that before the rrr came out for my EVO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.