R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #7036
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
No, Mine is all torn down in parts sitting inside the box. Mike ran his last weekend, the motor is ballistic!!! I ran my last year EVO 3 with the new EVO3 pipe, Mike's motor and his VR12 pipe was still a bit faster at the end of the straight.

Dom
Yeah, it's the pipe!

Are you guys shifting into second at about the same point? Is the performance what you were expecting or were you expecting more?

I'll be testing the WASP REV next weekend. Engine should be here on Wednesday.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:15 AM   #7037
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Yup, the regular kit had FZ74 as pivot balls, and like Rainer posted, FM337 for the WCE kit.

Dom
The black ones are the evolva ones and now included as part of the WCE kit

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #7038
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default New EVO

The thing that is screaming out to me when I look at those EVO pics is: A SIRIO EVO 2??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Come on people, that's the newest car with an engine that's been updated twice. Get with the program. Where is the STI?

It looks to me like they EVO'ed the RRR and not the WCE. Am I right? If so, I wonder why... marketing?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:24 AM   #7039
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Man, the Mugen is just TOUGHER.
Yeah, like you're going to say anything else...

Quote:
Plus I think the only way I'm going back to Kyosho is if I get sposored by them but I don't think that's going to happen.
So we are to understand that if all things were equal, you would be running a Kyosho?

It's cool. I'm just giving you a hard time.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #7040
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii


At the moment, my current line of thinking is, "better to bend, than to break." It's a point that someone brought up in the UE/X thead about Ti.
My guess is that if you crashed hard enough to break a pivot ball, then that's probably not going to be your only problem. You will probably be replacing a few parts.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:50 AM   #7041
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
The thing that is screaming out to me when I look at those EVO pics is: A SIRIO EVO 2??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Come on people, that's the newest car with an engine that's been updated twice. Get with the program. Where is the STI?

It looks to me like they EVO'ed the RRR and not the WCE. Am I right? If so, I wonder why... marketing?
You're right.

If they win with it at IFMAR in September, there will likely be a RRR EVO WCE, but it depends on who runs what at IFMAR. Adrien won with it at the FEMCA championships, so I'm sure he will run with it at IFMAR. Since Josh has seen the Ultimate Edition and X spec - it would be totally awesome if ran with that configuration with either the RRR EVO or RRR WCE, but that's a whole lot of wishful thinking on my part and extremely unlikely. I was totally surprised when he said he was running the 3Racings part on his car. Hung Cheung Hang, winner of pre-Worlds also knows about UE/X as well and he also has that part that he designed.

In case anybody missed it, Josh said he is running a stock WCE with the following parts:

Optional Kyosho stiff chassis
Aluminum Kyosho brake arm
Ti Bevel Shafts for the Diff
Hollow center shaft
3Racing radio tray mounts

With the MTX-4 and 720 on the horizon, I don't know what Kyosho is thinking. Maybe their next car will come out after the 720, so they can make sure it can beat both cars. Maybe they don't have a next car yet. Since Racing4Evo's testing with his friend demonstrated that the servo position doesn't make a difference from a performance perspective, it's just a marketing ploy to offer a RRR that looks different with some new/borrowed option parts. Big deal.

I think the only person that can answer any of our questions is Yoshinobu Nikaido, designer of the RRR. Anybody know how to get a hold of this guy?

P.S. I just woke up. Crashed early yesterday.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:22 AM   #7042
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Oh please share... we all have that list. Sharing may not help you but it might give others something to add to their list.
Let's see...

- 2.4 Ghz radio or new radio with 2.4 Ghz module
- Some of those 3Racing parts that Josh, Robert and ziggy12345 are running
- One of those cool brake setups like SPARX has
- A fold out tool bag like the pros use - Any suggestions?
- Some type of r/c luggage to carry my gear to next year's Winter and ROAR Nats
- An optical RPM sensor for my telemetry system. I've decided not to stick magnets to my lightweight flywheel.
- LiPo batteries and voltage regulator once I replace the receiver
- Air brush for painting. But this seems a bit excessive.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I already have 3-prong automotive puller to pull the flywheel off of the engine. Also just bought a compression gauge and a OFNA car stand to replace that lame Duratrax one that the car keeps falling off of.

Anybody got any cool stuff in their pit that the rest of us might find useful?
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-28-2006 at 07:57 AM.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #7043
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

You really have to look closely at some of these pictures to pick up on things. Checkout how they setup the sway bar linkage. It's no longer adjustable.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-swaybar_linkage.jpg  
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-28-2006 at 08:17 AM.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #7044
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
You're right.

If they win with it at IFMAR in September, there will likely be a RRR EVO WCE, but it depends on who runs what at IFMAR. Adrien won with it at the FEMCA championships, so I'm sure he will run with it at IFMAR. Since Josh has seen the Ultimate Edition and X spec - it would be totally awesome if ran with that configuration with either the RRR EVO or RRR WCE, but that's a whole lot of wishful thinking on my part and extremely unlikely. I was totally surprised when he said he was running the 3Racings part on his car. Hung Cheung Hang, winner of pre-Worlds also knows about UE/X as well and he also has that part that he designed.

In case anybody missed it, Josh said he is running a stock WCE with the following parts:

Optional Kyosho stiff chassis
Aluminum Kyosho brake arm
Ti Bevel Shafts for the Diff
Hollow center shaft
3Racing radio tray mounts

With the MTX-4 and 720 on the horizon, I don't know what Kyosho is thinking. Maybe their next car will come out after the 720, so they can make sure it can beat both cars. Maybe they don't have a next car yet. Since Racing4Evo's testing with his friend demonstrated that the servo position doesn't make a difference from a performance perspective, it's just a marketing ploy to offer a RRR that looks different with some new/borrowed option parts. Big deal.

I think the only person that can answer any of our questions is Yoshinobu Nikaido, designer of the RRR. Anybody know how to get a hold of this guy?

P.S. I just woke up. Crashed early yesterday.
how much more can be done the car works whats left the wp spec
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #7045
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
how much more can be done the car works whats left the wp spec
Yup! We're certainly at that point to say, "Just drive the car already!"
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #7046
Tech Fanatic
 
robert maestrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miramar
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Let's see...

- 2.4 Ghz radio or new radio with 2.4 Ghz module
- Some of those 3Racing parts that Josh, Robert and ziggy12345 are running
- One of those cool brake setups like SPARX has
- A fold out tool bag like the pros use - Any suggestions?
- Some type of r/c luggage to carry my gear to next year's Winter and ROAR Nats
- An optical RPM sensor for my telemetry system. I've decided not to stick magnets to my lightweight flywheel.
- LiPo batteries and voltage regulator once I replace the receiver
- Air brush for painting. But this seems a bit excessive.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I already have 3-prong automotive puller to pull the flywheel off of the engine. Also just bought a compression gauge and a OFNA car stand to replace that lame Duratrax one that the car keeps falling off of.

Anybody got any cool stuff in their pit that the rest of us might find useful?
Team magic bags are very nice....Formula 8 bag is waht I am currently using and they are awesome...not cheap
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #7047
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Team magic bags are very nice....Formula 8 bag is waht I am currently using and they are awesome...not cheap
You're right. That is a nice bag. Lowest price I've seen is $175. Does all your other stuff fit in it or do you still have other bags? I know you've got that seperate case for the Hudy.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...9220&pageNum=1
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #7048
Tech Fanatic
 
robert maestrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miramar
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
You're right. That is a nice bag. Lowest price I've seen is $175. Does all your other stuff fit in it or do you still have other bags? I know you've got that seperate case for the Hudy.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...9220&pageNum=1
well.....not everything.......I think I might need another one ......but alot of stuff fits in it...now im gonna get the attackments for the side that your radio gear and your starter box fits into..the top is real weet where the tools go also the drawers are water proof.....
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #7049
Tech Apprentice
 
antoine80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 94
Default Lexan

hi all! i am sending some pics of my new lexan i am looking forward to test it on tuesday in the circuit.. it is a mazda 6

antony
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-p5280064_sm.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-p5280067_sm.jpg  
antoine80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #7050
Tech Apprentice
 
antoine80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 94
Default RRR evo..

just a question on the new upper deck design. don't you think that on a side collision the receiver is going to break. i don't like the position of it, as i saw it in the pictures. also it doesn't have any protection, comparing with rrr that has a plastion protection for throtle servo on the side.

antony
antoine80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net