R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-27-2006, 08:54 PM   #6991
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma
shouldnt i just wait for the EVO to come out instead of purchasing the RRR right now?
It's really your decision. Some of us that already own RRRs may take some parts from the EVO, but the only really big deal is changing the servo from a laydown to upright position - and it will be interesting to hear what people have to say about it. If no one notices any difference in handling or throttle/brake performance, then there is no compelling reason to convert the servo to that position.

It's too bad that no one here knows Adrien Bertin. He is the only guy that I'm aware of that has driven the new car.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #6992
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
It's really your decision. Some of us that already own RRRs may take some parts from the EVO, but the only really big deal is changing the servo from a laydown to upright position - and it will be interesting to hear what people have to say about it. If no one notices any difference in handling or throttle/brake performance, then there is no compelling reason to convert the servo to that position.

It's too bad that no one here knows Adrien Bertin. He is the only guy that I'm aware of that has driven the new car.

I can tell you right now, the servo position will make no difference to the performance. We already tried it on my friends car. The reason to get the EVO or convert to it is the transmission durability of the new 2-speed shaft. What will affect the performace is the new rear diff covers and the new shocks which allow the use of a lot more different springs.

To be honest, I don't know why they called it an EVO. It should've just been a rolling change with maybe a price adjustment but nothing more. AE did that with their NTC3, why can't Kyosho?
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #6993
Tech Elite

It's an evolution of the RRR that they are coming out with, so the name EVO would logically be appropriate.

To sum up what's in the EVO we can se from the hobby show pics....

-Standup throttle servo
-2 speed layshaft
-new material spurs
-extra rear camber link holes
-new springs
-Evolva rear shock bodies

Am I missing something???

Dom
Old 05-27-2006, 09:13 PM   #6994
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I bit the bullet and ordered a WCE last week. Figured I would give GP onroad a try now that the racing has become more regular. What is necessary to get for the car to upgrade first or keep spares of? Are the SP belts that much better than the stock RRR belts cuz I'm just club racing and don't really want to be replacing belts every week like I used to when racing electric. Also do I need to run 0* or 2* offset rear wheels? If it's 2* is there anything that I can do or replace to use 0*? Have you guys had problems getting fuel on your receiver? I'm going to be using a Spektrum micro receiver and afraid of getting some on it and frying it during a pit stop. Other than that I can't wait to get the car built and start back racing. Got my EB Mods OS 12TZ 5port in. Sure looks purty. Can't wait for my car and the rest of my parts to come it.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #6995
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
It's an evolution of the RRR that they are coming out with, so the name EVO would logically be appropriate.

To sum up what's in the EVO we can se from the hobby show pics....

-Standup throttle servo
-2 speed layshaft
-new material spurs
-extra rear camber link holes
-new springs
-Evolva rear shock bodies

Am I missing something???

Dom
Must be Japanese Logic.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #6996
Tech Elite

Racing4Evo, you are driving a Japanese car.

Dom
Old 05-27-2006, 09:20 PM   #6997
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoSkyline17
I bit the bullet and ordered a WCE last week. Figured I would give GP onroad a try now that the racing has become more regular. What is necessary to get for the car to upgrade first or keep spares of? Are the SP belts that much better than the stock RRR belts cuz I'm just club racing and don't really want to be replacing belts every week like I used to when racing electric. Also do I need to run 0* or 2* offset rear wheels? If it's 2* is there anything that I can do or replace to use 0*? Have you guys had problems getting fuel on your receiver? I'm going to be using a Spektrum micro receiver and afraid of getting some on it and frying it during a pit stop. Other than that I can't wait to get the car built and start back racing. Got my EB Mods OS 12TZ 5port in. Sure looks purty. Can't wait for my car and the rest of my parts to come it.
SP belts already come with the WCE kit. If you want to run 0mm offset rear wheels, then get VSW007 so you can get the max track width with the 0mm offset wheels.

Dom
Old 05-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #6998
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoSkyline17
Have fun with the car!

Yes the SP belts are a lot better than the stock ones, to me at least and I am sure many others here will agree. Box stock, you have to use 2mm offset wheels in the rear to get stock trackwidth. I didn't have much of a problem with the receiver and fuel. It's far enough from the fuel tank opening to be semi-clear of fuel but I don't know if you have an overzealous pit guy or not.

What I always kept in my spares box when I had the car was a pulley set, rear outdrives (Skyline makes hardened ones along with other companies out there) , pinions, and rear hubs. These were the parts I was almost sure to either wear out or break during the course of a weekend.

I think a lot of people have upgraded to a thicker rear shock tower as well which is needed if you find your car rolling over a lot (i.e. traction roll). The rest of the parts are robust enough to withstand an occasional brush off the boards.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #6999
Tech Elite

Quote:
Racing4Evo, you are driving a Japanese car.

Dom

LOL!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #7000
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
LOL!
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

See that you are probably an F1 fan.... JB didn't do too well today.... but then my red team.... Michael...hmm.... let's not even talk about it!

Dom
Old 05-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #7001
Tech Elite

litespeed-dom

Are you going to the Nationals?
Old 05-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #7002
Tech Elite

Quote:
litespeed-dom

Are you going to the Nationals?
Nope, no $$$.

Dom
Old 05-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #7003
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

See that you are probably an F1 fan.... JB didn't do too well today.... but then my red team.... Michael...hmm.... let's not even talk about it!

Dom
Yeah, it's a Honda in my Avatar but it's Takuma Sato's car. My attention is on TS most of the time. Doh! I just remembered, I missed the replay of the Monaco GP qualifying.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #7004
Tech Elite

Default New paint scheme

Ok, 4 years later finally decide on a scheme I'll be running for summer AND winter from now on....

Just bored right now... sitting in front of computer suffering from a bad cold, raining, cold and miserable outside....

BTW, it's the updated 60mm hole!!!!

Dom
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5206.jpg  
Old 05-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #7005
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeah, it's a Honda in my Avatar but it's Takuma Sato's car. My attention is on TS most of the time. Doh! I just remembered, I missed the replay of the Monaco GP qualifying.

The guy can drive, it's really too bad he's stuck in that Super Best Friend car.... but at the very least, he's on the F1 grid!

Dom