R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-19-2004, 01:41 AM   #661
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to franknitty69 Send a message via Yahoo to franknitty69

do any of you guys use both the fw-05rr and the v-one rrr based on track (conditions, length, etc.) or is just purely preference that determines which one you use/have?

have the fw-05r. thinking of getting the v-one rrr too (after i master the fw of course)

thanks
franknitty69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:04 AM   #662
Tech Master

Default Re: BRCA 2005 rules

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
If you intend to race in the BRCA Nationals next year, the 2005 Rules Amendments for 235mm, Scale Rubber and 200mm Scale Touring classes is now available at 3hobby.com for download.

Where?

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:06 AM   #663
Tech Master

I have both and as soon as I get a chance i'll be putting them on the same track and comparing the times. I havent hada chance yet as I'm getting used to the RRR.

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 11-19-2004, 02:26 AM   #664
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: BRCA 2005 rules

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Where?
On the front page of the 3hobby site.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:12 AM   #665
Tech Master

Damn!!! I just cut a 60mm hole in the front screen!!!

No ABS? I have to switch it off?

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 11-19-2004, 04:48 AM   #666
Tech Elite

Quote:

Cheers
Oh dear Ziggy ... that's why, thanks to Bob, I posted the new rules asap. You're in the same boat as me ... well, nearly. I just finished making a Stratus with an extra hole for refuelling! Of course, now the rule says we can't have that.

The good news, if you can be positive about it, is that the Protoform Stratus 2.1 I have does NOT have the part number imprinted on the front right windscreen so I can't use it for the EUROs (if I manage to qualify) anyway. Can't use it for the nationals too because of the extra hole but I hope NiMo and AMCC allows me to use it for club racing.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:06 AM   #667
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Oh dear Ziggy ... that's why, thanks to Bob, I posted the new rules asap. You're in the same boat as me ... well, nearly. I just finished making a Stratus with an extra hole for refuelling! Of course, now the rule says we can't have that.

The good news, if you can be positive about it, is that the Protoform Stratus 2.1 I have does NOT have the part number imprinted on the front right windscreen so I can't use it for the EUROs (if I manage to qualify) anyway. Can't use it for the nationals too because of the extra hole but I hope NiMo and AMCC allows me to use it for club racing.
No disrespect to those who made these rules but it makes me wonder if the BRCA rules really did base on EFRA or did they just concocted those rules similar to the recent adhoc rules put up at certain recent local races here lately...

And where does one buy a BRCA homologated pipe? I smell money to be made here...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:23 AM   #668
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
No disrespect to those who made these rules but it makes me wonder if the BRCA rules really did base on EFRA or did they just concocted those rules similar to the recent adhoc rules put up at certain recent local races here lately...

And where does one buy a BRCA homologated pipe? I smell money to be made here...
D, I think Bob, as Chairman of the BRCA, does have a copy of the EFRA rule book. He went to the EFRA AGM recently.

The problem may be that some assistant just cut and paste here and there and replaced EFRA with BRCA. So, either I'll start a business making BRCA homologated pipes or I'll just assume that if my pipe has an EFRA stamp it is considered legal.

By the way, do you know if EFRA allows refuelling holes? IFMAR does and we saw that they all used that in the recent WC.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:45 AM   #669
Tech Master

I cant see why we donít do what the French always doin situations such as this. Make up the rules then completely ignore them

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 11-19-2004, 05:56 AM   #670
Tech Prophet

Quote:
By the way, do you know if EFRA allows refuelling holes? IFMAR does and we saw that they all used that in the recent WC.
I think yes. At least the copy of the EFRA 2002 rules (maybe a little outdated) that I have mentioned that the refuelling hole maximum diameter is 30.00mm.

EFRA AGM 2002 - 12 - 1:10 IC TRACK

EFRA RULES FOR 1/10TH I.C. 200MM CLASS

1. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

1.1 The class to be run will be the ď200mm TOURING CARĒ. 4-WD and 2-WD allowed.

Only a Single mechanical brake device.

1.2 Maximum 2 speed gearbox allowed.

1.3 All cars must have a de-clutching device and have an operating brake capable of stopping the car and holding the car motionless with the engine running.

1.4 Itís only permitted to use .12 engines. They shall be air-cooled, with front rotary valve, two-stroke induction. The engines may have a maximum of four (4) ports, including the exhaust port. No form of forced induction is allowed or any form of variable port timing. Only glow plug ignition is allowed. No holes in the piston and no additional holes in the liner. The maximum carburettor size is 5.50mm.

Standard and conical glow plugs allowed. The crankshaft hole shall have a maximum diameter of 7.00mm at its end. The hole can be finished with a continuous unbroken chamfer with a maximum width of 0.50mm if this is required for manufacturing purposes at the crank web end. (Crankshaft drawing equal to one on page 141 for the 1/10 IC Track Class)

1.5 Maximum engine capacity - .12 (2.11 cc) only.

1.6 Engine internal modifications are allowed as long as they are within the parameters of Rules 1.4 and

1.7 A muffler of approved double chamber design, including silencer chamber must be fitted having the following dimensions:

- Tail pipe maximum internal diameter * 05,20 mm.

- Tail pipe minimum length 10.00 mm. (measured from the outside of the pipe.) (Drawing to be fitted)

- The tail pipe must be oriented on or below the horizontal.

- This dimension includes a tolerance to account for manufacturing variations in commercially available tubing.

- The use of the INS box is mandatory.

- Maximum noise level of 82dB(A).

1.8 Minimum weight without fuel and transponder: 1700.00 grams. 1715.00 grams when built-in personal transponder is used.

1.9 Fuel tank capacity to be 75.00cc including all fuel tubing, filters, etc. No loose inserts allowed inside

1.10 Touring car (Sedan) style bodies, 2- and 4-door versions allowed as raced in International 2 litre Touring series. No GT or Sports car bodies allowed.

1.11 The front bumper must follow the body contour and must be constructed so as to minimise injury that may result from being hit by a car. The bumper must be made from foam rubber or a flexible plastic material.

1.12 The body must be made from a flexible material and be painted properly. All windows must remain clear or be semi-transparent.

1.13 Bodies are not to be cut above the lower bumper line at the front or the back or above the lower bottom line of the doors, Details of all front and rear lights, grills, air intakes and windows must be clearly contrasted from the surrounding paintwork.
Rear of the body may not be cut away higher than 45.00mm, measured with a 10.00mm spacer under the chassis plate.

1.14 Only the following AIR HOLES and sizes are permitted in the body shells:

- One (1) cooling hole may be cut in the front windscreen with a maximum dimension in any direction of 50.00mm.

- 20.00 mm maximum diameter hole in the roof for glow plug access.

- Both front side windows and the rear window can be removed for ventilation, except for the side rear windows which must remain intact.

- Re-fuelling hole maximum 30.00mm diameter,

- Small holes can be made for the transponder, carburettor adjustment and radio antenna, (Max. 10mm).

- The hole for the exhaust pipe must be of reasonable size.

- No other holes are permitted.

1.15 Roll-bars (roll-over bars) must be kept under the body.

1.16 No parts of the car, except the muffler outlet may protrude outside of the body shell when viewed from above.

1.17 Under body/chassis aerodynamic aids of any nature are not allowed,

1.18 GENERAL DIMENSIONS

MINIMUM (mm) MAXIMUM (mm)

- Wheelbase 230.00 270.00

- Width without body 170.00 200.00

- Width with body 175.00 205.00

- Length inc Body & wing 360.00 460.00

- Height to the top of the roof (measured with a 10mm spacer under the chassis plate on level) 120.00 175.00

- Wing width inclusive 125.00 200.00

- Wing chord 30.00 40.00

- Side Dams 25.00 x 40.00

- Wing overhang (at rear) 10.00

- Wheel dia. (excluding tyre bead) 46.00 50.00

- Wheel width (including tyre bead) and Tyre width (across side walls):

Front: 26.00 Rear: 30.00

1.19 One wing and one spoiler may be mounted to any car (if the original full-size car had more, it is allowed to do the same). Wing and spoiler must be made from a flexible material and be painted.
Wing and spoiler may not be fixed to body with piano wire.

Basically they must be mounted to the body directly. Wing and spoiler must not protrude outside the maximum height and width of the body (including the side dams). Rear wings must be mounted in the same place as was intended by the body manufacturer. The overhang must not exceed 10.00mm at the furthest point, to be measured from boot lid. Side dams may be fitted but must be a reasonable representation of those fitted to the original car, fit in a rectangle with the measurements defined, and must not project above the height of the roofline.

The height of the wing may be adjusted but the wing, including side dams must not extend higher than the roofline. Wings (excluding side dams) are to be of single moulded construction (no flat-packs/bend your Own). Gurney strip must not exceed the width of the wing and have an edge not more than 5.00mm high. Total cord of wing, plus the strip is 45.00mm.

1.20 WHEELS & TYRES:

- Foam and/or Rubber tyres can be used.

- Treatment of the tyres with additives is prohibited.

- Wheels must be fixed by a screw or nut.

- Quick - change wheel systems are not allowed.

- No automatic system to change the wheels allowed.

1.21 Fuel may only contain methanol (methyl alcohol), lubricating oil and a maximum of 16% nitro methane in volume. The specific gravity of the mixture may not be heavier than 0.87. An EFRA.
approved fuel tester, e.g. Nitromax 16 will be available to verify fuelís conformity to the rules at Technical Inspection.

1.22 The aerial must be flexible. Carbon, metal, etc. is not allowed.

1.23 Only two (2) servos are allowed.

1.24 Telemetry: It is not allowed to use any electronic device with the exception of:

- Two radio channels of the receiver, which will be used to operate steering, throttle & brakes.

- A passive data recording system to record functions of the car.

- A feedback recording or information system can only be used up to the end of controlled practice.

1.25 All measurements referred to in these rules are maximum or minimum values.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Racing format for ECís:

The general existing rules for qualifying will be modified to consider the decided racing format for this class that will be 4 heats of 5 minutes. Christmas tree system for lower finals and finals as usual.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:02 AM   #671
Tech Master

D gets todays "Biggest Post" Award......

Clap Clap Clap......

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 11-19-2004, 06:06 AM   #672
Tech Prophet

Quote:
D gets todays "Biggest Post" Award......

Clap Clap Clap......
Old 11-19-2004, 07:09 AM   #673
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I think yes. At least the copy of the EFRA 2002 rules (maybe a little outdated) that I have mentioned that the refuelling hole maximum diameter is 30.00mm.
That's what I thought ...
Old 11-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #674
Tech Master

Quote:

If I allow that extra hole, does it mean I won't have to keep lapping you?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #675
Tech Master

Quote:

Cheers
ABS and Traction controlled by the handset is allowed as it cannot be policed.
the rule applies to onboard electronic ABS and Traction systems.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote