R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-15-2006, 06:09 AM   #6586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones
Should the gears i have pointed to in this photo move side to side easilly or not
There should be a little float between the spur gear and 2nd gear bell. Probably less than a millimetre. Remember that the 1st gear spur never turns at the same speed as the 2nd gear so they shouldn't be forced together.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:26 AM   #6587
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones
Should the gears i have pointed to in this photo move side to side easilly or not i have pulled it apart time and time again and on my rr evo the dont move. the screw and washer that hold them in is tight have checked the manual it has all the parts needed on is this just normal or not thanks
Does the 1st gear move away from the 2nd gear or do they both move together back and forth? There should be very little movement between the gears. If they move together, you need to move the 2nd gear housing a little closer to the bulkhead.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:40 AM   #6588
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by esham
Soloartist, I mounted my engine mounting just like you did ( the 5th photo - posted before) until i had problem because the mounting move and damage my spur gear. I solve it by screwed it with taper washer. Just a suggestion.
thanks ESHAM
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:04 AM   #6589
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Be aware that if you do this you will be changing the roll center. Be careful, this can adversly affect the handling of the car.
Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. The distance collar is on top of the ball end. I have a 1.75mm shim onder the ball to come close to the kit set up link geomety. I'll see if I can post a picture, kind of hard to explain with words.
Later, Mike
Mike Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #6590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike is correct, it doesn't change the rollcenter at all (the optional bulkhead spec). Actually Mike came up with this idea for his and my car. Works great.

This optional rear bulkhead will change your rollcenter compare to stock to begin with. Why Mike came up with this idea is to get closest to stock spec as he can without the ball end binding up during suspension uptravel.

Mike, I'll snap a pic today and get it posted.

Dom
Old 05-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #6591
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Toinou

Hello,

Is it possible can you put of the cardan joints of Mugen Mtx3 or Mtx4 pins of the Cardan joints of Kyosho is too short blow that breaks nuts of diff, I must change them all the 2 races, it is shitting !!!

Thank you for your answers or solution to cure it.

@++
Toinou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #6592
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Mike is correct, it doesn't change the rollcenter at all (the optional bulkhead spec). Actually Mike came up with this idea for his and my car. Works great.

This optional rear bulkhead will change your rollcenter compare to stock to begin with. Why Mike came up with this idea is to get closest to stock spec as he can without the ball end binding up during suspension uptravel.

Mike, I'll snap a pic today and get it posted.

Dom
I would really like to see how you have it setup.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #6593
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toinou
Hello,

Is it possible can you put of the cardan joints of Mugen Mtx3 or Mtx4 pins of the Cardan joints of Kyosho is too short blow that breaks nuts of diff, I must change them all the 2 races, it is shitting !!!

Thank you for your answers or solution to cure it.

@++
I don't understand what a Cardan joint is. Can you post a picture or give a part number?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #6594
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Jim, my car is in pieces right now after Saturday race, I'm going over to Mike's right now, will bring the camera along.

Dom
Old 05-15-2006, 11:17 PM   #6595
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I don't understand what a Cardan joint is. Can you post a picture or give a part number?
Sorry for my bad english ...

If not is what it is possible to assemble the cardan of Mtx4 on the RRR ??

Thanks for your answers.

@++
Old 05-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #6596
Tech Elite

Sorry, but what is a cardan???

Dom
Old 05-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #6597
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I found this on Google.

Definition: Also known as a Hooke Joint, Universal Joint or U-Joint. I think it got lost in translation. The online translators aren't perfect.

Anyway to answer your question, no, it's not possible because the Mugen and the Kyosho use different bearings for the universal or cardan.

I'm not sure what your issue is but if it is durability, try some grease, such as AW Grease from Tamiya on the outdrive. It really cuts down wear. If it is not seated in the outdrive enough, you can add spacers to the oneway outdrive so it will extend out more from the front one way differential.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #6598
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Jim, here are the pics on Mike's car.

Notice how there is a metal tubing above between the ball and the screw head? As Mike said, he uses a JRX-S c-hub busing and drilled it out to fit the M3 screw. I used an XRAY T2 c-hub bushing on my car which is meant for a M3 screw already. That's the only difference between ours.

Notice how when the suspension is in full compression the ballend does not get binded up by the screw head because it is now elevated.

I hope the pics help explained Mike's post.

Dom
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5183.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5185.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5187.jpg  
Old 05-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #6599
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I found this on Google.

Definition: Also known as a Hooke Joint, Universal Joint or U-Joint. I think it got lost in translation. The online translators aren't perfect.

Anyway to answer your question, no, it's not possible because the Mugen and the Kyosho use different bearings for the universal or cardan.

I'm not sure what your issue is but if it is durability, try some grease, such as AW Grease from Tamiya on the outdrive. It really cuts down wear. If it is not seated in the outdrive enough, you can add spacers to the oneway outdrive so it will extend out more from the front one way differential.
Yeess !! Thank you for your reply.

I use white Kyosho grease which I puts above. It is the same one as Tamiya ? Have a reference so that I order this Tamiya grease ?

@++
Old 05-15-2006, 11:47 PM   #6600
Tech Elite

This is what Racing4Evo was talking about. You can see the part# 53439 on the pic.

Dom