R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #6316
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
I want to try a Sirio Evo Sti for our region Champ 4 race does anyone know where I can find one

thanks in advance
Robert
don't your LHS able to order for you ?
Old 05-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #6317
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
don't your LHS able to order for you ?
I doubt they are available in the states yet.....
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #6318
Tech Master

Air Filter cleaning technique:

One or two sprays of Simple Green (with base of filter facing up), massage through the filter, then rinse through hole with warm water. The reason I do this is because it is easier to dislodge dirt the same route it came in, and you don't want dirt falling into the base.

Dirt probably gets pushed into the base from the massage, but it makes me feel better.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #6319
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Mark,

You have to save where you can right mate I do exactly the same except I use carb cleaner same thing Havent heard from you in a while hope everything is well....take care
Right-on Robert I'm a cheap-skate by nature

I was out of action for quite a while due to chicken-pox, but I'm over it now.

Had my first race of the year last weekend. It was both good and bad. I need to learn to setup my RRR a little better, but this is just a matter of learning.
Saturday was wet and in qualifying I spun out into the grass when my car went into snap-oversteer as I lifted off the throttle - this left me in P4, but without the mistake I would have been P2 three seconds down on Il Diablo (Christoph Pietsch).
Sunday was dry and without any free practice it was into the second qualifying session (two runs). The track was still a bit damp in the first session, so no times would count to the final order. In the second, the track was dry and seemed to have good traction. I had to go with a hit-and-hope setup. Right at the start of the my run, I spun out again at exactly the same point on the circuit for exactly the same reason as on Saturday - snap-oversteer
After that I drove as hard and fast as I could and was able to qualify in P7, it would have been P4 without the spin - but that's racing.

In the races here, the fastest four from qualifying go directly into the main final. Being P7, I had to start in the A Semi-Final from P2. The car was a little difficult to drive at first with the large tyres, but after 5 minutes, I was flying.
At 9 mins 30 my engine cut out - somehow I had run out of fuel!!! My pit guy grabbed my stranded car and got it back to the pits, but upon restarting the car, the first gear spur stripped It just wasn't my day!!!

I was dissapointed not to have got into the main final, but the car had shown its speed - I was much closer to where the action was as I was last year. I love this car

This weekend, I'm testing a couple of setup changes, to see if I can eliminate the snap-oversteer off-throttle.

Here's a pic from my local circuit:
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #6320
Tech Elite

Mark - Nice paint job and photo!. Really like the stripe with the V-ONE and Kyosho logo on it.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #6321
Tech Elite

Thanks I always keep my paint job simple, as I hate to paint bodyshells Orange is this years colour
Old 05-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #6322
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
regarding about the air filter.... how your guy do the cleaning and re-use after that.....or just simply replace a brand new one ?
Most of the Nitro books and magazines say to use Nitro fuel. Just squeeze some from your fuel bottle from the inside out - at $25/gallon. I just buy a new one.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #6323
Tech Elite

You have to be careful with fuel - here in Germany it is generally ok, as we use only 16% nitro, but when I was at the Winternats in 2004, the 30% nitro fuel disolved my filter Also it burns your hands especially if you have any cuts.
Brake cleaner is cheaper for me and less messy.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #6324
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Thanks I always keep my paint job simple, as I hate to paint bodyshells Orange is this years colour
Isn't that the truth. I used to spend so much time on masking them off, trimming, etc. In 2000 I bought an airbrush for models and paintjobs...Never used it. My first Mazda 6 body had all this time put into it, within 15 minutes of racing it was destroyed. That was the last time I masked a body off other than windows.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #6325
Tech Elite

Even though I just put a strip of masking tape on the side whilst painting the shell orange and then go over with white, it still takes me a good four to five hours to do a shell!! I need to find someone who'll do my painting for me
Old 05-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #6326
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Even though I just put a strip of masking tape on the side whilst painting the shell orange and then go over with white, it still takes me a good four to five hours to do a shell!! I need to find someone who'll do my painting for me
It's not just the painting... it's the trimming as well. What a pain!

It looks good, I think I'll copy that.

What tires are those? Looks like Ellegi's in white.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #6327
Tech Apprentice

They are normal Serpent rims, Enneti, Ellegi and Twister are just some who uses them. The rims don't say wich tyres are used.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:07 PM   #6328
Tech Elite

Jag, I'll send you my copyright notice on my paint-job

The tyres are Ennetis - seem to work really well with the RRR, I find them better than the New Arrows which I used to use.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #6329
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Jag, I'll send you my copyright notice on my paint-job

The tyres are Ennetis - seem to work really well with the RRR, I find them better than the New Arrows which I used to use.

Cheers, Mark.
That copyright won't be valid over here.

Are you using 2mm offset in the rear? I just got my set of universals (VSW007?) so I will be changing to the new Serpent wheel with the Jaco foam. Have you seen those yet? Looks just like yours except yellow.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #6330
Tech Elite

Dang - better get a copyright notice filed in Florida then

I haven't seen those Jaco wheels, but I have the Ellegi versions - the Enneti Rims are supposed to be the same offset at the Serpent Rims (i.e. 0mm), but seem to be +0.5mm to me - my car is 199mm with the Serpent rims and 200mm with the Ennetis. Although the rims look visually identical to the Serpent ones, they are different.

Cheers, Mark.