Kyosho v-one rrr

Reply

Old 05-01-2006, 08:50 AM
  #6256  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,742
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

My question is that has anyone had a chassis 'tweaked' from the factory? My chassis is bowed very very very slightly.
performula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:56 AM
  #6257  
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,396
Default pract.

had a good practice at REV. yestarday A few of us LV guys went down for test & tune great day all the way around track was great look foward to doing it again in 2 weeks keep your eyes open we are hitting a track near you.
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:18 AM
  #6258  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kyosho3PKRacer
With the K-Factory chassis, so far it's working really well, just been in a big event here and checked for any tweaks in it after and it is still dead straight.
From a driving/handling perspective, what would you say is the primary difference between this chassis and the stock one? Have you tried the Kyosho Shimo chassis? What do you think of that one?

Thanks!
rmdhawaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:24 AM
  #6259  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
had a good practice at REV. yestarday A few of us LV guys went down for test & tune great day all the way around track was great look foward to doing it again in 2 weeks keep your eyes open we are hitting a track near you.
Please be sure to keep track of your lap times and how you do relative to your buddies. Once you add the UE parts, it would be good to note if you see an improvement. Also, let me know what your setup is. Are any of the other guys running V1RRR WCE? That would be great if they are. Hmmm.. Maybe the preliminary shopping list will be ready earlier than expected...
rmdhawaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
  #6260  
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

Originally Posted by performula
My question is that has anyone had a chassis 'tweaked' from the factory? My chassis is bowed very very very slightly.
i have been through 3 kits and built 2 others for friends and have never seen a bent chassis.

check the chassis on both sides
dougday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:09 AM
  #6261  
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,396
Default v1 wce

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Please be sure to keep track of your lap times and how you do relative to your buddies. Once you add the UE parts, it would be good to note if you see an improvement. Also, let me know what your setup is. Are any of the other guys running V1RRR WCE? That would be great if they are. Hmmm.. Maybe the preliminary shopping list will be ready earlier than expected...
2 of us are running it & two are running tx4 so we got a little comp. to deal with along with pro series & sedan nats comming up i will keep you informed
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 AM
  #6262  
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,396
Default chassis

may be in the market to get a chassis wich one shimo or K- factory oh yeah price also

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 05-01-2006 at 11:11 AM. Reason: hmm
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:15 AM
  #6263  
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by performula
My question is that has anyone had a chassis 'tweaked' from the factory? My chassis is bowed very very very slightly.
Is it bowed after you built it or is the chassis itself tweaked?
jag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:57 AM
  #6264  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
may be in the market to get a chassis wich one shimo or K- factory oh yeah price also
Shimo is ~ $80, K Factory ~ $109. Can't say which one is the better chassis from a driving/handling perspective. Anyone else?
rmdhawaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
  #6265  
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Shimo chassis is the way to go. Never tweaked it. 3-racing chassis, it'll bow on you. Trust me. Went back to the Shimo twice after testing 2 other chassis. Same thing with my FWs, always went back to the Shimos. Kyosho duraluminum is top notch. Don't bother with the others. I take that back. I do like the quality of an old V-one Kawahara chassis. They didn't have Shimo racing back then.
kidDynomite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 PM
  #6266  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Shimo chassis is the way to go. Never tweaked it. 3-racing chassis, it'll bow on you. Trust me. Went back to the Shimo twice after testing 2 other chassis. Same thing with my FWs, always went back to the Shimos. Kyosho duraluminum is top notch. Don't bother with the others. I take that back. I do like the quality of an old V-one Kawahara chassis. They didn't have Shimo racing back then.
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-01-2006 at 01:42 PM.
rmdhawaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:45 PM
  #6267  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,742
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dougday
i have been through 3 kits and built 2 others for friends and have never seen a bent chassis.

check the chassis on both sides
I must be lucky. I checked both sides. When I set the chassis the way it will be, built, the chassis has a bow up.

Originally Posted by jag
Is it bowed after you built it or is the chassis itself tweaked?
The first thing I did was open the kit and throw the chassis on the Hudy board. Usually the first thing I check.

A Rep at Kyosho said that it would straighten out once the kit was put together. As much as I don't believe this statement, he said that I could send it in. My only issue is that I would like to race this weekend.

Will the chassis straighten out? I guess I could build it, try to adjust the bow from the upper deck mounts (loosen screws, push down evenly through the front and rear bulkheads, have another person tighten the screws), and put it on a flat surface again or use the tweak station. What a bummer.

Last edited by performula; 05-01-2006 at 05:24 PM.
performula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
  #6268  
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,396
Default chassis

thanks team its settled ill get the shimo chassis LOOK OUT SEDAN NATS here i come
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 PM
  #6269  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I have the option SP chassis VZW214 Genuine Kyosho Parts 7075 Gunmettallic color
it's much stiffer, the window for the battery becomes enclosed,
Team Kamikaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:25 PM
  #6270  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,742
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm so upset about the chassis I quit building. No one seems to have the stock chassis. The least I could do is get a chassis to hold me off until the defective part is replaced.
performula is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service