R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #6256
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My question is that has anyone had a chassis 'tweaked' from the factory? My chassis is bowed very very very slightly.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:56 AM   #6257
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default pract.

had a good practice at REV. yestarday A few of us LV guys went down for test & tune great day all the way around track was great look foward to doing it again in 2 weeks keep your eyes open we are hitting a track near you.
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #6258
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosho3PKRacer
With the K-Factory chassis, so far it's working really well, just been in a big event here and checked for any tweaks in it after and it is still dead straight.
From a driving/handling perspective, what would you say is the primary difference between this chassis and the stock one? Have you tried the Kyosho Shimo chassis? What do you think of that one?

Thanks!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #6259
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
had a good practice at REV. yestarday A few of us LV guys went down for test & tune great day all the way around track was great look foward to doing it again in 2 weeks keep your eyes open we are hitting a track near you.
Please be sure to keep track of your lap times and how you do relative to your buddies. Once you add the UE parts, it would be good to note if you see an improvement. Also, let me know what your setup is. Are any of the other guys running V1RRR WCE? That would be great if they are. Hmmm.. Maybe the preliminary shopping list will be ready earlier than expected...
Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #6260
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula
My question is that has anyone had a chassis 'tweaked' from the factory? My chassis is bowed very very very slightly.
i have been through 3 kits and built 2 others for friends and have never seen a bent chassis.

check the chassis on both sides
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #6261
Tech Elite

Default v1 wce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Please be sure to keep track of your lap times and how you do relative to your buddies. Once you add the UE parts, it would be good to note if you see an improvement. Also, let me know what your setup is. Are any of the other guys running V1RRR WCE? That would be great if they are. Hmmm.. Maybe the preliminary shopping list will be ready earlier than expected...
2 of us are running it & two are running tx4 so we got a little comp. to deal with along with pro series & sedan nats comming up i will keep you informed
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #6262
Tech Elite

Default chassis

may be in the market to get a chassis wich one shimo or K- factory oh yeah price also

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 05-01-2006 at 11:11 AM. Reason: hmm
Old 05-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #6263
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula
Is it bowed after you built it or is the chassis itself tweaked?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #6264
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
may be in the market to get a chassis wich one shimo or K- factory oh yeah price also
Shimo is ~ $80, K Factory ~ $109. Can't say which one is the better chassis from a driving/handling perspective. Anyone else?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #6265
Tech Fanatic

Shimo chassis is the way to go. Never tweaked it. 3-racing chassis, it'll bow on you. Trust me. Went back to the Shimo twice after testing 2 other chassis. Same thing with my FWs, always went back to the Shimos. Kyosho duraluminum is top notch. Don't bother with the others. I take that back. I do like the quality of an old V-one Kawahara chassis. They didn't have Shimo racing back then.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #6266
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Shimo chassis is the way to go. Never tweaked it. 3-racing chassis, it'll bow on you. Trust me. Went back to the Shimo twice after testing 2 other chassis. Same thing with my FWs, always went back to the Shimos. Kyosho duraluminum is top notch. Don't bother with the others. I take that back. I do like the quality of an old V-one Kawahara chassis. They didn't have Shimo racing back then.
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-01-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #6267
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougday
i have been through 3 kits and built 2 others for friends and have never seen a bent chassis.

check the chassis on both sides
I must be lucky. I checked both sides. When I set the chassis the way it will be, built, the chassis has a bow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Is it bowed after you built it or is the chassis itself tweaked?
The first thing I did was open the kit and throw the chassis on the Hudy board. Usually the first thing I check.

A Rep at Kyosho said that it would straighten out once the kit was put together. As much as I don't believe this statement, he said that I could send it in. My only issue is that I would like to race this weekend.

Will the chassis straighten out? I guess I could build it, try to adjust the bow from the upper deck mounts (loosen screws, push down evenly through the front and rear bulkheads, have another person tighten the screws), and put it on a flat surface again or use the tweak station. What a bummer.

Last edited by performula; 05-01-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #6268
Tech Elite

Default chassis

thanks team its settled ill get the shimo chassis LOOK OUT SEDAN NATS here i come

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #6269
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the option SP chassis VZW214 Genuine Kyosho Parts 7075 Gunmettallic color
it's much stiffer, the window for the battery becomes enclosed,
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #6270
Tech Master

I'm so upset about the chassis I quit building. No one seems to have the stock chassis. The least I could do is get a chassis to hold me off until the defective part is replaced.