R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #6136
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNSlow2
What? That makes it longer!

Ok, just so you all know I am not looking for a fight here, it's Friday night, I'm home watching hockey and reading the "net". Plus I am Old and Slow so I tend to study these things, plus it is what I do for a living.

I will say this one last time. If you lower the upper arm on the inside you will raise the roll center, and increase camber gain. A shorter upper link will cause a more rapid change in camber gain. Please go back and look at the Cauley picture and imagine the upper link on a steep angle down then connect all the lines to this new instant center. The roll center will be higher. I just did it again myself to make sure.

Ain't this fun?
I have to apologise and admit I was wrong. I dont have any excuses other than the few I had to drink. Just moving to the inside hole does raise the roll center but moving to the inside and increasing the length of the arm to keep the same camber lowers it.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #6137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, everyone has their own opinions. I wish I had the knowledge to know myself. Honestly, I have never raced on the track, but I visited their races today. Similar to the gearing opinions, the people there have mixed opinions on traction. A main guy says kind of low/medium two others say "such a high bite".

Anyway, RDHawaii, I couldn't tell you. They DO have two nitro classes. Tomorrow I will be ordering the WCE and was hoping box stock would work on this track. (slightly bumpy - just a tad, medium traction, small track) Some guys run 40/37 and 37/35 to me that sounds like a medium traction track to me if this can be judged by tires and current temp. I have about 40 hours track time, 15 hours with an R40, and 25 hours with an MTX3. Still learning.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #6138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

if the traction is low ... swap the springs around back to fornt togive you more steering on that track
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:55 AM   #6139
Tech Elite

Changing the rear diff oil - WIP.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-dsc05597.jpg  
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:35 AM   #6140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
How does this work with the new alum rear mount? You can mount the link in the 3 different positions as well as using the 2mm washer. The instructions say to mount it in the hole closest to the wheel with the spacer.
Sounds to me, like this will mimick the stock set-up with the original parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
This makes the link short and the angle steep. What condition is this setup best for?
Basically, a high bite set-up.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #6141
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
if the traction is low ... swap the springs around back to fornt togive you more steering on that track
what about spring length? on nitro cars the fronts are shorter
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:49 AM   #6142
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChild
what about spring length? on nitro cars the fronts are shorter
V one RRR Rear Spring(4-1.6mm) - Black #VZ073-4016.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 04-24-2006, 07:53 AM   #6143
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I lost the thin black O-ring that goes on the rear differential to make sure it doesn't leak. Do I have to purchase another one, or does anyone have a remedy to prevent the Diff. oil from leaking out, without an O-ring???

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #6144
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Sounds to me, like this will mimick the stock set-up with the original parts.

Basically, a high bite set-up.
Thanks.
That's what I thought.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:00 AM   #6145
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Thanks.
That's what I thought.
Glad I could help.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #6146
Tech Addict

i dont know if this question has been asked before but whats the difference between the black shock diaphragm(w6006) and the whit diaphragm(w6007)
thanks in advance
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:09 AM   #6147
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
i dont know if this question has been asked before but whats the difference between the black shock diaphragm(w6006) and the whit diaphragm(w6007)
thanks in advance
I'm not certain, but it seems to be just a difference in color. The names for them are the same with color as the only noticeable change. Maybe, someone here knows for sure?

Old 04-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #6148
Tech Fanatic

Default Spring Rate Chart

Here's what I have laminated in my tackle box and set-up binder. It's a spring rate chart that I believe is still current. I highlight the springs I have (yellow for fronts and green for rears) for quick referencing. If you can't dial it in on race day, this will also help you figure out what your competition is using... minus the piston and oil wt they are using.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-springrate_revised.gif  
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #6149
Tech Regular

Default 2nd gear problems

Hey guys,

I just ran my WCE car for the first time at Cinci yesterday and had a blast except for the fact that I stripped 2 second gear spur gears. Both of them lasted approximately 20-30 minutes run time before shaving themselves smooth. The gear mesh was set correctly as far as I can tell, and I didn't have a problem at all with 1st gear. Any ideas on what could have caused this?
psbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #6150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
I lost the thin black O-ring that goes on the rear differential to make sure it doesn't leak. Do I have to purchase another one, or does anyone have a remedy to prevent the Diff. oil from leaking out, without an O-ring???
I used Permatex RTV Silicone Gasket Maker to seal my rear diff and it hasn't leaked since. The only thing is, you have to be neat about it.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote