Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-20-2006, 11:47 AM   #6061
Tech Regular

V1RRR Ultimate Edition

That should be good
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #6062
Tech Adept

what does that give you if you move your camber links to the inside hole in the rear
Old 04-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #6063
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Hey dood, try this? The last I read from someone's post in the MTX-4 thread, Mugen USA no longer handles Kawahara...

Well, the link did work and I ordered the part. It didn't say the part was on back order so we will see. I was told by RC Champ that it was out of stock from Kawahara. I hope they have one in stock.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #6064
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Kyosho V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition thread is up! Thanks for the support!
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:19 PM   #6065
Tech Adept

Default battery installation on the upgraded chassis

Hello all,
I am waiting the upgraded chassis for the RRR and I wonder what is the optimal way to install the battery. Since this chassis does not have the "hole" for the battery plate, I suppose I have to install the battery directly onto the chassis. I thought the "glass" tape, which is used in the electric cars to hold the batteries but I am afraid of the fuel and the battery is under the tank. I am also thinking silicon. What do you recommend? Thanks
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #6066
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello all,
I am waiting the upgraded chassis for the RRR and I wonder what is the optimal way to install the battery. Since this chassis does not have the "hole" for the battery plate, I suppose I have to install the battery directly onto the chassis. I thought the "glass" tape, which is used in the electric cars to hold the batteries but I am afraid of the fuel and the battery is under the tank. I am also thinking silicon. What do you recommend? Thanks
The glass tape for electric cars works fine. Just make sure you tape it tight and go around it 10 times or so. The fuel will wear out the adhesive slowly over time but by then it should be time for you to take the car apart and clean anyway.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #6067
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The glass tape for electric cars works fine. Just make sure you tape it tight and go around it 10 times or so. The fuel will wear out the adhesive slowly over time but by then it should be time for you to take the car apart and clean anyway.
I was wondering the same thing. It looks like it would be quite difficult to wrap strapping tape around the battery 10 times as you cannot feed the roll thru the slot. When taping batteries into my 1/12 I only wrap the tape once. Do you think a combination of tape (2 or 3 wraps) along with some shoe goo would hold it?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #6068
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviltires
what does that give you if you move your camber links to the inside hole in the rear
I think it changes the roll center but I don't know if it raises it or lowers it.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #6069
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I was wondering the same thing. It looks like it would be quite difficult to wrap strapping tape around the battery 10 times as you cannot feed the roll thru the slot. When taping batteries into my 1/12 I only wrap the tape once. Do you think a combination of tape (2 or 3 wraps) along with some shoe goo would hold it?
The holes are big enough for it. Just keep going until it's even with the chassis. I also use double sided tape as it comes with the chassis.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #6070
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviltires
it will allow the rear to roll more therefore giving you more traction at the rear
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #6071
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey Jag, will the steel pinion would wear out the spur faster then the stock alum one ?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:43 AM   #6072
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
hey Jag, will the steel pinion would wear out the spur faster then the stock alum one ?
You would think so but in fact I have experienced the opposite. The steel pinions do not get sharp edges so they do not wear the spurs.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:31 AM   #6073
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
it will allow the rear to roll more therefore giving you more traction at the rear
It does lower the roll center but on a track producing no grip it wont add any traction. Total opposite.

With tracks that arent producing grip you need to go back to rubber touring basics and raise the roll center and stand the shocks up to get grip.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:47 AM   #6074
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Instead of the double sidded tape, I am going to use shoe-goo. I don't think the fuel will attack it.? That is if it ever showes up.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:48 AM   #6075
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris Europe
It does lower the roll center but on a track producing no grip it wont add any traction. Total opposite.
A longer link will always give more traction. As long as you don't reduce the camber angle, there will be an increase in grip. A matter of leverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris Europe
With tracks that arent producing grip you need to go back to rubber touring basics and raise the roll center and stand the shocks up to get grip.
Standing the shocks up by moving the lower mount to an inner hole on the arm, not on the shock tower. Again, a matter of leverage.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote