R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #6046
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Clark
I used 2mm front and 2mm rear "over ride height" this past weekend worked pretty well...
thanks pat. are you going to horsham this weekend for that big race?
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #6047
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
If I understand your question correctly, it's pretty much whatever provides the best performance, irrespective of where the part is from (i.e. Skyline rear shock stay and tuned pipe, Boca Bearings, throttle mixing arm from 3Racing, Kawahara blade sway bar, etc.)
Also get the 3Racing solid Axis. I find this is a must for me. But, might be everyone.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #6048
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I know I would like to know the answer to that question. I just purchased a second hand WC and would greatly appreciate some help. The track I am going to race at is pretty large (301 raceway check thread in racing forum) and I would love some help with a starting set-up and what kinda stuff could make the car handle better.

My plan is to get the OS TZ 5 port and it came with a used skyline pipe. Mileage is an issue for racers at the track as well as it has been said either bring HP or stay home.

What does the mixing arm do from 3racing. Also who carries parts and hop-ups for these things. I probably wont need many spares since alot were included but I would like to possibly get a new/upgrade chassis. I would also like to know about other possible motors that would be fast and fuel efficient.

There will be some pretty good competition at this track and I would like to make the V1RRR look good.

I think this is the he is talking about
http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info.php/products_id/105
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #6049
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Then this should be easy.

Of course I mean the hop-ups/upgrades/options!!??

So are you already driving the UE around or do you have a few more things on the shopping list?
Of course you meant that, I'm answering indirectly to Jag's question...

Neah, I'm not that loaded to have get my WCE hop-uped to "UE" yet... It's a wish list tho... But to be honest, the WCE IS really already a gem out-of-box, it's already pretty much hop-uped with the essential "performance" parts; there is only a minimal few hop-ups away to the UE specs in my opinion, most are only for looks.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #6050
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I know I would like to know the answer to that question. I just purchased a second hand WC and would greatly appreciate some help. The track I am going to race at is pretty large (301 raceway check thread in racing forum) and I would love some help with a starting set-up and what kinda stuff could make the car handle better.

My plan is to get the OS TZ 5 port and it came with a used skyline pipe. Mileage is an issue for racers at the track as well as it has been said either bring HP or stay home.

What does the mixing arm do from 3racing. Also who carries parts and hop-ups for these things. I probably wont need many spares since alot were included but I would like to possibly get a new/upgrade chassis. I would also like to know about other possible motors that would be fast and fuel efficient.

There will be some pretty good competition at this track and I would like to make the V1RRR look good.
On getting a starting setup, the WCE V2 Setting Data sheet is a good one to follow, I would change the front black springs to front silver springs.

I personally think that the 3Racing throttle mixing arm is just for looks, the stock one does the same job as well. Chassis wise, do not go for the 4mm ones, the car does not perform as well with a thicker/more rigid chassis, stick with 3mm, or the optional Kyosho SP chassis.

On a fast and fuel efficient engine, the JP FX12 T03 is WICKED if the price is not a problem. A buddy of mine runs one, SOLID power, and u can easily get a 8-minute refuel window. Besides that, I would highly recommend the Palmaris too, I'm currently using the BRB p/s, brilliant power for a 3-port.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:48 AM   #6051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Welcome! I can't stop grinning when I saw your avatar, is the PCK show on-going still?
nah....the season show had ended quite sometime ago, but theres a TV advertisment now showing going to Malaysia buying durian leh... then kana Jam in the SG/ Malaysia causeway ...
Old 04-20-2006, 03:37 AM   #6052
Tech Elite

rmdhawaii and tommi - So do we have some kind of specification for UE version already. What do you have in the list?
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:16 AM   #6053
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by esham
rmdhawaii and tommi - So do we have some kind of specification for UE version already. What do you have in the list?
Sorry, I don't have anything yet. At this point, I'm just trying to get through the forum (currently on page 150, post #4531) and get the V1RRR Knowledge Base up and running by this weekend. Then I need to spend a few nights working on my engine and car for the next race. Then I need to get back to working on the Web site, which includes going through all the posts in the forum a second time (OMG! Not again! ).

Unless someone beats me to it, I won't start working on the UE spec until some time in May. Once I come up with a UE spec (draft version 0.1), I'm sure there is going to be quite a bit of debate as to what parts/setup provides the best performance and durability. Then, a few people need to actually try it out and validate it. No sense coming up with a spec if it's just going to be theoretical. At this point, I can't even guarantee that anyone else wants to even work on it. Some people think the WCE is good enough "as is". The whole point of the UE spec is to make it even better.

A UE spec will be published, it just needs to be put together, tested and revised several times. Even with a final version 1.0, I would expect that it would have to go through a lot more testing and revision before people could actually rely on it.

If I had an unlimited budget (within reason of course), 7 other guys and a tour bus, I'm sure we could crank it out by the end of May. Anybody got that kind of time or money?

BTW: The one thing that I didn't mention above was durability, which needs to be part of the UE spec as well. For longer races, durability is certainly paramount. Gears, brakes, out drives, etc.. all seem prone to some type of failure during a race if you don't have the best possible parts. Same thing with a crash. You are more likely to continue a race if you have the most durable hinge pins, pivot balls, shock stay, etc...
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:34 AM   #6054
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Hey dood, try this? The last I read from someone's post in the MTX-4 thread, Mugen USA no longer handles Kawahara...

I couldn't get the link to work. Is it for the anti roll bar? I have had no luck at all so far. I already called Mugen, Kyosho, etc... nothing.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #6055
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have anything yet. At this point, I'm just trying to get through the forum (currently on page 150, post #4531) and get the V1RRR Knowledge Base up and running by this weekend. Then I need to spend a few nights working on my engine and car for the next race. Then I need to get back to working on the Web site, which includes going through all the posts in the forum a second time (OMG! Not again! ).

Unless someone beats me to it, I won't start working on the UE spec until some time in May. Once I come up with a UE spec (draft version 0.1), I'm sure there is going to be quite a bit of debate as to what parts/setup provides the best performance and durability. Then, a few people need to actually try it out and validate it. No sense coming up with a spec if it's just going to be theoretical. At this point, I can't even guarantee that anyone else wants to even work on it. Some people think the WCE is good enough "as is". The whole point of the UE spec is to make it even better.

A UE spec will be published, it just needs to be put together, tested and revised several times. Even with a final version 1.0, I would expect that it would have to go through a lot more testing and revision before people could actually rely on it.

If I had an unlimited budget (within reason of course), 7 other guys and a tour bus, I'm sure we could crank it out by the end of May. Anybody got that kind of time or money?

BTW: The one thing that I didn't mention above was durability, which needs to be part of the UE spec as well. For longer races, durability is certainly paramount. Gears, brakes, out drives, etc.. all seem prone to some type of failure during a race if you don't have the best possible parts. Same thing with a crash. You are more likely to continue a race if you have the most durable hinge pins, pivot balls, shock stay, etc...
Do you want us to start feeding you our thoughts here in this thread or should we start a new one for just the UE spec? I have a few items that I have been using (probably several others are as well) and can give an opinion.

BTW, I have one of the SP chassis coming. Now if I could just find that damn sway bar.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #6056
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Do you want us to start feeding you our thoughts here in this thread or should we start a new one for just the UE spec? I have a few items that I have been using (probably several others are as well) and can give an opinion.
Creating a seperate thread is a great idea. I think we just need some concensus on what to call it. If everyone's okay with Ultimate Edition, we can go with that. Otherwise, I'm open to other suggestions.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #6057
B4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Creating a seperate thread is a great idea. I think we just need some concensus on what to call it. If everyone's okay with Ultimate Edition, we can go with that. Otherwise, I'm open to other suggestions.
Agreed!!!!!
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #6058
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default site

Quote:
you seem to be working hard at this site cant wait for the finnished product
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #6059
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default race

LV gp lots of good competition at this race it will be good real good
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #6060
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
So as to not confuse people with other brands of cars maybe we should include Kyosho, RRR or something like that with Ultimate Edition.

Just a thought.