Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2006, 03:17 AM   #6031
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
How about Ball bearing ??
What kind/brand is recommended ?
Trinity bearing lube for the bearings, Mugen Super Grease for the thrust bearing.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 AM   #6032
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo46
i have also a little problem with my rear swaybar, it sits on the rear upper arm, whill it have any effect on the swalbar when i make the rods shorter?
It should not sit ON the upper arm... Make sure you follow the instructions from the manual, the rod should measure 8mm in length on the exposed thread of the adjustable rod. I had mine adjusted to 7.6, if the rod is too long, the antiroll effect of the antiroll bar will be somehow hindered. It's best to make sure that the bar sits almost horizontally to permit free movement.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:36 AM   #6033
Tech Addict

whats a good titanium or stainless steel screw kit to buy for a rrr ???
i know you can get one from rcscrewz
are their any others ?
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:49 AM   #6034
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Trinity bearing lube for the bearings, Mugen Super Grease for the thrust bearing.
weeeee............tq
Old 04-19-2006, 07:00 AM   #6035
Tech Elite

Default V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE)

As I'm going through the the Forum (currently on page 109) I'm starting to see what I would label as the V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE) - pretty much the most optimal configuration that anyone owning a V-ONE RRR could ever build. I know of course, that track/race day conditions may warrant a slightly different configuration, but for the most part, this would be the killer car that everyone else would try to beat - including other V-ONE RRR owners.

On top of the V-ONE RRR UE, I would think that it would be possible to put together the V-ONE RRR UE Race Package, which would include all the other items someone would need to have handy on race day based on track/race day conditions. i.e. one-way, front/rear gear diff with different weight oil, extra clutch bells with gears, springs, shocks with different weights, etc. etc.

Now that the MTX-4 is out (ProSpec on the way, I'm sure) and a new Serpent is just around the corner, it would be good if we could put our heads together to ensure that all the V-ONE RRR racers stay out front.

What do you think??
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 AM   #6036
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
As I'm going through the the Forum (currently on page 109) I'm starting to see what I would label as the V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE) - pretty much the most optimal configuration that anyone owning a V-ONE RRR could ever build. I know of course, that track/race day conditions may warrant a slightly different configuration, but for the most part, this would be the killer car that everyone else would try to beat - including other V-ONE RRR owners.

On top of the V-ONE RRR UE, I would think that it would be possible to put together the V-ONE RRR UE Race Package, which would include all the other items someone would need to have handy on race day based on track/race day conditions. i.e. one-way, front/rear gear diff with different weight oil, extra clutch bells with gears, springs, shocks with different weights, etc. etc.

Now that the MTX-4 is out (ProSpec on the way, I'm sure) and a new Serpent is just around the corner, it would be good if we could put our heads together to ensure that all the V-ONE RRR racers stay out front.

What do you think??
Are you talking more about upgrades, options or both?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #6037
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
whats a good titanium or stainless steel screw kit to buy for a rrr ???
i know you can get one from rcscrewz
are their any others ?
U can check out the available dimensions from the SpeedMind's, I myself might gonna look for some later, but I don't have the time to go through the matching dimensions. If you're kind enough, let me know which of those matches the ones needed on the RRR.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #6038
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
weeeee............tq
Welcome! I can't stop grinning when I saw your avatar, is the PCK show on-going still?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #6039
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

What do you think??
Sounds good.. "Optimal configuration"...that should mean the hop-ups/upgrades/options that makes the car better, and not just for looks? I've got a list already...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #6040
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I would be more than happy to give a full write-up on it if you can help me find one. I have emailed Kawahara, PrecisionRC and Champ International and have not heard anything yet. Do you have any other suggestions on where to find one? Who is the US importer for Kawahara... Mugen USA?
Hey dood, try this? The last I read from someone's post in the MTX-4 thread, Mugen USA no longer handles Kawahara...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #6041
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Sounds good.. "Optimal configuration"...that should mean the hop-ups/upgrades/options that makes the car better, and not just for looks? I've got a list already...
Then this should be easy.

Of course I mean the hop-ups/upgrades/options!!??

So are you already driving the UE around or do you have a few more things on the shopping list?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #6042
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
hey tommi i also like to measure droop by the lifting method instead of the blocks, i did this all the time with my rdx. my only problem is i had a base setup on carpet ( front 1mm over ride height & rear 2mm over ride height) now for my rrr i don't know where to start? (parking lot track low traction) any help would be appreceiated

I used 2mm front and 2mm rear "over ride height" this past weekend worked pretty well...
Old 04-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #6043
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Are you talking more about upgrades, options or both?
If I understand your question correctly, it's pretty much whatever provides the best performance, irrespective of where the part is from (i.e. Skyline rear shock stay and tuned pipe, Boca Bearings, throttle mixing arm from 3Racing, Kawahara blade sway bar, etc.)
Old 04-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #6044
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know I would like to know the answer to that question. I just purchased a second hand WC and would greatly appreciate some help. The track I am going to race at is pretty large (301 raceway check thread in racing forum) and I would love some help with a starting set-up and what kinda stuff could make the car handle better.

My plan is to get the OS TZ 5 port and it came with a used skyline pipe. Mileage is an issue for racers at the track as well as it has been said either bring HP or stay home.

What does the mixing arm do from 3racing. Also who carries parts and hop-ups for these things. I probably wont need many spares since alot were included but I would like to possibly get a new/upgrade chassis. I would also like to know about other possible motors that would be fast and fuel efficient.

There will be some pretty good competition at this track and I would like to make the V1RRR look good.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:42 PM   #6045
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

hey guys,

something happed to my centax clutch. i lost the 3D weights. There aren't any at my LHS. I ordered it there thoogh but will still arrive for quite some time. Is there 3D wieghts of other brands i can use? Mugen, Hobao, and Team Magic parts are abundant here.
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote