Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
No problem.
hi hawaii....when is ur web site be ready ? Can't wait to see
Old 04-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #6017
Tech Regular

Guys, I have one RRR Rubber Version Kit and I will instal universal swingshaft. Which are you using?
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #6018
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
hi hawaii....when is ur web site be ready ? Can't wait to see
It will probably be open to the public by Monday. A lot of people are looking forward to it, so that's very encouraging.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #6019
Tech Adept

I'm pretty sure droop isn't affected as the tires wear in a main/qualifier. If you think about it, the 'angle' of the lower suspension arm doesn't change as the tires wear out. As a result, the same droop is maintained throughout the main/qualifier.

The only time that you need to fix droop is if the lower suspension arm 'angle' changes. For example adjusting the shock collar for ride height purposes.

Dave
DaRollaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #6020
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
Yeah, Sean painted my bodies. He does a great job! I race @horsham, PA but looking to hit Jackson this summer.
Sean does some great paint jobs Wen i was living in N.Y. he did all my bidies until he started with Tinity & got to busy I hear he is with Tekin now.
Give him a congrats for me. If you get a chance I highly recommend 301 raceway in maryland a bunch of really good rc boys/Sandra from maryland put the effort in bringing an awesome track there.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:09 PM   #6021
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRollaRacer
I'm pretty sure droop isn't affected as the tires wear in a main/qualifier. If you think about it, the 'angle' of the lower suspension arm doesn't change as the tires wear out. As a result, the same droop is maintained throughout the main/qualifier.

The only time that you need to fix droop is if the lower suspension arm 'angle' changes. For example adjusting the shock collar for ride height purposes.

Dave
Droop setting changes besides angle changes are not the only reason you fix your droop settings.
Sometimes small increment changes to minimize onpower push in the front
Rear droop changes for certain tracks that may have a bump & you are seeing the rear bounce small droop changes with out changing springs & shock oil with also benefit the car reaction Etc
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #6022
Tech Adept

No no. I mean that droop will stay static throught a run.

Dave
DaRollaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #6023
Tech Addict

Once set, droop should remain constant barring any major crashes. Just remember, a little droop change goes a long way.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:50 PM   #6024
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Kyosho parts in stock

I have been told by some my customers the ZV210 (rear suspension arm) are extremely hard to find. I have them in stock along with a good inventory of RRR and Evolva parts.
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #6025
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4
Have you tested the Serpent tool, because I have and it does fit.
My bad... you are absolutely correct. I tried them again and they worked fine.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:52 PM   #6026
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Hey dude, sorry for the confusion... Me bad... Explainations made in the previous post, I did mean "running camber change, resulted from running ride height change due to the tire wear". I do downstop/droop via the lifting method after having done with the ride height on tires. Ride height first, then downstop, followed by camber and toe.
hey tommi i also like to measure droop by the lifting method instead of the blocks, i did this all the time with my rdx. my only problem is i had a base setup on carpet ( front 1mm over ride height & rear 2mm over ride height) now for my rrr i don't know where to start? (parking lot track low traction) any help would be appreceiated
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:38 AM   #6027
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I don't know if it has a part number. It comes in a small tube and is called "Super Grease". You should be able to find it by using the name.
How about Ball bearing ??
What kind/brand is recommended ?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:20 AM   #6028
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to nismo46

i have also a little problem with my rear swaybar, it sits on the rear upper arm, whill it have any effect on the swalbar when i make the rods shorter?
nismo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:52 AM   #6029
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Phew, was I glad that I managed to dig out this old link regarding to what I posted earlier. I learn my stuffs from this great article by Julius Kolff, hope you guys will find it useful. Some good inputs triggered I see...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:15 AM   #6030
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
hey tommi i also like to measure droop by the lifting method instead of the blocks, i did this all the time with my rdx. my only problem is i had a base setup on carpet ( front 1mm over ride height & rear 2mm over ride height) now for my rrr i don't know where to start? (parking lot track low traction) any help would be appreceiated
Most of the time, you would want to have more rear droop on low traction surface. I remember myself taking out the droop screw completely when I ran on a low traction parking lot track using the NTC3, with great results! On the RRR, 3mm is a good point to start I think. BUT it's pretty subjective to tell you what to do and what not to do, especially when droop is concerned. Too much droop at the rear will, in turn, make the rear traction feels inconsistent, the rear-end will laze around; again it really depends on how low the traction is.

If I'm to given a low traction surface condition, I would keep the droop setup that I'm comfortable with, and play around with other area that would give me better traction overall - tire shore (the most important factor where traction is concerned), suspension setup (spring rates, shock oil), antiroll bar, and then only to fine-tune things with the droop. That's what I do...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote