R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2006, 06:29 AM   #5851
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4
Have you tested the Serpent tool, because I have and it does fit.
Yes I have. Maybe I should try it again. I know the pitch is different.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #5852
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The best way to allow your rear to use 0 degree offset tires is to change the rear universals to VSW007 and not worry about the hexes and the pillow ball screws.
Is the VSW007 the complete swing shaft (universal) or a dog bone?

I want to give this a try. I'm tired of using 2mm offset wheels.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #5853
Tech Elite
 
maskedrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MP9 is here ...stay tune !
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

VSW007 is for RRR ??

how come i couldn't find in our manual ??
__________________
Kyosho- Sirio/ OS engine- AVID bearing- Blue thunder fuel- Proline- RC dynamite- Sanwa- RC Art
maskedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:21 AM   #5854
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
VSW007 is for RRR ??

how come i couldn't find in our manual ??
It's probably an FW part or something like that. It really helps when people who have the ability, think "outside the box" and then share their findings with us.

Thanks.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #5855
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default





Hope you guys find these useful, courtesy of NiMo from 3Hobby.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #5856
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to Proteus
Default

Wow, a handly little chart. Thanks for posting. But what's the diff between rear hubs VZ202 and VZ006?
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #5857
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Wow, a handly little chart. Thanks for posting. But what's the diff between rear hubs VZ202 and VZ006?
VZ202 is the RRR rear hub, whereas VZ006 is the rear hub for RR and RR EVO.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #5858
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Can somebody explain to me the the tire information on the last 2 charts? I don't understand what 26mm 0mm, 30mm 2mm & 30mm 0mm is telling me. Is 26,0 for someone using front tires in the rear? Why is 30,2 under the heading of 0 offset and 30,0 under the 2mm offest heading?

That chart is bad a$$.

I understand that the VZ202 is the stock bearing block for the RRR but what is the actual difference?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #5859
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Can somebody explain to me the the tire information on the last 2 charts? I don't understand what 26mm 0mm, 30mm 2mm & 30mm 0mm is telling me. Is 26,0 for someone using front tires in the rear? Why is 30,2 under the heading of 0 offset and 30,0 under the 2mm offest heading?

That chart is bad a$$.

I understand that the VZ202 is the stock bearing block for the RRR but what is the actual difference?
my interpretation is that they are saying the actual wheel has a 2mm offset and the hub has a 0mm offset.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #5860
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
my interpretation is that they are saying the actual wheel has a 2mm offset and the hub has a 0mm offset.
That makes sense.

Am I to understand that the difference between VSW007 and VSW015 is the wheel shaft and not the length of the drive shaft? I'm not crystal clear on this either. Would using the VSW006 be the same as the stock swing shaft except with a shaft that's 2mm longer or are we trying to just move the wheel out so a 0 offset wheel doesn't get to close to the bearing block?

Sorry for all the questions... I just want to understand this before I order the parts.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #5861
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
That makes sense.

Am I to understand that the difference between VSW007 and VSW015 is the wheel shaft and not the length of the drive shaft? I'm not crystal clear on this either. Would using the VSW006 be the same as the stock swing shaft except with a shaft that's 2mm longer or are we trying to just move the wheel out so a 0 offset wheel doesn't get to close to the bearing block?

Sorry for all the questions... I just want to understand this before I order the parts.
The SIMILARITIES between VSW007 and VSW015 is that both has 50mm shaft (VSW007-01).

DIFFERENCE is that VSW007 has got a 2mm offset wheel shaft (VZW055-02), and VSW015 has got 0mm offset wheel shaft (VZW054-02).

tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #5862
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Saying that, VSW007 has got longer axles, of which the hole is 2mm further out, this facilitates the use of 0mm offset wheel. A 2mm washer is to be added BEHIND the hex if VSW007 is used.

On VSW006, it has the same overall length, just a different combination -52mm shaft (VSW006-01), and a 0mm offset wheel shaft (VZW054-02).
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:27 AM   #5863
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Saying that, VSW007 has got longer axles, of which the hole is 2mm further out, this facilitates the use of 0mm offset wheel. A 2mm washer is to be added BEHIND the hex if VSW007 is used.

On VSW006, it has the same overall length, just a different combination -52mm shaft (VSW006-01), and a 0mm offset wheel shaft (VZW054-02).

Now things are becoming more clear. I could not figure out how the VSW007 was going to help. In lieu of the 2mm washer could a different hex be used? If I tried the VSW006, would a 0 offset wheel be too close to the bearing block?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #5864
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi




Hope you guys find these useful, courtesy of NiMo from 3Hobby.
That chart is very helpful great info. That's why I like RCTECH so much, always good info. to get. Thanks Tommi.
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #5865
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Now things are becoming more clear. I could not figure out how the VSW007 was going to help. In lieu of the 2mm washer could a different hex be used? If I tried the VSW006, would a 0 offset wheel be too close to the bearing block?






Hope these pics are clear enough, this is how the spacer works on the VSW007. Without the spacer, the shaft will be left sliding in and out of the rear hub. On an alternative wheel hex, 3Racing makes one with 1mm offset, still does not quite work without a spacer. The spacer is doing the job good, no worries; I've used both 0 offset and 2mm offset wheels on the VSW007, no problems at all.

Last edited by tommi; 04-12-2006 at 11:05 AM.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:12 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net