Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FYI:

Xtreme RC Cars review of V1RRR:
http://www.rc411.com/pages/reviews.php?review=4&page=2

If you can snag a copy of the January 2006 issue of Xtreme RC Cars at your local hobby store, they have a review of the MTX-4. It's not online yet.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
So the mtx4 is very similiar to v1rrr. A copy almost eh. When did the v1rrr wc come out?

I asked the same question on the MTX4 thread and got a its cheaper to buy Mugen response. I had to reply thats not the case since if you option a mtx4 with universals it would be the same cost as a v1rrr kit.

Like I said I was very very happy with my other kyosho car. And if the only response in Mugens favor is price which I dont agree with I am buying a v1rrr. I wanted to hear which is faster from guys who have had both or what makes them different.
You made the best choice to go with the RRR WC, I know By experience because I improve my personal best by 1 lap and also faster lap times, my other car was a G4 Mongoose I seen the difference the first time went out to practice, biggest difference in turning and cornering speed.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default 3r

believe it durability plus performance equals progress i too had the mongoose so im going to say its a big imorovement i wiil prove it at the next race stay tuned
Old 04-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmmm

ill make the E main
Old 04-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Ok guys I am looking to get a new touring car and cant decide which I should get MTX4 or V1RRR WC. I am not new to touring cars just havent had one for a year or 2 while I have been racing 1/8th buggies. Long story short there is a new onroad track near home and I wanna try and get back into onroad.

I learned racing offroad how good kyosho products are. I had a kanai 2 I absolutely loved. So I admit I am leaning toward the V1RRR WC. But I have been offered a pretty darn good deal on the MTX4.

Why should I buy the V1RRR WC? What makes it better and faster? Where can I get the best deal on one if I do decide to buy it?

The track I plan to race at is permanent and big maybe some of you have heard about it 301 raceway.
I have both cars & I like the RRR better but that's my choice as for price you get more car buying the RRR versus the MTX4
Old 04-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Initiate

can anyone explain to me how to shorten the lead on my Rx battery for my new RRR thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Why should I buy the V1RRR WC? What makes it better and faster? Where can I get the best deal on one if I do decide to buy it?
cos it still a world champion car till now
Old 04-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

can anyone explain to me how to shorten my Rx battery lead for my new RRR thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

are you good at soldering if not dont even bother, it will prevent your car from running away on you.

you need to cut the lead to the length you want it take away bit of the insolation and if you can get the tabs out of the original pulg take the scrap wire out of there and solder the 'new' clean wire to the join be sure to use a flux paste as well it helps the joint stick and prevent dry joints.

Chris
Old 04-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

or you can go to a local hobby shop...most should have the little pins and a pair of crimping pliers to put the on...will cost a little more but its really clean and there is no heat shrink involved...
Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

PTP, the most important thing you have to ask is which car is it easier to get parts for? If it is the same for both cars you might ask around to see what others are running, so you can ask around if you need some help with something. I have had both Mugen and Kyosho and when I ran Mugen I was just about the only one running it, which kind of sucked. Both cars are good, so you might want to look at other support things.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:33 AM
jag
Tech Master

So the mtx4 is very similiar to v1rrr. A copy almost eh. When did the v1rrr wc come out?

I asked the same question on the MTX4 thread and got a its cheaper to buy Mugen response. I had to reply thats not the case since if you option a mtx4 with universals it would be the same cost as a v1rrr kit.

Like I said I was very very happy with my other kyosho car. And if the only response in Mugens favor is price which I dont agree with I am buying a v1rrr. I wanted to hear which is faster from guys who have had both or what makes them different.
From my research I found that the Mugen is a more expensive car to own. Unless you never wreck, you will spend more on replacement parts for the Mugen... not to mention the Mugen kit is more expensive and you don't get as much "must have" stuff. I have been told by a few people who have driven both that they are similar cars but the Kyosho is slightly better.

I am very happy with my RRR.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys you have helped alot. I asked the same question on both threads and the mugen guys didnt say much except for they thought theirs was cheaper untill I pointed out the cost of universals and alum hexes. I owned mugen and kyosho products in the past and while mugen didnt disappoint my kyosho really impressed me breaking almost no parts at all in a season of racing. I am currently shopping for a v1rrr wc there is a local guy who made the Mugen team who might wanna sell his v1rrr I am going to offer to take it off his hands right now.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 710baby
I have both cars & I like the RRR better...
Could you be a little more specific please? I've been thinking about getting the MTX-4 ever since I read the review in the magazine, to see how it compares to the WCE. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

had a 710...some say that its barely better than an ntc3...LMAO...ok...i just got my RRR...not sure what to think about it...feels fast...but 301 raceway will tell the tail...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.