R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #5221
Tech Master

What are the inputs for this program assuming you setup the car as per the kit default?

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #5222
Tech Regular

Thumbs up RRR

Congrats to Kyosho America driver Walter Diaz for a second place win at the pre-nats race this past weekend.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #5223
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
If you are using the phillips style motor mount screws.......You might want to try some 2.0 x 8 they work great and you crank them down real tight.....thread lock never hurts there including before a big long race.....
Hey rob did not get a chance to meet you yesterday @ Kissimmee raceway was busy running 2 classes how did you finish. will I see you @ the cup
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #5224
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710baby
Hey rob did not get a chance to meet you yesterday @ Kissimmee raceway was busy running 2 classes how did you finish. will I see you @ the cup

What is your name anyways...........I quailified 2 , finished 4 th.....
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #5225
Tech Fanatic

George Martinez........Im pretty sure you were one of the guys with a yellow hat......am i correct.....

I have not yet decided about the cup race.......I checked the kyosho america and kyosho sites foiund nothing about the kyosho cup.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #5226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Understeer problem

I had to adjust the steering throw because the front shock bottom endcaps were rubbing against the front rims. Now I have a slight understeer problem on a pretty tight track. Have any of you experienced this problem? What adjustments did you make to correct the problem? BTW - Also changed my rear diff oil from 30,000 to 20,000 and I'm running the front one-way.

Thanks!
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #5227
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
George Martinez........Im pretty sure you were one of the guys with a yellow hat......am i correct.....

I have not yet decided about the cup race.......I checked the kyosho america and kyosho sites foiund nothing about the kyosho cup.
No yellow hat for me finished 4th in the B main
I was checking also & did not find anything as well
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #5228
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I had to adjust the steering throw because the front shock bottom endcaps were rubbing against the front rims. Now I have a slight understeer problem on a pretty tight track. Have any of you experienced this problem? What adjustments did you make to correct the problem? BTW - Also changed my rear diff oil from 30,000 to 20,000 and I'm running the front one-way.

Thanks!
Try increasing the front width a hair, or trimming the inside of the rim.
set up wise you need to loosen the rear up some so the car will rotate.ak shock oil, sway bar or thicker diff fluid. raise your rear roll center, those are a few things you can try,how tight is the track?
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #5229
Tech Elite

drfritz

Coming off a straightaway at full-throttle, you go into a track-wide left "C" turn, which after 12 ft goes into a left "S" turn (bottom of the "S") which upon exit goes straight 50 ft and then goes into a right "C" turn. (Sorry, I'm still new at track terminology) Height of the top half of the "S" turn is about 15 ft. The height of the 2nd "C" turn can't be more than 30 ft. It is so tight, that if I don't place the car in the correct position at the start the S turn, I'll never make it out the other end without hitting the track. Same thing with the C turn, only I know I've placed the car correctly at the top of the 2nd "C" turn and even at full right turn, I can't make it around at a decent speed compared to the other cars. The track dimensions are approximately 200 x 60 ft with a lot of tight turns like this.

The prior race weekend, the rear end was way too lose. The car was "sliding" quite a bit. I'm not quite sure if you could call it oversteer, as the car never really spun out.

Width wise, I ran about 197 mm with some new tires that I bought. I was at 200mm with the previous tires, which hit the end caps. Extending back to 200 would probably help things a bit. I'll have to check. Now that you mention it, I was being lazy and didn't want to have to completely redo the alignment - I figured, "it's only 1.5mm on each side - I'll leave it".

The diff oil change to 20,000 was based on some feedback that 30,000 (included with the kit) felt really tight when out of the car and turning by hand. I had to take the diff apart because it was leaking (again), so I decided to change it at the same time.

Ride height wise I'm 6mm rear, 5.5mm front as recommended in the setup sheet.

Any other suggests or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old 03-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #5230
Tech Master

Get on the gas earlier! If its understeering on power reduce the toe in at the rear

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:23 AM   #5231
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710baby
No yellow hat for me finished 4th in the B main
I was checking also & did not find anything as well

what part of florida are you from George......also where were you pitting at the race and with whom......
Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #5232
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Get on the gas earlier! If its understeering on power reduce the toe in at the rear
Interesting. I would have thought that accelerating on understeer would just make things worse, but I’m still extremely new at this. With the 4WD, is understeer a desirable condition so that a person can accelerate much earlier exiting a turn? At what point in the turn would you suggest accelerating? I usually go neutral into a turn (more below) and don’t accelerate until I’m about 90% out of it.

In my prior thread I wrote, “Coming off a straightaway at full-throttle…”, what I should have written was, “Full-throttle on the straightaway and brake before the turn so that I’m going through it neutral.” I accelerate 90% out of the turn and go through the bottom of the “S” turn off power, accelerate a bit (more of a blip) and then go through the top of the “S” turn off power, accelerating 90% out of the turn, then go through the 2nd “C” turn off power, accelerating 90% out of the turn.

Maybe I need driving lessons!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #5233
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Interesting. I would have thought that accelerating on understeer would just make things worse, but I’m still extremely new at this. With the 4WD, is understeer a desirable condition so that a person can accelerate much earlier exiting a turn? At what point in the turn would you suggest accelerating? I usually go neutral into a turn (more below) and don’t accelerate until I’m about 90% out of it.

In my prior thread I wrote, “Coming off a straightaway at full-throttle…”, what I should have written was, “Full-throttle on the straightaway and brake before the turn so that I’m going through it neutral.” I accelerate 90% out of the turn and go through the bottom of the “S” turn off power, accelerate a bit (more of a blip) and then go through the top of the “S” turn off power, accelerating 90% out of the turn, then go through the 2nd “C” turn off power, accelerating 90% out of the turn.

I would suggest as early as possible.. my theory is if you can be on throttle longer than the other guys and keep a tight line you should be faster.........some guys like understeer....I dont like it at all...... all i can tell you is the earlier you can roll on the throttle the faster you will be.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 AM   #5234
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

You might want to also go to a heavier weight oil in diff if you have understeer...this will help both on and off power understeer...
Old 03-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #5235
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Hi Robert,

my understanding was that a heavier weight oil would create more understeer into the corner - is this not the case?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote