R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #5176
Tech Adept

Is there a file I can download or a site I can check out to see all the hop ups available for the RRR? I checked the Kyosho site but it has a very limited listing.

Dave
DaRollaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #5177
Tech Regular

We have 3 racing Option parts available. www.ethobbydistributor.com
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #5178
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRollaRacer
Is there a file I can download or a site I can check out to see all the hop ups available for the RRR? I checked the Kyosho site but it has a very limited listing.

Dave
Here you go:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf v_one-rrr_051227-e.pdf (64.2 KB, 308 views)
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #5179
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
We have 3 racing Option parts available. www.ethobbydistributor.com
edgar millenium:
you probably have the parts available but need to work on your customer service, about a month and 1/2 ago you where posting on a local forum that you have parts for mugen too, i ask you if you can get for me some parts and how much would them be (kawahara accord bodies, they are distributed by mugen, remember?) "i'll check and will email you back with the info" you said, on 5 feb i email you again, today is 1 march and i'm still waiting for your response. what kind of customer service can you provide over the internet if you can't even deal with the locals? what a way to do bussiness.......

Last edited by oderem; 03-01-2006 at 09:23 PM.
oderem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #5180
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Guys, aluminum may not break in a crash but it will bend. Your best bet to replace the thin stock shock tower is the Skyline 4mm rear shock tower:

http://www.skylinercracing.com/store/P_39.htm

Nearly everyone at my track uses it and no one has broken one as far as I know.

skyline shock tower very good ..........it has never broken I have been using it since I started running the rrr
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:46 AM   #5181
Tech Fanatic

Yep the 4mm Skyline shock tower is very durable
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:46 AM   #5182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wondering if the Skyline exhaust Pipe fit on Sirio Engine?

And the performance ??

There are 2 type of Skyline exhaust to choose from .... which is most suitable ?

For those who had tried it...any comment ?

thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 07:38 AM   #5183
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Here you go:
Thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #5184
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
wondering if the Skyline exhaust Pipe fit on Sirio Engine?

And the performance ??

There are 2 type of Skyline exhaust to choose from .... which is most suitable ?

For those who had tried it...any comment ?

thanks
It works great with Sirio engines. The one you want is the VR12.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #5185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are you guys doing to prevent your stinger from getting bent/smashed? My RD Logics tuned pipe is positioned in such a manner that that stinger sticks out of the body. Some guys at the track said that I should bring it in more, but it's not really possible given the exhaust manifold design. If I try to move the mounting rod, I'm just pivoting the tuned pipe at the spring connection joint, which is probably not a good idea (i.e. air leak). Any other ideas?

This is the tuned pipe I'm using:
http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...215&type=store

Thanks!
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #5186
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What are you guys doing to prevent your stinger from getting bent/smashed? My RD Logics tuned pipe is positioned in such a manner that that stinger sticks out of the body. Some guys at the track said that I should bring it in more, but it's not really possible given the exhaust manifold design. If I try to move the mounting rod, I'm just pivoting the tuned pipe at the spring connection joint, which is probably not a good idea (i.e. air leak). Any other ideas?

Thanks!
http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...7R5&type=store

Get the one with reinforced stinger, if not get the Vantage carbon fiber one or you can cut off the length just a bit of your stinger with a Dremel tool.
Xyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #5187
Tech Regular

Quote:

Thanks!
the stinger on the rd pipe is longer than the vr12. u should be ok if u switch to the skyline pipe
Old 03-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #5188
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks!
Use some Quiksteel to build up the area around the stinger...this should provide plenty of support/protection for it.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #5189
Tech Adept

I'm looking at a new chassis to replace my current on for the new season. Should I just go with the originall Kyosho RRR chassis? I've heard of people trying other brands and not liking the handling characteristics with them. Any input on the Skyline chassis?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #5190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRollaRacer
I'm looking at a new chassis to replace my current on for the new season. Should I just go with the originall Kyosho RRR chassis? I've heard of people trying other brands and not liking the handling characteristics with them. Any input on the Skyline chassis?

Thanks,

Dave
Yeah... If, you plan on running a diff and you not handy with a dremel, then don't bother. I had to "butcher" the chassis below the diff so it could sit flush in the bulkhead. I didn't realise the diff wouldn't fit properly until I already had the chassis on the car. That blew squirrel nuts!

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote