R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #5086
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRace
Mark....it's more of a borrowed ride from Niketa. I'm still waiting for some parts to finish up. But you know I'm a big snake fan
One bite and you're addicted And if you're going to be my pit monkey next year (hmm sounds like last year again ) you'll have to get to know the car better
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #5087
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Thanks for the info.

How about the wear-and-tear on the car - the track is pretty hard on on the parts, so any weaknesses will show up there pretty quickyl.

Thanks, Mark.
Honestly didnt have much wear and tear......i ran the same pinions and spurs from pract. thru quals......car held up very well as long as you dont hit the metal boards For the a-main as precaution I replaced all cvds and thread locked setscrews, replaced all gears including pulleys, threadlocked anything that might want to come loose from vibration, motor mount screws,
wheel nuts, throtle linkages, etc.

Car held up for 45 min + 10 minute warmup
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #5088
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Honestly didnt have much wear and tear......i ran the same pinions and spurs from pract. thru quals......car held up very well as long as you dont hit the metal boards For the a-main as precaution I replaced all cvds and thread locked setscrews, replaced all gears including pulleys, threadlocked anything that might want to come loose from vibration, motor mount screws,
wheel nuts, throtle linkages, etc.

Car held up for 45 min + 10 minute warmup
SHEEESSSSH! What kind of track conditions would require you to do this? You guys should get together and rebuild the TRACK! No one should have to rebuild their nitro car before the main. Especially, when they haven't broken it.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #5089
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
SHEEESSSSH! What kind of track conditions would require you to do this? You guys should get together and rebuild the TRACK! No one should have to rebuild their nitro car before the main. Especially, when they haven't broken it.

Basically the reason I did that is because i did not want to leave a stone unturned i would not forgive myself if the car would have broken due to a mechanical breakdown on my part..... I knew if i ran a clean race I should have no problems.....and in a race of that magnitude you have to last the entire race to give yourself a chance to win any time in the pits and your done with the competition on the track

So its not the track that caused me to do this it was just making sure the car was ready........the settings on the car stayed the same, I just bullet proofed the car......hope you understand .......Ft Myers is the bomb dont forget it
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #5090
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

Kewdawg, two words: "preventive maintenance"
Old 02-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #5091
Tech Regular

Hey Robert!!!

Did Maxy told you about the event in Puerto Rico on March??
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #5092
Tech Elite

Quote:
Basically the reason I did that is because i did not want to leave a stone unturned i would not forgive myself if the car would have broken due to a mechanical breakdown on my part..... I knew if i ran a clean race I should have no problems.....and in a race of that magnitude you have to last the entire race to give yourself a chance to win any time in the pits and your done with the competition on the track

So its not the track that caused me to do this it was just making sure the car was ready........the settings on the car stayed the same, I just bullet proofed the car......hope you understand .......Ft Myers is the bomb dont forget it
Oh, okay. You had me worried, there, for moment. Still a bit excessive, though.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC

Last edited by kewdawg; 02-22-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #5093
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnerov
Kewdawg, two words: "preventive maintenance"
This begins during the 1st build. A thorough cleaning and inspection on a weekly basis, also, before and during races will do the rest.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #5094
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
This begins during the 1st build. A thorough cleaning and inspection on a weekly basis, also, before and during races will do the rest.
What Up dawg I was @ the Nat's to support the team wished I was able to race but all I can tell you with the stiff Comp better safe than sorry.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #5095
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Your absolutley correct....it definetley begins with the first build and great tip on inspecting the car on a weekly basis and before and during races........Ill try that next time maybe itll save me from doing what I did........
Old 02-21-2006, 08:14 PM   #5096
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
Hey Robert!!!

Did Maxy told you about the event in Puerto Rico on March??

Edgar nice to read from you I heard about the race.......refresh my memory on the dates......Im not sure if I can attend. i hope everything is fine say hello to Guillermo.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #5097
Tech Regular

Quote:
Edgar nice to read from you I heard about the race.......refresh my memory on the dates......Im not sure if I can attend. i hope everything is fine say hello to Guillermo.

It will be on 10 -12 .

10 practice
11 Qs
12 Mains

BTW Congrats you Ran on the A main!!
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #5098
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
It will be on 10 -12 .

10 practice
11 Qs
12 Mains

BTW Congrats you Ran on the A main!!
march.......thank you edgar I had fun
Old 02-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #5099
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710baby
What Up dawg I was @ the Nat's to support the team wished I was able to race but all I can tell you with the stiff Comp better safe than sorry.
Hey, George! So, you mean to tell me those guys came to your turf without you trying to put it on 'em? Com'mon man! You gotta' check 'em when they show up in your town, hommie.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #5100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

will the kyosho drivers still be using the VoneRRR worlds edition in the up coming IFMAR in australia or will they be using a newer unreleased version?
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote