Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello all,

I have a question, i will drive this year with rubber tyres and i would like to know if i have to used the pulley 23 or 24 and if i have to use the drive belt 384 or 387 drive belt for the preponderance ??

When i drive in mousse tyre i used pulley 23 and the drive belt 384.

Does preponderacne (influe) on the mousse tyre or on rubber tyres or can I drive with the same preponderance either in mousse or in rubber ??

Thank you for answers.

@++

P.S : sorry for my bad english
Old 01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Just got my RRR WC yesterday two days later than I plan, can't wait to get home from work to start building my first Kyosho kit this evening also if any RRR owners have any suggestion on building this kit to better the car is appreicated Thanks in advance.

Ivan
make sure you use the right size phillip screw driver. the screws can easily be stripped. Enjoy putting it together.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
jag
Tech Master

Default Brakes

What do you guys do to keep the brakes from dragging... if anything? Do you put springs between the pads, return spring on the arm, etc... I find that the brake arm does not return to neutral very well.

Thanks,
jag
Old 01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag
What do you guys do to keep the brakes from dragging... if anything? Do you put springs between the pads, return spring on the arm, etc... I find that the brake arm does not return to neutral very well.

Thanks,
jag
Re-align you linkage stoppers and spring on the throttle servo mixing arm / horn.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag

Thanks,
jag
The K-Factory upgrade pads come with springs to go between them. You can do what kewdawg suggested and then perhaps some ball point pen springs between the pads.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
The K-Factory upgrade pads come with springs to go between them. You can do what kewdawg suggested and then perhaps some ball point pen springs between the pads.
Also, Make sure the mounting screws for the brake plates are of equal length when screwed into the mount. If, not, this can cause the brake plates to rest unevenly and rub the brake disk. The brake plates should have a little "play" in them when the assembly is together.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Re-align you linkage stoppers and spring on the throttle servo mixing arm / horn.
I'm not sure I understand what you are telling me. How about a picture? I was adjusting my endpoints and I find that when I apply the brakes and then let off, the brake lever doesn't return to a neutral position. There is no return spring in the brake assembly. It is not that the linkage is binding or dragging. If I push the brake lever with my finger and let go it doesn't release. It just stays there. The brake disk is floating when the brake is not applied and the pads are not binding on the screws. Maybe it's just because the car is new and sitting on a stand and not running. Maybe the brake assembly will loosen over time... I don't know.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2006, 07:50 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Do you have a part number? Do the springs last? I did this to my T-Maxx and it worked pretty good but this is a different application.

Do you know of a place to buy K-Factory and Kawahara parts in the US?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Toinou
Hello all,

I have a question, i will drive this year with rubber tyres and i would like to know if i have to used the pulley 23 or 24 and if i have to use the drive belt 384 or 387 drive belt for the preponderance ??

When i drive in mousse tyre i used pulley 23 and the drive belt 384.

Does preponderacne (influe) on the mousse tyre or on rubber tyres or can I drive with the same preponderance either in mousse or in rubber ??

Thank you for answers.

@++

P.S : sorry for my bad english
Use 24T pulley and 387 side belt for rubber tires.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by markp27
How was your impression of the MTX-4 in comparion to the RRR, Robert?

Cheers, Mark.

Both cars felt very similar....I think all the top cars are very good. I think it boils down to what you feel most comfortable driving. just my opinion.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag
He would probably like to take the engine out of the MTX-4 and put it in the RRR ... that RB was fast!

Robert, are you coming up to Royal Palm on Wednesday? You can help me setup my RRR. Bring Wayne and Tino with you.

jag
Wow...What a development Jim......you are now jumping on the RRR train... Congrats I hope you like it. I wont be coming up to the track on wednesday I have alot of prep work to do for W-nats......I will be at the Go-racing track on sunday, If you like to come down i will show you some cool things i did to the car regarding wiring, and to free up the drive train.
I will be there all day sunday. By the way Yes I iwll have some ponies for the RRr come W-nats.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:38 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fritzD
you can donwload that at Kyosho's website
If i'm not mistaken you can only download a blank setup sheet that can only be used as a hard copy.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag
Do you have a part number? Do the springs last? I did this to my T-Maxx and it worked pretty good but this is a different application.

Do you know of a place to buy K-Factory and Kawahara parts in the US?

Thanks

Hi JAg,

The part number is K1498. Here is the page link as well -

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1498&pageNum=1

As for being able to purchase these parts in the US, you could check Crispy Critters who is also a member of this forum.

http://www.crispycrittershobbyshop.com/store/home.php

Their contact number is 973-790-3800
Old 02-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jag, I have the plugs pointing up. I just run the wires up to the reciever at the backside of the upper deck. I don't run a switch, they are too heavy. J/K, I haven't had the best of luck with switches, I just unplug the battery from the reciever. I also took a chunck of bicycle innertube and wrapped the reciever in it.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4
If i'm not mistaken you can only download a blank setup sheet that can only be used as a hard copy.
oh yeah... i didn't realize that... well, i guess you'd have to print and edit manually.. heheh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.