Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #4696
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Thanks Tommi!

I will arrange to order these as well.

Anything else I should consider one time?
Let's see - a good engine, some good fuel and tires, and it's down to the track. This car ain't gonna be happy sitting on the bench looking at us yak-ing away in this forum...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #4697
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the help on what to order for my new car guys. The next question is where to get it from? I'm planning on buying a good couple of hundred dollars worth of spares/hopups (mostly spares) and I'm trying to find somewhere that has alot of parts in stock. RC Toro has somestuff, but not the whole line of parts. Where are you guys getting your stuff? US places are prefered, but I can live with international places....
psbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #4698
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbarger
Thanks for the help on what to order for my new car guys. The next question is where to get it from? I'm planning on buying a good couple of hundred dollars worth of spares/hopups (mostly spares) and I'm trying to find somewhere that has alot of parts in stock. RC Toro has somestuff, but not the whole line of parts. Where are you guys getting your stuff? US places are prefered, but I can live with international places....
Call Kyosho America (www.kyoshoamerica.com) and find out what local hobby shop carries their stuff or order from them directly.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #4699
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbarger
RC Toro by far has the best prices for V1RRR stuffs. Brooklyn has some, and mushroom has many.

I am selling a 3Racing 3mm chassis for V1RRR, if you are interested......
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #4700
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
Should you have not found that out before you went and bought one?

If you have one already it should be US thats asking YOU how it performs !
As one of the team drivers i will be testing out the pipe next weekend & comparision testing on there new Team pipe as well
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #4701
Tech Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Let's see - a good engine, some good fuel and tires, and it's down to the track. This car ain't gonna be happy sitting on the bench looking at us yak-ing away in this forum...
Good one...

Already have the OS 12TZ 5 Port installed and all the other items you mentioned.

I am having so much fun with several of my other cars that there is no need to rush this project. I am waiting till I get the K-Factory parts before I take her out.

I just bought the new Novak 5.5R Brushless system and a couple of 4200mAh Li-Po batteries this week for another project I was working on. The total weight of the car is about 1.4lbs

Let's put it this way, it was too fast to even test on my street. (At half trottle) I am looking forward to see what this does not on the track this weekend. (Hope for good weather)

My RRR will be the "Special toy" out of the fleet. This is what I will run for the points standings.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #4702
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
I believe he is referring to the 21T pulley on the rear spur gear shaft, just adjacent to the brake pads. This car handles very well with the stock setup, I would suggest working from everything stock, so that one will be able to know the car better. Just a suggestion since you mentioned large track, it is good to have 22T and 23T pinions handy.
Another solution is to apply some epoxy glue onto the brake pulley. It has worked pretty well for me so far.

As for pinions, you wont need 23T for our local tracks. In fact I hardly use 22T as well.
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:50 AM   #4703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundyMan
Another solution is to apply some epoxy glue onto the brake pulley. It has worked pretty well for me so far.

As for pinions, you wont need 23T for our local tracks. In fact I hardly use 22T as well.
Yup that's one good tip, every pulley on my car has got rubber cement in it strengthening them, all of them has been holding up pretty well to date (thanks to the previous owner of the car ).

Thanks for the heads up on the pinions use. I was running at Glenmarie HPC pretty often lately, was using the 21T; no complains on the speed, but would love to see what bad/benefit a 22/23T would cause. Hey I just contacted HPC, they've got some Kawahara hop-ups for the RRR.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:07 AM   #4704
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundyMan

Hi Buddyman,

So..... The steel pulley or epoxy?

Then again, exactly which type of epoxy? Steel poxy? or clear epoxy?

Let me know.

Thanks
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #4705
Tech Rookie

Default Rear Shock Position

What difference does the position of the rear shock absorbers make?
I use the aftermarket rear shock tower with 6 holes. I attach the shock to hole number 4 (lower is 1, upper is 6).
I run in a short, bumpy, technical track (a 50m straight, 3 U-Turns, 2 S-Turns,5 tight turns and a long bumpy left turn).
What will happen if I put the shocks more horizontal?
The track has low traction and some bumps where you can actually see your RRR fly!
I don't use rear sway bar and I ve put the softer silver springs.

Thanx for your immediate replies dudes!!

P.S. Here is a small foto of the track
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-rctc0410049.jpg  
dmastroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #4706
Tech Fanatic

Shock absorbers mounted in a more vertical position stiffens that end of the car.....with the rear shocks mounted more upright this will result in more steering but will also result in less rear traction.
Rear shocks mounted more horizontally will result in a softer rear suspension....this will give more rear traction but you`ll lose some steering as a result.
Cheers Andy
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:24 AM   #4707
Tech Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmastroy
What difference does the position of the rear shock absorbers make?
I use the aftermarket rear shock tower with 6 holes. I attach the shock to hole number 4 (lower is 1, upper is 6).
I run in a short, bumpy, technical track (a 50m straight, 3 U-Turns, 2 S-Turns,5 tight turns and a long bumpy left turn).
What will happen if I put the shocks more horizontal?
The track has low traction and some bumps where you can actually see your RRR fly!
I don't use rear sway bar and I ve put the softer silver springs.

Thanx for your immediate replies dudes!!

P.S. Here is a small foto of the track
Standing the shocks will give you a more natural feel and corner speed, but can be harder to drive. Dropping the shocks plants the car hard, but when it breaks loose it harder to control.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:17 AM   #4708
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Marc,

Congrats on the new ride.

Chris
Old 01-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #4709
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
Marc,

Chris
congrats Marc!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #4710
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Standing the shocks will give you a more natural feel and corner speed, but can be harder to drive. Dropping the shocks plants the car hard, but when it breaks loose it harder to control.
Marc,

Roy