Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 710baby
Yeah that's was one of the problems I experienced with the 710 in corners I really had to let off in tight corners for some reason at jackson the car on high bite tracks was hard with corner speed but on a more wider track it was all about entry & exit I tried everything you can do but when i went to the triple R the car just had more steering & better corner speed,real good snap from the line I noticed the difference when testing even tire diameter it equalize entry & exit & when i went to the 2mm difference I realized how much more on power steering the car gave me which I really liked since i like to dirve hard on power into any turn. Next time Im going to try that set up that you use with the gear diff in the front on tight tracks
Let me know how it works for you. This summer, I'll work on a set-up for a spool. Are you using the spring sets made for the Triple R?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Yes & you will like running the spool
Old 01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
concerning the wear of the outdrives-

would it help any to put something on the drive pin like the irs pin coushin? something like srinkwrap, maybe?
I think that would be a bad idea. The best thing is just keep them well greased and replace them when badly worn. You can also double their life by swapping the left and the right since only contact at the direction of the rotation wears. But for best performance you'd be better off replacing them with new ones. After all they are pretty inexpensive.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 710baby
Yes & you will like running the spool
So, you've tried the spool, already? If, so, what did you think of it?
Old 01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

what ackerman plate do you guys use with the spool on a tight short track ?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Suspension Setup???

Hi All,

New to this forum (only today) but would like to get some info on setting up my new V One RRR that I will receive in a few days . Specifically I am referring to the suspension settings, beyond the factory specs.

The question is, how do you even know where or what settings to start adjusting at the track??? When you see what…. then you adjust what????

I have been comparing the factory data sheets online with that of Jason Cyrul’s specs and they are so way off, it’s confusing. I am obviously not as experienced as I should be but would like to improve my driving. I have been doing pretty well but know very little as regards setup, beyond the common camber, cast, toe etc…..

I have also read a few the threads, but again what's reason for each adjustment? (Roll Center etc)

I know this may need a detailed response, but is there is simple guide I can at least start with?

Thanks for any help on this.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi All,

New to this forum (only today) but would like to get some info on setting up my new V One RRR that I will receive in a few days . Specifically I am referring to the suspension settings, beyond the factory specs.

The question is, how do you even know where or what settings to start adjusting at the track??? When you see what…. then you adjust what????

I have been comparing the factory data sheets online with that of Jason Cyrul’s specs and they are so way off, it’s confusing. I am obviously not as experienced as I should be but would like to improve my driving. I have been doing pretty well but know very little as regards setup, beyond the common camber, cast, toe etc…..

I have also read a few the threads, but again what's reason for each adjustment?

I know this may need a detailed response, but is there is simple guide I can at least start with?

Work with the stock set up & then make changes necessary you might like the setup for the track you will run at. it is hard to say since there are no details of what type of track you will race at. After your first attempt post what you think it needs or what you need then you will get more responses
Old 01-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Hi All,

I have also read a few the threads, but again what's reason for each adjustment? (Roll Center etc)

Read this:

http://www.donegal.flyer.co.uk/car%20setup%20guide.htm

It's a good start.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks!

I will most certainly let you all know how it performs.

The track we run on is actually an artificial hockey turf that we set a course down on till a permanent track is built. (Photo attached)

It's fun using this surface because the tire wear is extremely minimal while bite is medium / high depending on weather.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-october-2005-008.jpg  
Old 01-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks!

I will most certainly let you all know how it performs.

The track we run on is actually an artificial hockey turf that we set a course down on till a permanent track is built. (Photo attached)

It's fun using this surface because the tire wear is extremely minimal while bite is medium / high depending on weather.
What type of material is that, astro turf?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

To be honest, I could not say for sure....

What I can say is there is little or no damage done to the cars when it flips. After hitting one of those cones at WOT I flipped about 5ft into the air and rolled about 10 times. Landed on all 4's and simply continued racing.

There is hard foam under the turf that cushions the impact.

Then again, the body I am using at present is not lexan but hard plastic. Very light, but strong. (Photo attached)

I simply interchange the body on all the chassis's I run. Full armored protection.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-jan-2006-021.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-jan-2006-020.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-jan-2006-019.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-jan-2006-018.jpg  
Old 01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

To be honest, I could not say for sure....

What I can say is there is little or no damage done to the cars when it flips. After hitting one of those cones at WOT I flipped about 5ft into the air and rolled about 10 times. Landed on all 4's and simply continued racing.

There is hard foam under the turf that cushions the impact.

Then again, the body I am using at present is not lexan but hard plastic. Very light, but strong. (Photo attached)

I simply interchange the body on all the chassis's I run. Full armored protection.

Okay, first thing:
Get rid of that body for a touring car body, that, will actually help you. Say, a Protoform Mazda 6, Dodge Stratus 3.0, Nemesis or a Parma Alpha body for starters. Go with 40 shore tires (front & rear), then start with the stock settings as 710 baby directed. This should give a good baseline set-up to start.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kewdawg

Okay, first thing:
Get rid of that body for a touring car body, that, will actually help you. Say, a Protoform Mazda 6, Dodge Stratus 3.0, Nemesis or a Parma Alpha body for starters. Go with 40 shore tires (front & rear), then start with the stock settings as 710 baby directed. This should give a good baseline set-up to start.

Not that I doubt you in any way, but what specifically do you think it will improve? Lighter weight or better aero dynamics? I have read why the bodies you mentioned are better and the main reason is shape.

I have been told this by some of the other guys at the track, but to date, I have not broken anything, unlike many of the others. This is the main reason I have held on to it.

At present I use HPI (D) on the front and rear. What do you think of these?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default THAT BODY

YO! YOU HAVE GOT TO GET RID OF THAT BODY AND TRY THE 40'S
Old 01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, Ok I will.

I will purchase a body each in what was mentioned.

Will I need the 190 or 200mm body for both the V One and the 4 Tec?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.