R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #4531
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710baby
Or maybe check your track width it might be 2 long.
I been running the WCE since August & have not had that problem.
When I had the 710 I had the same problem every qualifier the outdrives would crack. What i did to resolve the problem I used some O rings & a little grease & problem solved.
Majority time that this happens is the dogbones have to much play in the outdrive & at high speed the dogbone is bouncing around causing the wear.
I use universals so there is minimum play. The grease helps A LOT and the Tamiya anti-wear grease works the best.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #4532
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Im at 199 front 200 rear
what up Quinn thinking of going to the kyosho cup will I see you there
Hey, George! what-up, big guy! I didn't realize it was you until I saw Brooklyn Hobbies and your name in your signature. My bad. How's Mike M. doing? Tell him I said what's up. I'll be gunning for ya'll at Jackson, again, in the summer. I've got a secret weapon for ya'll, this time. Nah.. my team will be a lot stronger, though. You guys are tough, man! It'll be a blast - can't wait. Hey, you guys should make the trip down to our local track at Hobbytown Usa / Boarderline Skatepark in West chester, Pa. The track is in the back of the building and has a 150 x 80 layout and is pretty smooth. My crew and I planned on coming north to put it down at your track this summer. So, beware.

George, I wasn't up on the Kyosho Cup. When and where, buddy? Maybe, I can get my nitro season started early!

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #4533
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Hey, George! what-up, big guy! I didn't realize it was you until I saw Brooklyn Hobbies and your name in your signature. My bad. How's Mike M. doing? Tell him I said what's up. I'll be gunning for ya'll at Jackson, again, in the summer. I've got a secret weapon for ya'll, this time. Nah.. my team will be a lot stronger, though. You guys are tough, man! It'll be a blast - can't wait. Hey, you guys should make the trip down to our local track at Hobbytown Usa / Boarderline Skatepark in West chester, Pa. The track is in the back of the building and has a 150 x 80 layout and is pretty smooth. My crew and I planned on coming north to put it down at your track this summer. So, beware.

George, I wasn't up on the Kyosho Cup. When and where, buddy? Maybe, I can get my nitro season started early!
Yo Quinn here is the good news Im not in the north anymore I moved to Florida so you will only have mike to deal with. The Kyosho cup is in March in florida at the Kissemee race track. awesome track you would never see any track like this in the Northeast for pics go to www.fsera.com or org this is the track that the nationals were held at. C'Mon step up & race at a great track
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #4534
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yo Quinn here is the good news Im not in the north anymore I moved to Florida so you will only have mike to deal with. The Kyosho cup is in March in florida at the Kissemee race track. awesome track you would never see any track like this in the Northeast for pics go to www.fsera.com or org this is the track that the nationals were held at. C'Mon step up & race at a great track
You lucky dog! Nitro racing year round, beautiful sandy beaches and clear blue water. Doesn't get any better than that, man. I'm so jealous right now. Just went to the thread hear on r/c tech. I may be able to pull it off. I'll keep you posted. Wait a minute.. when did you go Kyosho, Mr. Serpent?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 01-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #4535
Tech Champion

Picked it up @ the GLC @ toledo from josh cyrul's store built it the same day.
Did a all night man you should of went the track was like driving on glass super smooth we had to run 40's & 42's if not traction roll big time.
All I can say it was like night & day when I first drove it.
Loved it so much bought the evolva 05 when I got back to Brooklyn.
Florida is nice but not as much racing like the northeast but they have some really nice tracks. Will be attending the Florida state series got a little taste of the comp on the 1st day of the year at this track in Clearwater florida speedline 2 hour drive but well worth it. Qualified 5th in the A main had 1st locked in the A for more than 1/2 of the race & stripped my 2nd gear fell back to 3rd I think im going to have to recheck my bearrings to make sure it is not heating up anything & recheck the pinion & gear set up I think the spread was to much or to less. 17&23 pinion with 55/61 what do you think
Old 01-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #4536
Tech Elite

Quote:
Picked it up @ the GLC @ toledo from josh cyrul's store built it the same day.
Did a all night man you should of went the track was like driving on glass super smooth we had to run 40's & 42's if not traction roll big time.
All I can say it was like night & day when I first drove it.
Loved it so much bought the evolva 05 when I got back to Brooklyn.
Florida is nice but not as much racing like the northeast but they have some really nice tracks. Will be attending the Florida state series got a little taste of the comp on the 1st day of the year at this track in Clearwater florida speedline 2 hour drive but well worth it. Qualified 5th in the A main had 1st locked in the A for more than 1/2 of the race 7 stripped my 2nd gear fell back to 3rd I think im going to have to recheck my bearrings to make sure it is not heating up anything & recheck the pinion & gear set up I think the spread was to much or to less. 17&23 pinion with 55/61 what do you think
Yeah, it sounds like too big a jump between gears. The pinion gears are a little soft, so, having them spool up and banging between 1st and second like that can wear them out a lot quicker. The tracks in this area are pretty much in the same ballpark, sizewise, so I haven't had to play with gears too much. I, normally, just change the spurs for more top end on the bigger tracks. The layouts, typically, don't have long straights between corners and aren't sweeping corners either. So, using bigger pinions don't play a part. But hey, I'm no gearing expert for nitro cars.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #4537
Tech Champion

More of the gear changes was done for runtime since Im running a new Carlsen modified motor. The track was pretty big & very technical was getting 4.45 runtime with the motor thinking of going to a 22 to see if this cures the issue since the track im going to next sunday is not all that big & plenty of room to make clean passes I think the straightaway is about 120 or less
Old 01-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #4538
Tech Elite

Quote:
More of the gear changes was done for runtime since Im running a new Carlsen modified motor. The track was pretty big & very technical was getting 4.45 runtime with the motor thinking of going to a 22 to see if this cures the issue since the track im going to next sunday is not all that big & plenty of room to make clean passes I think the straightaway is about 120 or less
If, you're not already, try running more fuel tubing or fuel line filters.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #4539
Tech Elite

These newer "hot" modified engines suck up a lot of fuel. They're very thirsty.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #4540
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
If, you're not already, try running more fuel tubing or fuel line filters.
It's more on the motor due to the modding my otheer teammate is getting the same runtime it's the boring of the crank.
? did'nt you get picked up by trinity & how do you feel about the sirio motors compared to the power me & mike were running @ Jackson I was thinking of picking one up & have carlsen do some mods to it. we did some testing on the Nova rossi,mega picco,topps after carlsen modded them out so far the nova rossi came ahead with the best top end
Old 01-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #4541
Tech Elite

Quote:
It's more on the motor due to the modding my otheer teammate is getting the same runtime it's the boring of the crank.
? did'nt you get picked up by trinity & how do you feel about the sirio motors compared to the power me & mike were running @ Jackson I was thinking of picking one up & have carlsen do some mods to it. we did some testing on the Nova rossi,mega picco,topps after carlsen modded them out so far the nova rossi came ahead with the best top end
Nah.. I haven't been picked up by them. I was running the World Championship Replica .12 Sirio Evo 2. The engined ripped didn't it?! The new Sirio Evo 3 is just as powerful (if, not more) and more durable. definitely worth trying. Keep posted.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #4542
Tech Elite

George,
from what I remember, your motors were really strong at the end of the powerband (killer straightaway speed!). You didn't seem to have a lot of snap out of the corners, though. I was able to narrow or lengthen the gap between myself and other cars by getting on the gas for a moment to launch my car from corner to corner. I was able to get back on the gas in sections of the track where others had to let off or start braking and I used the engines insane torque to my advantage.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #4543
Tech Champion

Yeah that's was one of the problems I experienced with the 710 in corners I really had to let off in tight corners for some reason at jackson the car on high bite tracks was hard with corner speed but on a more wider track it was all about entry & exit I tried everything you can do but when i went to the triple R the car just had more steering & better corner speed,real good snap from the line I noticed the difference when testing even tire diameter it equalize entry & exit & when i went to the 2mm difference I realized how much more on power steering the car gave me which I really liked since i like to dirve hard on power into any turn. Next time Im going to try that set up that you use with the gear diff in the front on tight tracks
Old 01-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #4544
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
that set up that you use with the gear diff in the front on tight tracks

Go on - share the love!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #4545
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

concerning the wear of the outdrives-

would it help any to put something on the drive pin like the irs pin coushin? something like srinkwrap, maybe?

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote