R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2005, 03:33 AM   #4456
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Seems like a new car is coming out soon alright...
Mine has already arrived in Germany ready for me for when I get back after my christmas break

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #4457
Tech Master
 
drfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver Wa usa
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdav
There you go Tom, get it, I need teammate this summer, gota do something with all those mugan guys.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #4458
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Yeah, it's CRAP!
Just wondering, but what makes it crap, what do you loose when you go to a solid rear? No traction?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:30 AM   #4459
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ..... still far from heaven!
Posts: 1,407
Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Seems like a new car is coming out soon alright...
new V1-RRR ?
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:31 AM   #4460
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickvanovs
new V1-RRR ?
There are just some small modifications - may only be the tank and the tank lid. I have to wait until I get back to Germany to get my hands on my new one, but one of my team mates will have his in the next couple of days. When I find out what the new bits are, I will let you know.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:55 AM   #4461
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

I think the fuel tank lid is the only change.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #4462
Tech Master
 
drfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver Wa usa
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Just wondering, but what makes it crap, what do you loose when you go to a solid rear? No traction?
all rear traction in the corners, a sedan body does not have the down force, maybe with alittle work you might be able to get one to work, I never had the track time to get mine to work. talk to the 1/8 scale guys for setups
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:51 PM   #4463
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default front spool diff q

hey guys
when using the front spool diff on a tight twisty track, is it best to use the 12 ackerman plate ?

i have the diff case shaved down so it doenst hit the standard ackerman plate.

what are some good setup tips for using the spool diff

thanks
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #4464
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,430
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdav
My latest car from RC Champ (that arrived just before x-mas) has the same cat number as that car (31258) as does the car I got earlier in the year.

My latest kit has the updated tank but apart form that, first impressions tell me it's still the same RRR WC that we all know.
__________________
TOP GEAR R/C
EAST COAST HOBBIES
Craig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:04 AM   #4465
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1
My latest car from RC Champ (that arrived just before x-mas) has the same cat number as that car (31258) as does the car I got earlier in the year.

My latest kit has the updated tank but apart form that, first impressions tell me it's still the same RRR WC that we all know.
Hi Craig,
Have you built the new car yet ?
Does the clutch endplay tool make doing the clutch easier ?
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:25 AM   #4466
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,430
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4
Hi Craig,
Have you built the new car yet ?
Does the clutch endplay tool make doing the clutch easier ?
No just plain too busy :-(

I've started to reassemble my other car into a complete WC though.

The new car will probably be built up for the pre-worlds with the older one used for practice etc.

Was Santa good to you?
__________________
TOP GEAR R/C
EAST COAST HOBBIES
Craig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:16 AM   #4467
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ..... still far from heaven!
Posts: 1,407
Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1
My latest car from RC Champ (that arrived just before x-mas) has the same cat number as that car (31258) as does the car I got earlier in the year.

My latest kit has the updated tank but apart form that, first impressions tell me it's still the same RRR WC that we all know.
im new to rc and i bought v1-rrr 2 months ago as my first rc
i just wondering do i get the new tank? or is it only come in the WC edition?
whats wrong with the previous tank?
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #4468
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,430
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickvanovs
im new to rc and i bought v1-rrr 2 months ago as my first rc
i just wondering do i get the new tank? or is it only come in the WC edition?
whats wrong with the previous tank?
Nothing too much wrong with the tank it's self, it was probably just a little too firmly mounted to the top deck so once the top deck flexed a bit it could split the seam of the tank.

The WC top deck has an longated mount holes for the tank so it sort of gives a little. All you do is not do up the mounting screws for the tank too tight.

The lid of the tank (or the seal to be exact) was another matter. Many people were happy with theirs, but I'm yet to talk to one person who hasn't had some issues with it.

I had three tanks and all of them were crap. I ended up making my own seals.

The newer kits come with an updated seal that is a sort of orange colour.

It would seem to confirm what a lot of people said, that the seal was a problem.
__________________
TOP GEAR R/C
EAST COAST HOBBIES
Craig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #4469
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1
No just plain too busy :-(

I've started to reassemble my other car into a complete WC though.

The new car will probably be built up for the pre-worlds with the older one used for practice etc.

Was Santa good to you?
Yeah Santa was good... Nothing RC
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #4470
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ..... still far from heaven!
Posts: 1,407
Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1
Nothing too much wrong with the tank it's self, it was probably just a little too firmly mounted to the top deck so once the top deck flexed a bit it could split the seam of the tank.

The WC top deck has an longated mount holes for the tank so it sort of gives a little. All you do is not do up the mounting screws for the tank too tight.

The lid of the tank (or the seal to be exact) was another matter. Many people were happy with theirs, but I'm yet to talk to one person who hasn't had some issues with it.

I had three tanks and all of them were crap. I ended up making my own seals.

The newer kits come with an updated seal that is a sort of orange colour.

It would seem to confirm what a lot of people said, that the seal was a problem.

thx for the info
my tank seal is black, i guess i still got the old version tank
but no problem so far... hope there will be no tank problem
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net