Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
Your car looks like its been wired up by a chimpanzee.

Ive never had switch failure, maybe thats because I look after my car/s.

Heres some real wiring.............

Later....... enjoy crashing.
I don't want to interupt with the arguement there but crashing is something Kyle doesn't do a lot of and as for car prep, you'd go a long way to find someone better.

I'm glad that you have never experienced a switch failure, the car being turned off due to a collision or a marshall inadvertantly turning your car off when he tries to do his job. But I have and so have a lot of other people I know who now don't use a switch as it just eliminates one more thing that can go wrong.

I wish I could trust a switch as it would be convenient but you learn from your mistakes, so no switch.

Last edited by Craig1; 12-09-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
for crystal it should be a good starting point with rev you will probably have to go to harder tires around this time with the cold weather.
I'll have the right tires for both tracks, basically just wondering how good the setup is..
Old 12-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I'll have the right tires for both tracks, basically just wondering how good the setup is..

sorry, misread the post the RRR kit setup shouldn't be too far off for both tracks. the only thing you would probably want to adjust is the droop settings. flatter for rev and oposite for crystal.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Francis is right, droop is the most drastic change between the two tracks. You want a lot of droop at Crystal. I was running 1 in the rear and -1 in the front last time at Crystal Park.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Randy when are you going to come race at Revelation?
Old 12-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Craig1
I don't want to interupt with the arguement there but crashing is something Kyle doesn't do a lot of and as for car prep, you'd go a long way to find someone better.

I`ll second that.....I`d rate Kyle up there in the top echelon of racers in this country and you dont get to that level by not having an understanding of how to wire/setup/ etc etc a car.
Cheers
Old 12-09-2005, 11:49 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonal
Wad

i wait the kit and don't know the number of teth on rear differential...but
not think only 22....

Bye
Sorry, I meant 42
Old 12-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
I`ll second that.....I`d rate Kyle up there in the top echelon of racers in this country and you dont get to that level by not having an understanding of how to wire/setup/ etc etc a car.
Cheers

Ok guys, no problems.

But there are others in this world too that know their stuff !

As with most stuff in life.... its each to thier own.

Ross
Old 12-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Guys...

Couple of questions for you today

1st... I am using a Futaba 9550 low profile servo for the steering and i have used the 1mm spacer behind the servo. I noticed today that at the end of the travel the servo horn seems to rub on the top deck??? Should i have used the 2.5mm spacer instead?

2nd...

As i am going to be running on rubbers tyres, i have changed the front pulley over to the 24T with the corresponding belt... But it is very loose, and i am worried about it skipping.

Look forward to seeing some responses..

BB
Old 12-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hey Guys...

Couple of questions for you today

1st... I am using a Futaba 9550 low profile servo for the steering and i have used the 1mm spacer behind the servo. I noticed today that at the end of the travel the servo horn seems to rub on the top deck??? Should i have used the 2.5mm spacer instead?

2nd...

As i am going to be running on rubbers tyres, i have changed the front pulley over to the 24T with the corresponding belt... But it is very loose, and i am worried about it skipping.

Look forward to seeing some responses..

BB
Hey bundy bear

i have used both futaba s9550 and s9451 and the 2.5 mm spacer works best as it gives enough clearance from the top deck opening.

i to am using the 24T side pulley but i run foams and i use the 387T belt and although it does seem abit loose but really its fine as when the car is being acccelerated the belt actually tensions as it rotates. Some will tell you to run the side belt as loose as possible to free up the car, a more efficent drivetrain equals more top speed, better fuel economy and lower engine temps
Old 12-11-2005, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommi
Thanks again, I just tried driving with the stock setting at Glenmarie yesterday night, the track wasn't 100% dried after a light drizzling, but the car handled great. Will try out different setups thru time, but at the moment, based on the outcome of my run yesterday, I gotta stick with the one-way for a while to figure out the best setup and the dynamics of it. Are u still with the NTC3?
Yup, still with my NTC3. Still working well for me. Tips, when driving 1 way, brake earlier and also power out earlier. Dont pump the gas like pink, do it smoothly and very importantly to take good racing line. Before running in a race, walk around the track or plan your racing line before racing.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey people, i got my RRR for sale for anyone interested, have a look cause its pretty cheap!:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93435
Old 12-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

hello out there, this is victor from madrid-spain, this is my first post and i want to say hi to all you, so, i want to know where i can to find the
K FACTORY optionals parts for my RRR:

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/prolis...01120805-97109

these parts are hard to find here in spain, please if anybody got these optional parts, let me know where found them, wich shop ?

thats all for the moment, thanxxxx
Old 12-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tifosi_es
hello out there, this is victor from madrid-spain, this is my first post and i want to say hi to all you, so, i want to know where i can to find the
K FACTORY optionals parts for my RRR:

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/prolis...01120805-97109

these parts are hard to find here in spain, please if anybody got these optional parts, let me know where found them, wich shop ?

thats all for the moment, thanxxxx

try rcmart.com or shopping.rcmodel.hk

they ship anywhere around the globe and they're the cheapest place you can find hop-ups for Asian products.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spawn
Yup, still with my NTC3. Still working well for me. Tips, when driving 1 way, brake earlier and also power out earlier. Dont pump the gas like pink, do it smoothly and very importantly to take good racing line. Before running in a race, walk around the track or plan your racing line before racing.
Actually I was quite worried about driving one-way on belts with antiroll bar for the first time...never had the experience of driving on one-way and arb when I was with my NTC3. But last Thursday I got the chance to run the RRR properly at Glenmarie, the results was very satisfying. Before that run, I actually practised driving with the one-way on VRC... ...it helps! I managed to follow the pace of Chua and Pink on that track, which was also my very first time running there...the car IS good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.