R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-30-2005, 11:04 PM   #4306
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

dodo, Timox, BrainTeased, Racing4Evo, thanks a lot for you guys' inputs, appreciate it. You guys are right, it's all about getting the right tool for the right job. Bizzarre is that 3 out of 3 philps screwdrivers I had in my rc toolbox did not do the job well, and was I laughing when I looked into my dad's old toolbox yesterday night, found and fetched out a philips screwdriver, and it does the job WAY better than the rc tools i had! And that driver only cost less than 1USD!
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #4307
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
dodo, Timox, BrainTeased, Racing4Evo, thanks a lot for you guys' inputs, appreciate it. You guys are right, it's all about getting the right tool for the right job. Bizzarre is that 3 out of 3 philps screwdrivers I had in my rc toolbox did not do the job well, and was I laughing when I looked into my dad's old toolbox yesterday night, found and fetched out a philips screwdriver, and it does the job WAY better than the rc tools i had! And that driver only cost less than 1USD!
see.... good that you haven't spent money on HUDY tools... now you have more to spent on other parts...
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 AM   #4308
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Randy, other than the rear shock tower, I'd order some rear uprights, rear arms, hinge pins, belts and gears. If you are building the car, I would also strongly recommend that you use the evolva harden pivot balls (may already been included in the WC). They weight the same but much tougher than the stock ones.
hi Jeff are the evolva harden pivot balls the black coated ones?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:44 AM   #4309
Tech Adept

I would recommend the kyosho tools. Since I bought them I did not destroy or have problem with any screw. Expensive though. What you really need for RRR is philips +1 and +2, hex 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5. All the rest type of screws do not request this high quality tools. They cost about $20-$30 each, so about $150 all together. Their code starts with the ykw, i.e. ykw006.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 AM   #4310
Tech Elite

...there are more advice I need from you guys... The deal I had is quite a good one, it's a WCE which the owner had already further upgraded it with Boca ceramic bearings.

That aside...I had already did a search in this thread about the springs...the shorter, less coil spring is stiffer (which is to be used on the front as stated in the manual), while the longer more coil (softer) to be used on the rear...correct me if I'm wrong? I'm thinking...could I use the SHORTER for the REAR and the LONGER for the FRONT? My concern is that besides the INTENDED difference in spring stiffness by using the LONGER one for FRONT and SHORTER for the REAR, are there any other effects of doing that?

Another thing, just to make sure...(as this is quite a whole new area for me to explore jumping from a simple shaft driven car to a much more complicated belt car... )...I already have a diff housing and the solid adapter, what else do I need to have a front solid? Is a diff joint all I need? Any other that I need? Screws? Nuts? Pins? Thanks again!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 AM   #4311
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
I would recommend the kyosho tools. Since I bought them I did not destroy or have problem with any screw. Expensive though. What you really need for RRR is philips +1 and +2, hex 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5. All the rest type of screws do not request this high quality tools. They cost about $20-$30 each, so about $150 all together. Their code starts with the ykw, i.e. ykw006.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:40 AM   #4312
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTeased
hi Jeff are the evolva harden pivot balls the black coated ones?
Yes. They are fantastic and they never break. I've had the regular ones bend or break all together on my FW05RR and RRR. Once I swithed to the black one I haven't had one problem yet.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #4313
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=tommi

Another thing, just to make sure...(as this is quite a whole new area for me to explore jumping from a simple shaft driven car to a much more complicated belt car... )...I already have a diff housing and the solid adapter, what else do I need to have a front solid? Is a diff joint all I need? Any other that I need? Screws? Nuts? Pins? Thanks again! [/QUOTE]
If youre going to run a solid front diff....i`d highly recommend getting the 3-Racing solid axle adaptor....its aluminium and wont strip like the plastic one thats included with the kit.
You`ll need a pulley to fit the front solid....its the same as the one on the front one way, but its fitted with out the side glued on (this allows clearance).
You`ll also need the screws to hold the diff casing together, and spacers for the servo saver to allow the diff to clear it.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #4314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Yes. They are fantastic and they never break. I've had the regular ones bend or break all together on my FW05RR and RRR. Once I swithed to the black one I haven't had one problem yet.
Agreed, the black ones are indestructible from my experience.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #4315
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Can you plz provide the part number ? thx a lot
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #4316
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
Can you plz provide the part number ? thx a lot
i think it's fm337
Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #4317
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i tried couple shops and cannot seem to fm337.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #4318
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
i tried couple shops and cannot seem to fm337.
hmm strange... but pretty sure it's the correct product code....
Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 PM   #4319
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It is FM337
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #4320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Who make's good aftermarket wheel hex's for the RRR with 1 to 2mm offset's?
i would like to get some for the rear wheels.
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote