R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #4081
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

To tell you the truth I hope not!! I have turned into a car junkie I'm going to need a 12 step program if I get any more cars. Unless the car is really cool or innovative....then just one more.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #4082
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

guys, do you think this will fit in RRR?

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kyosho/Kit188
luketob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #4083
Tech Master

I know the axles and diff case bearings are the same because I have several RR Evo's. I am pretty sure the main and mid shaft bearings are the same also.

JEFF
Old 10-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #4084
Tech Rookie

Default V1RRR wiring issue etc

Just got a V1RRR and facing some problems with wiring especially for battery wire, receiver wire and servo wires. It just looks messy and all over the place.

Which is best location to put or relocate the wires so that it is neat and tidy? I am not using any on/off switch so that battery wire connector goes straight into the receiver.

At the same time, some of my receiver batteries have different length wires, so would it be better to get extension wires???

It would be good if you can send me some pictures which illustrates better.

And next problem is that I am using Futaba S9451 digital servo for throttle and Sanwa ERG-WRX for steering. It seems that the horn is always brushing on the servo itself for the throttle. For the steering, the horn is always brushing the carbon fibre upper deck. Is there any way to solve this ?

Thanks guys for the advice to this newbie.
Tigerluvbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #4085
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerluvbm
Just got a V1RRR and facing some problems with wiring especially for battery wire, receiver wire and servo wires. It just looks messy and all over the place.

Which is best location to put or relocate the wires so that it is neat and tidy? I am not using any on/off switch so that battery wire connector goes straight into the receiver.

At the same time, some of my receiver batteries have different length wires, so would it be better to get extension wires???

It would be good if you can send me some pictures which illustrates better.

And next problem is that I am using Futaba S9451 digital servo for throttle and Sanwa ERG-WRX for steering. It seems that the horn is always brushing on the servo itself for the throttle. For the steering, the horn is always brushing the carbon fibre upper deck. Is there any way to solve this ?

hey Tigerluvbm,

i shortened all my wires to servo's and battery pack to be as long as they needed to be. before you do that or didnt want to do that you will have to route the wires by looping them up and back before taking them to the receiver. my steering servo wasnt too bad, i think i tucked it on its side between the tank and back of throtle servo. as for throttle servo i routed that between the top throttle servo the receiver mount - towards the front of this thread there is more detail about wire routing.

as for servo horn problem, sounds like your horn isnt coming far enough off of the servo (offset) enough and is therefore dragging on the receiver mount, same simptom for steering servo horn, if it doesnt come far enough off the horn the top of the horn will rub on the graphite top deck. q-world alloy servo horns should solve your problem if you dont have any others to try.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:21 AM   #4086
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I know the axles and diff case bearings are the same because I have several RR Evo's. I am pretty sure the main and mid shaft bearings are the same also.
cool thanks man! What's the benefit using ceramic bearings? Are they really that obvious in performance?
luketob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #4087
Tech Master

Ceramic bearings are really smooth and I use them on carpet touring cars but not sure about nitro. Nitro racing is pretty tough on bearings in general. Maybe someone else out there has used them on nitro touring cars with success?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #4088
Tech Elite

When I encountered this problem I added another servo spacer that comes with the kit and it spaced the horn away from the top plate.
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:13 AM   #4089
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Ceramic bearings are really smooth and I use them on carpet touring cars but not sure about nitro. Nitro racing is pretty tough on bearings in general. Maybe someone else out there has used them on nitro touring cars with success?
I wouldn't use ceramic bearings on a nitro car. Bearing on nitro cars needs to be replaced on a regular basis and ceramics are just more expensive. Having enough power the benefit of ceramic bearings is minimum if any at all.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:49 PM   #4090
Tech Adept

Default found the problem

Hi guys.....

I found the push problem a lil too late today almost on the last leg so couldnt really try it there.... well let me just tell you what it was...

The springs i am using are too big for the front (92491 yellow) so if i tighten the adjuster the height increases to lower the hgt. i obviously loosened them and thus the springs were not working.

2nd thing i did now was that i was using the inner hole on the fr. shock stay which restricted the wheels to touch the ground while on power turning, so now i swithed to the outer hole.. This has made the car a way bit tall in the front... or higher. Fact is that this looks like the lowest i can go with this setup which is not good.. so i came home and was thinking what i could do to reduce the height ?? without going back to where i was initially and use the same yellow spring from 92491 Kyosho set.

I think i could use the lower holes in the front lower sus arms this is where the lower shock ball joint sits... now my qs.. is that, would this effect on the traction or not or just lenghten the shock travel downwards ?

or should i do something else ........ which you would have to tell me !!
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 PM   #4091
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
Hi guys.....

I found the push problem a lil too late today almost on the last leg so couldnt really try it there.... well let me just tell you what it was...

The springs i am using are too big for the front (92491 yellow) so if i tighten the adjuster the height increases to lower the hgt. i obviously loosened them and thus the springs were not working.

2nd thing i did now was that i was using the inner hole on the fr. shock stay which restricted the wheels to touch the ground while on power turning, so now i swithed to the outer hole.. This has made the car a way bit tall in the front... or higher. Fact is that this looks like the lowest i can go with this setup which is not good.. so i came home and was thinking what i could do to reduce the height ?? without going back to where i was initially and use the same yellow spring from 92491 Kyosho set.

I think i could use the lower holes in the front lower sus arms this is where the lower shock ball joint sits... now my qs.. is that, would this effect on the traction or not or just lenghten the shock travel downwards ?

or should i do something else ........ which you would have to tell me !!
The RRR cam with black front and gold rear springs. If you need more traction you can use silver front and black rear. You can also lay down the shock more on the shock towers. The yellow spring is probably not designed for this car and I'd just stick with the ones that are.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #4092
Tech Regular

Default Ceramic Bearings??

I use ceramic bearings on my RRR. If you maintain them during the racing cycle, your car will have no drag at all. My car is so free, it feels if there are no belts on the car. With the speeds that nitro cars are running today, ceramics are great because they can withstand the heat generated from the high number of revolutions they encounter during racing. Ceramics should last longer if properly maintained!
Desoto Racing
Team Gravity
bighurt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 PM   #4093
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerluvbm

Are you using the correct servo horn for the Futaba S9451? I`m using the Futaba horn and it hasnt had any issues with it brushing the against the servo.
In regards to the Sanwa steering servo....have you used the correct spacers?
When used on the steering servo, both the Sanwa & Futaba 9451 servos need a thicker spacer when theyre being mounted (2.5mm)....check the top right corner of page 23 of the manual and you`ll see which spacers you need.....the steering servo will scrub the top deck if youre not using the correct ones.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:45 AM   #4094
Tech Rookie

Are you using the correct servo horn for the Futaba S9451? I`m using the Futaba horn and it hasnt had any issues with it brushing the against the servo.
In regards to the Sanwa steering servo....have you used the correct spacers?
When used on the steering servo, both the Sanwa & Futaba 9451 servos need a thicker spacer when theyre being mounted (2.5mm)....check the top right corner of page 23 of the manual and you`ll see which spacers you need.....the steering servo will scrub the top deck if youre not using the correct ones.
Cheers

>> The original servo horn by the Futaba S9451 is not able to fit the ball joint screw so I decided to use another servo horn which will accept the ball screw. Have been advised to adjust the Throttle EPA on my transmitter. Now it does brush and hope its ok.

>> As for the Sanwa steering, as advised by you I used additional spacer so now its ok.

Thanks a mil !
Tigerluvbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #4095
Tech Adept

your car looks good I might get one too! " luketob"
cooldude is offline   Reply With Quote