R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #4081
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default

To tell you the truth I hope not!! I have turned into a car junkie I'm going to need a 12 step program if I get any more cars. Unless the car is really cool or innovative....then just one more.
__________________
Thanks to our sponsors: Desoto Racing, Serpent, Ielasi Tuned, HobbyWing, Byron's Fuel, Matrix Tires, Protoform, Futaba, www.LEFComplex.com
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #4082
Tech Addict
 
luketob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Beautiful Socal
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

guys, do you think this will fit in RRR?

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kyosho/Kit188
luketob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #4083
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default

I know the axles and diff case bearings are the same because I have several RR Evo's. I am pretty sure the main and mid shaft bearings are the same also.

JEFF
__________________
Thanks to our sponsors: Desoto Racing, Serpent, Ielasi Tuned, HobbyWing, Byron's Fuel, Matrix Tires, Protoform, Futaba, www.LEFComplex.com
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #4084
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 16
Default V1RRR wiring issue etc

Just got a V1RRR and facing some problems with wiring especially for battery wire, receiver wire and servo wires. It just looks messy and all over the place.

Which is best location to put or relocate the wires so that it is neat and tidy? I am not using any on/off switch so that battery wire connector goes straight into the receiver.

At the same time, some of my receiver batteries have different length wires, so would it be better to get extension wires???

It would be good if you can send me some pictures which illustrates better.

And next problem is that I am using Futaba S9451 digital servo for throttle and Sanwa ERG-WRX for steering. It seems that the horn is always brushing on the servo itself for the throttle. For the steering, the horn is always brushing the carbon fibre upper deck. Is there any way to solve this ?

Thanks guys for the advice to this newbie.
Tigerluvbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #4085
Tech Addict
 
Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Send a message via MSN to Dynamite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerluvbm
Just got a V1RRR and facing some problems with wiring especially for battery wire, receiver wire and servo wires. It just looks messy and all over the place.

Which is best location to put or relocate the wires so that it is neat and tidy? I am not using any on/off switch so that battery wire connector goes straight into the receiver.

At the same time, some of my receiver batteries have different length wires, so would it be better to get extension wires???

It would be good if you can send me some pictures which illustrates better.

And next problem is that I am using Futaba S9451 digital servo for throttle and Sanwa ERG-WRX for steering. It seems that the horn is always brushing on the servo itself for the throttle. For the steering, the horn is always brushing the carbon fibre upper deck. Is there any way to solve this ?

Thanks guys for the advice to this newbie.
hey Tigerluvbm,

i shortened all my wires to servo's and battery pack to be as long as they needed to be. before you do that or didnt want to do that you will have to route the wires by looping them up and back before taking them to the receiver. my steering servo wasnt too bad, i think i tucked it on its side between the tank and back of throtle servo. as for throttle servo i routed that between the top throttle servo the receiver mount - towards the front of this thread there is more detail about wire routing.

as for servo horn problem, sounds like your horn isnt coming far enough off of the servo (offset) enough and is therefore dragging on the receiver mount, same simptom for steering servo horn, if it doesnt come far enough off the horn the top of the horn will rub on the graphite top deck. q-world alloy servo horns should solve your problem if you dont have any others to try.
__________________
www.racingfactory.org
Kyosho RRR Evo | Sirio Evo III STI | Ko Radio
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:21 AM   #4086
Tech Addict
 
luketob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Beautiful Socal
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I know the axles and diff case bearings are the same because I have several RR Evo's. I am pretty sure the main and mid shaft bearings are the same also.
cool thanks man! What's the benefit using ceramic bearings? Are they really that obvious in performance?
luketob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #4087
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default

Ceramic bearings are really smooth and I use them on carpet touring cars but not sure about nitro. Nitro racing is pretty tough on bearings in general. Maybe someone else out there has used them on nitro touring cars with success?
__________________
Thanks to our sponsors: Desoto Racing, Serpent, Ielasi Tuned, HobbyWing, Byron's Fuel, Matrix Tires, Protoform, Futaba, www.LEFComplex.com
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #4088
Tech Elite
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,925
Default

When I encountered this problem I added another servo spacer that comes with the kit and it spaced the horn away from the top plate.
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:13 AM   #4089
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Ceramic bearings are really smooth and I use them on carpet touring cars but not sure about nitro. Nitro racing is pretty tough on bearings in general. Maybe someone else out there has used them on nitro touring cars with success?
I wouldn't use ceramic bearings on a nitro car. Bearing on nitro cars needs to be replaced on a regular basis and ceramics are just more expensive. Having enough power the benefit of ceramic bearings is minimum if any at all.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:49 PM   #4090
Tech Adept
 
uaerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UAE
Posts: 236
Default found the problem

Hi guys.....

I found the push problem a lil too late today almost on the last leg so couldnt really try it there.... well let me just tell you what it was...

The springs i am using are too big for the front (92491 yellow) so if i tighten the adjuster the height increases to lower the hgt. i obviously loosened them and thus the springs were not working.

2nd thing i did now was that i was using the inner hole on the fr. shock stay which restricted the wheels to touch the ground while on power turning, so now i swithed to the outer hole.. This has made the car a way bit tall in the front... or higher. Fact is that this looks like the lowest i can go with this setup which is not good.. so i came home and was thinking what i could do to reduce the height ?? without going back to where i was initially and use the same yellow spring from 92491 Kyosho set.

I think i could use the lower holes in the front lower sus arms this is where the lower shock ball joint sits... now my qs.. is that, would this effect on the traction or not or just lenghten the shock travel downwards ?

or should i do something else ........ which you would have to tell me !!
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 PM   #4091
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
Hi guys.....

I found the push problem a lil too late today almost on the last leg so couldnt really try it there.... well let me just tell you what it was...

The springs i am using are too big for the front (92491 yellow) so if i tighten the adjuster the height increases to lower the hgt. i obviously loosened them and thus the springs were not working.

2nd thing i did now was that i was using the inner hole on the fr. shock stay which restricted the wheels to touch the ground while on power turning, so now i swithed to the outer hole.. This has made the car a way bit tall in the front... or higher. Fact is that this looks like the lowest i can go with this setup which is not good.. so i came home and was thinking what i could do to reduce the height ?? without going back to where i was initially and use the same yellow spring from 92491 Kyosho set.

I think i could use the lower holes in the front lower sus arms this is where the lower shock ball joint sits... now my qs.. is that, would this effect on the traction or not or just lenghten the shock travel downwards ?

or should i do something else ........ which you would have to tell me !!
The RRR cam with black front and gold rear springs. If you need more traction you can use silver front and black rear. You can also lay down the shock more on the shock towers. The yellow spring is probably not designed for this car and I'd just stick with the ones that are.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #4092
Tech Regular
 
bighurt98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 496
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Ceramic Bearings??

I use ceramic bearings on my RRR. If you maintain them during the racing cycle, your car will have no drag at all. My car is so free, it feels if there are no belts on the car. With the speeds that nitro cars are running today, ceramics are great because they can withstand the heat generated from the high number of revolutions they encounter during racing. Ceramics should last longer if properly maintained!
__________________
Capricorn C03/Matrix Tires/Novarossi
Capricorn RC USA/RC Target
Murnan Modified Motors
Desoto Racing
Team Gravity
bighurt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 PM   #4093
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerluvbm
.

And next problem is that I am using Futaba S9451 digital servo for throttle and Sanwa ERG-WRX for steering. It seems that the horn is always brushing on the servo itself for the throttle. For the steering, the horn is always brushing the carbon fibre upper deck. Is there any way to solve this ?

Thanks guys for the advice to this newbie.
Are you using the correct servo horn for the Futaba S9451? I`m using the Futaba horn and it hasnt had any issues with it brushing the against the servo.
In regards to the Sanwa steering servo....have you used the correct spacers?
When used on the steering servo, both the Sanwa & Futaba 9451 servos need a thicker spacer when theyre being mounted (2.5mm)....check the top right corner of page 23 of the manual and you`ll see which spacers you need.....the steering servo will scrub the top deck if youre not using the correct ones.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:45 AM   #4094
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Are you using the correct servo horn for the Futaba S9451? I`m using the Futaba horn and it hasnt had any issues with it brushing the against the servo.
In regards to the Sanwa steering servo....have you used the correct spacers?
When used on the steering servo, both the Sanwa & Futaba 9451 servos need a thicker spacer when theyre being mounted (2.5mm)....check the top right corner of page 23 of the manual and you`ll see which spacers you need.....the steering servo will scrub the top deck if youre not using the correct ones.
Cheers

>> The original servo horn by the Futaba S9451 is not able to fit the ball joint screw so I decided to use another servo horn which will accept the ball screw. Have been advised to adjust the Throttle EPA on my transmitter. Now it does brush and hope its ok.

>> As for the Sanwa steering, as advised by you I used additional spacer so now its ok.


Thanks a mil !
Tigerluvbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #4095
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: california
Posts: 243
Default

your car looks good I might get one too! " luketob"
cooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net