R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-14-2005, 08:57 PM   #4051
Tech Master

Ok, I took another look at the thrust assy, it looks like he replaced the thrust ball ring assy and installed in it's place a bronze/brass bushing, is this some kind of mod? looks like a heat maker to me, i have only ever run the ball ring style thrust assy in my vone rr's, the bell housing on the other hand is history, theres no way to get the outer bearing race out. does any body make a after market pinion wrench?
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:07 PM   #4052
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
Ok, I took another look at the thrust assy, it looks like he replaced the thrust ball ring assy and installed in it's place a bronze/brass bushing, is this some kind of mod? looks like a heat maker to me, i have only ever run the ball ring style thrust assy in my vone rr's, the bell housing on the other hand is history, theres no way to get the outer bearing race out. does any body make a after market pinion wrench?
Sounds like the one you got has been abused. You'd be better off getting a new clutch bell and thrust bearing or even the entire clutch assembly.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:46 AM   #4053
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
PS whats the best gearing for a small tight track... with a couple of short straights.

Regards
Ziizo
standard gearing i found works fine on our home track which sounds similar to your track, our home track is more suited to electric onroad but we still manage to launch our gp tourers around fairly quickly

17/61 first
21/56 second
Old 10-15-2005, 07:22 AM   #4054
Tech Adept

i was at the track last night... played without changing the oil left it for this week. but i had push problems while on power turning.. need help in sorting that out...may b my front springs are soft. yellow from the 92491 kyosho set of spring.....

Other problem i faced with my Sirio evo2 was that it kept reaching temps of 143 c i was amazed coz it was 110 or 105 when i was racing at the parking lot with the same setting......? After the first run i richened it 1/4 and a bit more turn still it was on 138....even with a quarter turn...... then i richened a low end aswell and the car started to bog slightly in the mid range.....but the temp was now at 128 after just two straights burst not like previously it was couple of laps..... ?

Now would it be coz its on the track is short and hardly it gets to put the 2nd gear except for the two straights.....or is it just my seting ? gearing ? shimming ??

Dynamite.....

Thanks... but i think thats the stock gearing i am using right now..isnt it? , you are right this is fast for my track as well its difficult to get the car in control on the turns coz of the sand !

Last edited by uaerc; 10-15-2005 at 07:42 AM.
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #4055
Tech Master

Check the exhaust gasket for seal and also the pressure pipe. Also maybe the tank lid may be leaking. If the pressure is the exhaust system is low it leans out the engine and you will get increased temp

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:37 AM   #4056
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
i was at the track last night... played without changing the oil left it for this week. but i had push problems while on power turning.. need help in sorting that out...may b my front springs are soft. yellow from the 92491 kyosho set of spring.....

Other problem i faced with my Sirio evo2 was that it kept reaching temps of 143 c i was amazed coz it was 110 or 105 when i was racing at the parking lot with the same setting......? After the first run i richened it 1/4 and a bit more turn still it was on 138....even with a quarter turn...... then i richened a low end aswell and the car started to bog slightly in the mid range.....but the temp was now at 128 after just two straights burst not like previously it was couple of laps..... ?

Now would it be coz its on the track is short and hardly it gets to put the 2nd gear except for the two straights.....or is it just my seting ? gearing ? shimming ??

Dynamite.....

Thanks... but i think thats the stock gearing i am using right now..isnt it? , you are right this is fast for my track as well its difficult to get the car in control on the turns coz of the sand !
You need to richen more than 1/4 in the top at night. Generally during the night time the air is cooler and thicker and you must run richer.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 02:46 PM   #4057
Tech Master

What are you guys using for a pinon wrench on the 0.8 gears? been looking on line for a wrench and keep coming up with a big zero on the search.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:08 PM   #4058
Tech Addict

*Regarding gear ratios i also run on the same track as dynamite and run different ratio....
15-61
20-56
this makes for more bottom end as well as decent speed down our straight as well as the engine runs cooler-80 degrees celcius...........
Harris rc batteries
lrp motors,speed passion motors
lrp speedy
AE FT TC5
titanium racing options
aussie racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:57 PM   #4059
Tech Regular

with that gearing... Your 2speed must shift really quick.
Tyres. Ky Red Box
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #4060
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

Quote:

Dynamite.....

when you say oil, i take it you mean shock oil? i'm running 30~40 weight oil, actually got 35 in atm to try it, but havent tested it yet as i'm waiting for some rods for my mega ... before i can do anything. i also generally run the silver springs front and rear - still got to get some more springs to test them out i think the lighter springs again will be a huge improvment on smaller tracks electric sized tracks.

your two speed shifting depends on how you have adjusted your 2 speed cam... manual says tighten then undo 4 turns from memory, i found 4 and quatre to 4 and half works fine for me remember to adjust both screws in cam the same! you dont really want your car shifting through technical parts straights would be fine, do you have a picture of your track?

yeah, that gearing is the standard gearing. it works fine, seems to be a good trade off of bottom end to mid range speed for electric sized tracks, my mega motor also runs around 80~90 degrees 'c
Old 10-16-2005, 01:39 AM   #4061
Tech Addict

Regarding 2spd shifting point i have put heavier spring in shoes and backed it about 5-6 turns out tried it today at an under ground car park with new max ms s3 and the shift point works .Cant wait to try it out this weekend if it stops raing on our home track......This gearing gives it some serious bottom end power ,but our home track is only short so this gearing suits it in my opinion......
Harris rc batteries
lrp motors,speed passion motors
lrp speedy
AE FT TC5
titanium racing options
aussie racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:42 AM   #4062
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
I'm sure that this has been answered in this monster of a thread , but I'll go ahead ask once again- any ways i just got a used v one rrr for next season racing and I was going over the car and found that the 3d assy is not up to par is there any way to just get the thrust washer assy for the clutch, the car did not have one in it and there is a toasted bearng stuck in the bell housing, would I be better of just getting a new 3d assy (vz235) or is there nother manufactor that can take the place of the 3d system, thanks for reading my novel and any help would be appreciated.one more thing before i go, is there a part # for a pinion wrench to fit . 8 gears. thanks
In regard to the pinion wrench I use the one's from the Serpent 710, you should find the part number if you search MYTSN
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:16 AM   #4063
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried to modify the front suspension arms so you can make them have a shorter wheelbase. everyone down here is doing it with the mugens so i thought what about the kyoshos.

I am going to give it a go and see how it handles. i race on alot of tight tracks so it thought it might be better.
KYOSHORACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:07 PM   #4064
Tech Apprentice

Hi

Can anybody tell me were i can get a kyosho lola vds body shell from, pref online and they ship to the uk

Thanks
V1R racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #4065
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYOSHORACER
Has anyone tried to modify the front suspension arms so you can make them have a shorter wheelbase. everyone down here is doing it with the mugens so i thought what about the kyoshos.

I am going to give it a go and see how it handles. i race on alot of tight tracks so it thought it might be better.
I did this mod on my 710 when I had it, it's certainly worth doing as you only need some caster clips to take it back to standard length wheelbase.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote