R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-10-2005, 06:27 AM   #4036
Tech Initiate

rrr vs mtx3

Hi Jeff,

Please tell us how your MTX3 and RRR compare on the track.

thanks!
RC_Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:39 AM   #4037
pme
Tech Adept

Default ?

im not jeff but i can tell the rrr can dominate over the mtx3. as we can see, the gearings of the rrr is totally different. that's a big advantage. guys, do you seethat the mtx4 is the car that will be comparable? the rrr and the mtx4 are much likely the same instead of the rrr and the mtx3 head to head
pme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #4038
Tech Apprentice

It's really not fair to say which car is better than the other. They are both great cars. From my experience, the MTX3 is better on mid traction surfaces; the car's rear is more planted and the steering is great. On high traction, the MTX3 tends to lift at hard corners (traction roll). As for the RRR, the car is great on high traction tracks. Using 42s all around will provide enough traction without having to worry about rolling. On low traction surfaces, the tail slides a bit unless fitted with 40s. Of course, both cars can be setup differently to show other handling characteristics.
wendellc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #4039
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Looks like many of you have answered the question already but I will throw in my opinion. Up until just recently, I (and my kids) raced Kyosho RR Evo's and found them very tough and easy on parts but never quite got them to that sweet spot where you can drive anywhere on the track compared to MTX-3 Prospec and RRR's. So, I bought one of each. I can't say for sure just yet but so far the results are, the MTX-3 has better low speed mechanical grip on small and medium tracks. It is just planted out of the box and a very tight car. On large tracks it seems to be maybe a bit too tight and seems to scrub speed on high speed sweeping corners. The RRR on the other hand seems to be more sensitive to track conditions on low grip tracks or very tight tracks. It just seems looser in general but on large tracks that are very tacky using 42' or even 45's it is stupid fast and transitions very quickly. Also the RRR is not as tight a build. Not sloppy by any means but just not as tight as the MTX-3 when built. So what does all of this mean?......nothing really. I am sure that with the right setup both of these cars would over come my low tech findings. I also have played with a FW-05RR here lately and it has its place too. Oh and by the way, my MTX-4 will be here Thursday 10/14/05. Couldn't wait for the US versions......itís a Global economy man.....If we here in the US can't get the new cars at the same time as the rest of the world why should we wait. Someone needs to step up their contacts with the home office back in Japan. Ok okÖ..enough of that. Now I just have to get down to one type of car for next season. With my kids racing and getting fast enough to be competitive I have to get back down to one type of car. Racing at a BIG track in Ohio this Sunday so it will be interesting testing.

JEFF
Old 10-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #4040
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Front Bumper

I was told to use the 3Racing front bumper for the Proline Mazda6 body, I bought one and it will not work. I can cut down the original bumper from the kit but was wondering what everyone else is using for this body?
svines1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #4041
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972
I was told to use the 3Racing front bumper for the Proline Mazda6 body, I bought one and it will not work. I can cut down the original bumper from the kit but was wondering what everyone else is using for this body?
Just cut the original bumper down. That's what everyone does.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #4042
pme
Tech Adept

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
yah.. cut the bumper foam or use the v1s (blue foam) it will fit the mazda 6 body
pme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #4043
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pitting me on Sunday. I know I was a handful to pit (can't drive-in normally like everyone else). That's why I wanted to build up my track experience. Hope to see you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
wendellc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #4044
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendellc1
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pitting me on Sunday. I know I was a handful to pit (can't drive-in normally like everyone else). That's why I wanted to build up my track experience. Hope to see you soon.
No problem wendell, congrats on your first sportsman win. you look very smooth out there. I think if you continue weekly you'll be ready for expert in a couple of month!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #4045
Tech Master

The Kyosho cup is being held in the UK and tere is a section for the Kyosho Lola VDS body. Does anybody know where I can get one from online?

Thanks

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:31 AM   #4046
Tech Adept

thanks for the input guys... i was thinking of the silicone seal aswell. Its really a pain to setup the whole thing just to find that out that their is a leak. i think kyosho would probably fix it in RRRR lol...... another reason to make an upgrade !!

Regarding the screw......they are all just tight..... learnt that when i had the v one rr !

will update you guys on the next change.......

PS whats the best gearing for a small tight track... with a couple of short straights.

Regards
Ziizo
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:08 PM   #4047
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme
im not jeff but i can tell the rrr can dominate over the mtx3. as we can see, the gearings of the rrr is totally different. that's a big advantage. guys, do you seethat the mtx4 is the car that will be comparable? the rrr and the mtx4 are much likely the same instead of the rrr and the mtx3 head to head
i somewhat agree with you... by looking at the pictures of the mtx4, it has some similarities with the v-one rrr...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:57 PM   #4048
Tech Master

I'm sure that this has been answered in this monster of a thread , but I'll go ahead ask once again- any ways i just got a used v one rrr for next season racing and I was going over the car and found that the 3d assy is not up to par is there any way to just get the thrust washer assy for the clutch, the car did not have one in it and there is a toasted bearng stuck in the bell housing, would I be better of just getting a new 3d assy (vz235) or is there nother manufactor that can take the place of the 3d system, thanks for reading my novel and any help would be appreciated.one more thing before i go, is there a part # for a pinion wrench to fit . 8 gears. thanks
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #4049
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
I'm sure that this has been answered in this monster of a thread , but I'll go ahead ask once again- any ways i just got a used v one rrr for next season racing and I was going over the car and found that the 3d assy is not up to par is there any way to just get the thrust washer assy for the clutch, the car did not have one in it and there is a toasted bearng stuck in the bell housing, would I be better of just getting a new 3d assy (vz235) or is there nother manufactor that can take the place of the 3d system, thanks for reading my novel and any help would be appreciated.one more thing before i go, is there a part # for a pinion wrench to fit . 8 gears. thanks
You can pretty much buy any and all parts of the clutch assembly separately. In the back of the manual there is a exploded diagram that mark the part number of all the parts that make up the entire car separately. If you do not have the manual you can download a pdf version from Kyosho's web site.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:31 PM   #4050
Tech Master

hey I was trying to get the parts on line but the only part number that was going through were the vz235 with is the whole assy and vz215 which is just the bell housing. looks like I'll just have to make a trip with manual in hand to the local hobbie shop.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote