R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-30-2004, 01:50 AM   #391
Tech Fanatic

i run a RB V12 with a novarossi inline polished EFRA pipe.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #392
Tech Apprentice

Default Front Shock Stays

Ok, had a chance to compare the differences between the shock stays offered by Kyosho (stock), Five Star, 3 racing and Kawahara's option for the RR Evo.

The Evo seems about .5mm longer than any of the others made specifically for the RRR.

The Shock position angles seem to be similar for the Five Star and the Kawahara. While the 3 racing and Kyosho's stock shock stay seem similar.

Hope this helps....
thescum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:47 AM   #393
Tech Master

Just back from the track after the first run with the RRR. You can see why this car won the worlds!

The track was damp and so i wasnt expecting much but was really surpriced at the level of grip and how the car just went where it was pointed. Applying the power didnt seem to have any effect on the cars direction other than a slight push really hard.

I tried to get the back to spin out but found it was almost impossible if i applied the power where i normally do. I had to put the power on mid corner to get it to spin.

The track dried out in the afternoon and i had a chance to tru some foams. 35 shore Nitro shoes. The car went like an arrow down the straight and turned like it was on rails.

The setup was as per the kit with 50 weight oil and rear roll bar. I never run a roll bar at Ashby but thought i would try as per the kit setup.

The clutch setting of 1.2mm is too agresive so backed it off to .9mm and used the red shoes. I cant wait for next week!!!

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:28 AM   #394
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Just back from the track after the first run with the RRR. You can see why this car won the worlds!

The track was damp and so i wasnt expecting much but was really surpriced at the level of grip and how the car just went where it was pointed. Applying the power didnt seem to have any effect on the cars direction other than a slight push really hard.

I tried to get the back to spin out but found it was almost impossible if i applied the power where i normally do. I had to put the power on mid corner to get it to spin.

The track dried out in the afternoon and i had a chance to tru some foams. 35 shore Nitro shoes. The car went like an arrow down the straight and turned like it was on rails.

The setup was as per the kit with 50 weight oil and rear roll bar. I never run a roll bar at Ashby but thought i would try as per the kit setup.

The clutch setting of 1.2mm is too agresive so backed it off to .9mm and used the red shoes. I cant wait for next week!!!

Cheers
FYI, the kit oil is #500 and it's closer to 40wt.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #395
Tech Master

Ok i thought the numbering system was a bit off. I fitted the single hole shock pistons on the front but people have mentioned they work better if fitted on the back. What are most people running?

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 10-31-2004, 11:05 AM   #396
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Ok i thought the numbering system was a bit off. I fitted the single hole shock pistons on the front but people have mentioned they work better if fitted on the back. What are most people running?

Cheers
I dunno. I just built it per kit spec and it works quite well.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:47 PM   #397
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone know if any of the team world setups have been posted anywhere
Thanks
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:16 PM   #398
Tech Fanatic

Default tire offset

i have a bunch of mtx-3 fast tires. the mtx-3 tires come with a 2 mm offset. most cars do not require this offset. does anyone know if the rrr tires have a offset, i.e. will these tires work with this car?
thanks.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:14 PM   #399
Tech Prophet

This was posted earlier. Try the link below for the WC setups;

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/race/ra...ma1-10on-j.html

BTW, if you have to run rear offset tires, just try screwing in the rear pivot balls more to so that in the end the rear trackwidth is the same as with normal zero offset tires (less or equal to 200 mm).
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:34 PM   #400
Tech Fanatic

thanks. i am just changing over to the rrr. anything else i should know before i start building this car any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:39 AM   #401
Tech Master

Default Re: tire offset

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
i have a bunch of mtx-3 fast tires. the mtx-3 tires come with a 2 mm offset. most cars do not require this offset. does anyone know if the rrr tires have a offset, i.e. will these tires work with this car?
thanks.
The RRR doesnt use offset tyres but does have a spacer on the axle to widen the rear end. If you change the axle for the mugen one (it fits) and dont use the spacer yu can use the offset tyres as there is room for them

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 11-01-2004, 02:57 AM   #402
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I run 1mm offset tyres on my RRR and FW05R, all you need is to make the car 2mm narrower and it will be fine.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:23 PM   #403
Tech Adept

glad to here you like it ziggy! The rrr is so relaxing to drive.

Just a small note on maintanence. I noticed that after time the roll center bushings will wear out and allow the arms to have a little to much play. A very cheep part to replace and very easy to change out. something to check.
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:27 PM   #404
Tech Initiate

Hi, I am building this world champion 1/10 nitro power touring car. May I know if you could use AAA size battery and what will be the placement?

Thanks,

N
NetBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:47 AM   #405
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
glad to here you like it ziggy! The rrr is so relaxing to drive.

Just a small note on maintanence. I noticed that after time the roll center bushings will wear out and allow the arms to have a little to much play. A very cheep part to replace and very easy to change out. something to check.
i have also noticed that the bushings wear out quite quickly... i wonder why?