R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #4021
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
yeh i do set the ride height first

a q. about the setup station, is it possible to set the ride height with it ?
one problem i find is is et the ride height with the tyres im about to use before the next race. then i put the car on the setup station and the ride height is different ?

is that normal

thanks for all this help guys
Ride height really has nothing to do with set up stations. You should set your ride height with the tires you want to use, and not set it while on the set up station.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #4022
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

cool
so its right to set the ride height with the tyres, then put the car on the setup station, with a ride height underneath push down on the car and then set camber ?

or just put it on the station and set the camber ?
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #4023
Tech Elite

Quote:
cool
so its right to set the ride height with the tyres, then put the car on the setup station, with a ride height underneath push down on the car and then set camber ?

or just put it on the station and set the camber ?
Once you set the ride height with the tires, you put the car one the set up station. The reading off the set up station WITHOUT pushing the chassis down is your camber.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #4024
Tech Elite

thanks for that

why does it give a diff reading to when using the rpm camber gauge ?>
Old 10-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #4025
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks for that

why does it give a diff reading to when using the rpm camber gauge ?>
It shouldn't

I think you had a different reading because you pushed the chassis down while on the set up station, and that reading is incorrect.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #4026
Tech Elite

ill experiement and let you know
Old 10-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #4027
Tech Elite

Default craqcked upper deck

the camber was a small problem compared to this one

last weekend was an expensive race weekend haha
blew a few plugs with incorrect engine settings
bent manifold that i fixed ..

in my first heat i had an amateur full throttle in the pit lane and smack straight into my pipe forcing it to crack the upper deck where i have it mounted to using a skyline exhautsd mount.

the upper deck split from the edge near the pipe to the front left of the tank. i pushed the split back in and now you cant tell of any damage. i guess u know what i mean by this...

now im wondering if this will affect anything before i buy a new upper deck ?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #4028
Tech Adept

Hi guys...

Was working on my RRR last week and put in 3k oil in the rear and set it up all again to find out that it really handles well in low tractions track.

Today i was just looking at the car and found out that the whole rear oil has leaked n it was sitting only on the table...... I remember puting a new o-ring and everything...... but these new o-rings are so thin and fragilee they are a pain to put in may be it slipped when i tightened or something.... any one has used any silicone ? to seal this diff joint. ? or somethign else ?

Coz its a pain opeining up the RRR's rear all again....... for nothing but a O-ring....
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #4029
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
TRY:
-raising the front shocks all the way
-stiffening the front swaybar
-thinner diff oil
-less front droop
Which diff oil do you reckon? 10K? At the moment I m using the stock 30K at rear and 50k at front (when using front diff). I m also using 0 droop at front as per stock set up.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #4030
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

I use pure clear GE Silicone to seal the diff. Your right that little seal is pain. What I do is test fit everything, then fill the diff and then put a bead of silicone the thinkness of the seal on the gear side of the diff, then put it together without the seal, tighten the screws down and let it sit over night with out even spinning it. That way none of the silicone will get mixed up in the diff before it dries. No leaks from the seal.....ever.

JEFF
Old 10-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #4031
Tech Elite

Default 3-racing rrr top deck

hi guys
just wanted to know what you think of the 3-racing rrr top deck?
the carbon fibre model

does anyone have a kyosho rrr top deck they would like to sell ?

thanks
JOhn
Old 10-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #4032
Tech Elite

Quote:
hi guys
just wanted to know what you think of the 3-racing rrr top deck?
the carbon fibre model

does anyone have a kyosho rrr top deck they would like to sell ?

thanks
JOhn
I have one if you are interested. But it's the original version and not the newer ones with elongated fuel tank holes. PM me if you want it.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #4033
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
yeh i do set the ride height first

a q. about the setup station, is it possible to set the ride height with it ?
one problem i find is is et the ride height with the tyres im about to use before the next race. then i put the car on the setup station and the ride height is different ?

is that normal

thanks for all this help guys
Setup stations such as the Hudy will have a ride height gauge included but theres no inbuilt feature that will check ride height besides this.
Make sure the surface you`re using to check ride height is as flat as possible....this will help ensure a more accurate setting.....glass cutting/chopping boards can be good for this (cheap too )...but for a few bucks extra its worthwhile to go for something like the Hudy and be able to use it to measure trackwidth as well.
The one problem I`ve found when using camber gauges ala the Duratrax, RPM etc, is that theyre dependent on the wheel being in proper shape to get anywhere near a accurate reading.....even a wheel slightly out of shape will throw camber measurements out by a few degrees......thats why I always try and use the setup station for camber.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #4034
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
Hi guys...

Was working on my RRR last week and put in 3k oil in the rear and set it up all again to find out that it really handles well in low tractions track.

Today i was just looking at the car and found out that the whole rear oil has leaked n it was sitting only on the table...... I remember puting a new o-ring and everything...... but these new o-rings are so thin and fragilee they are a pain to put in may be it slipped when i tightened or something.... any one has used any silicone ? to seal this diff joint. ? or somethign else ?

Coz its a pain opeining up the RRR's rear all again....... for nothing but a O-ring....
How tight were the diff screws?.....I had a prob with the diff oil leaking out when i built the car earlier this year, but now i just make sure the diff screws are reasonably tight and havent had any hassles since.
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 01:03 AM   #4035
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

i built a couple of spare diffs with different rate oils to use as drop in's for when i go away racing. they also leaked through the screw heads whilst sitting in my pit box container...

what i did notice about the diff screws was the flat head screws that came with the kit (the std one with 30k oil in it) are slightly larger then the ones which came with the diffs i bought to make up as spares.

i will top up the lost oil soon in them and try some silicone behind the screw heads and see how i go, it could be overtightness of these slightlu smaller flat head screws which causes this problem