R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #3901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviltires
i just put my 1 way in my car and it seems like the universal does not fit in the outdrive far enough i screwed in the hubs and it still lookks like they still want to come out can anyone give me some help
If you are not missing the spacer that Jeff mentioned then that is normal.

The outdrive if you notice is not captured by the one-way differential so when under load the outdrives will move laterally to meet with the dogbones. You shouldn't worry about it. That's something most cars have in common.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:41 PM   #3902
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2 degree front kingpins

This is the first time I will be trying them. I know it is supposed to give more onpower steering. Do you guys run them with your normal setup you would use for the standard ones? I will be on a mod to large size track more larger turns than hairpins
Thanks
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #3903
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default josh cyrul

hey guys does anyone know if josh, was using an oneway or a spool when he raced in Texas Biggie in his setup it didn,t say.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #3904
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKMANDO
This is the first time I will be trying them. I know it is supposed to give more onpower steering. Do you guys run them with your normal setup you would use for the standard ones? I will be on a mod to large size track more larger turns than hairpins
Thanks
just use them with your normal set up. in fact, you might want to try adjusting the caster clips first before you put on the 2 degree knuckles--you might not need them.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #3905
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default hey jeffery

bobby here do i will trying out josh,s texas setup was he running a spool or oneway . loving my rrr think about the fwo sometimes.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:21 PM   #3906
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64
bobby here do i will trying out josh,s texas setup was he running a spool or oneway . loving my rrr think about the fwo sometimes.
hey bobby i don't know. i haven't been there so i can't say, but i would only run spool if heavy breaking in needed to go fast.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #3907
Tech Adept

I have been having problems setting my clutch in my RRR WC. Have any of you guys got some set-up tips for setting them up please. Its seems as thoug it is not coming out far enough fo it to engage properly. It is set to the standard settings in the manual 1.25mm. What do you guys run???
KYOSHORACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #3908
Tech Addict

Quote:
hey guys does anyone know if josh, was using an oneway or a spool when he raced in Texas Biggie in his setup it didn,t say.
custom made spool
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:04 AM   #3909
Tech Initiate

hop-ups ???

Hi Guys,

I'm new to nitro racing and I want to get a good car that's very reliable. Can I get a RRR and race it "out of the box" and expect no surprises? Do I need to upgrade certain items?

Thanks!
RC_Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:54 AM   #3910
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
just use them with your normal set up. in fact, you might want to try adjusting the caster clips first before you put on the 2 degree knuckles--you might not need them.
Thanks Jeffrey, I was thinking along those lines too. I will try each.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:41 AM   #3911
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
He almost always runs a spool. He told me to run one and the car is much better. I don't think I will be putting the one-way back in any time soon. It took away the twitchyness and made the steering feel better through the entire corner. You have to drive a little different, but I like it and I think it is faster.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:46 AM   #3912
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Greg
Hi Guys,

I'm new to nitro racing and I want to get a good car that's very reliable. Can I get a RRR and race it "out of the box" and expect no surprises? Do I need to upgrade certain items?

Thanks!
All I have changed is the break arm. It spun on the post so I pinned it, then I just went to an aluminum one. And I put on a thicker rear shock tower because I was afraid I might break it if I traction rolled and put it into a wall. And I put a spool in instead of a one-way. That's it. I'm thnking that is all you might want to do. In my opinion the rest of the car is good as-is.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:12 AM   #3913
pme
Tech Adept

Default .

guys, my sidebelt for the 3r is touching the base of the manifold. is it normal? if not, what should i do?
pme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:45 AM   #3914
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme
guys, my sidebelt for the 3r is touching the base of the manifold. is it normal? if not, what should i do?

I ground the bottom of the manifold. It has little cooling fins on it, I removed them (just where the belt was hitting).
Ted Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:06 AM   #3915
Tech Adept

I have been having problems setting my clutch in my RRR WC. Have any of you guys got some set-up tips for setting them up please. Its seems as thoug it is not coming out far enough fo it to engage properly. It is set to the standard settings in the manual 1.25mm. What do you guys run???
KYOSHORACER is offline   Reply With Quote