4547 North Dixe
Elizabethtown , Kentucky, 42701
(270) 234-0051

HOBO's R/C Planes & Cars
208 W. Main St.
Leitchfield , Kentucky, 42754
270-879-3173

Got them off the Kyosho America web site www.kyoshoamerica.com
I don't see a link on the Kyosho America website for parts can you give me a link.

thanks
fastrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #3812
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrcracer
I don't see a link on the Kyosho America website for parts can you give me a link.

thanks
There are no links for parts. They give you a list of local hobby shops that carry Kyosho as I listed 2 in KY. You can also try calling Kyosho America direct to order parts.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #3813
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
Ok I know this is the rrr thread, but the rr thread is dead. any ways I got the evo chassie and I'm running vone rrr rear up rights and 2 deg fronts knuckles, and I'm having a hell of a time with traction rolling.
car feels good in all the high speed sections but is giving me fits in slow speed corners, this is the strange part its going on during power on exit of the corners
set up is
shocks 60wt all four corners
gold springs up front, black in the rear
shockes lay all the way down both ends
1/2 toe out in the front
3 toe in on the rear
0 droop in the front, up stops set so chassie does not bootom out
1 droop in the rear, up stops set same as front
2 1/2 neg camber in the rear
2 neg in the front
37 shore all the way around
3 mm split on the tires
high traction surface.
Most important question would be how tall are your tires? 37's are really soft and sloppy. Unless your sidewall is really short / low profile your gonna get alot of movement just with the foam causing your car not to be as responsive. Also, your sidewall will just roll under causing the car to traction roll. With a switch back or S section in the track you could be over compensating for the lack of responce from your tires and really tossing the car from side to side until you get the tire to roll under causing the traction roll.

Last edited by evostyle; 09-04-2005 at 09:08 PM.
evostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #3814
Tech Elite

Quote:
I had the same thought , tore the car apart and found no problems, what strange is that every body else was saying the track was loose in those section so the kept putting vht down just adding to my problem, it was just two stupid corners that were giving me problems a quick right and right back to a lefty. (pork chop) it's has to be in the set up, car was real good till they did that. maybe more camber or more roll center in the back?

Sounds to me like everybody was looser (harder tires) than you. Your set up looks typical however the 3 degree toe-in seem high. Also you could try to accelerate through the section therefore unloading the front end and planting the rear. Maybe a slower entry and accelerate through. Check your ride height / tire size and sidewall condition (edges seperating from rim) / and try a harder tire all around. Just some thoughts......

Last edited by evostyle; 09-04-2005 at 09:08 PM.
evostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #3815
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by evostyle
Sounds to me like everybody was looser (harder tires) than you. Your set up looks typical however the 3 degree toe-in seem high. Also you could try to accelerate through the section therefore unloading the front end and planting the rear. Maybe a slower entry and accelerate through. Check your ride height / tire size and sidewall condition (edges seperating from rim) / and try a harder tire all around. Just some thoughts......
hey,I thought that to, only problem with that was that what the fast guys were running for tires.
I did true them down to 60 in the rear and 57 in the front thinking that it my be a side wall problem, ect still had the same problem. think that the harder tire might be the answer.
would adding spacers under the camber link on the rear up right add or take away traction in the rear?
i was running 4mm in the front and 5mm in the rear for ride
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:34 PM   #3816
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Quote:
hey,I thought that to, only problem with that was that what the fast guys were running for tires.
I did true them down to 60 in the rear and 57 in the front thinking that it my be a side wall problem, ect still had the same problem. think that the harder tire might be the answer.
would adding spacers under the camber link on the rear up right add or take away traction in the rear?
do you normally run a 3mm "split" between front & rear???
Old 09-04-2005, 10:51 PM   #3817
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoppa
do you normally run a 3mm "split" between front & rear???
I do when I have the 25 pulley on the car
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #3818
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
hey guys,

I'm over here building my new "WC" and I am very upset and SUPRISED that I have some missing parts right out of the sealed box:
  • BRG002: 5x8x2.5mm bearings (2)
  • VZ221: 5mm Posts (2 of them)
  • BRG006: 6x12x4 bearings (2 of them)
  • ORG03BK: P3 O-Rings (none were in the kit)
It really suprised me to see the missing items, and I can get most of them from my LHS, but the 5mm posts are gonna be impossible to get here in town in order for me to finish the kit....
anybody know where I can get V One RRR Parts (on the West Coast perferably) ASAP?????

can anyone help?????

Did you try rc-toro.com? They have many V1RRR parts. I bought my WCE from them. I just checked. They have the 5mm posts you are looking for.

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....roducts_id/269
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #3819
Tech Elite

Quote:

Lucky for you the conditions will be totally different next week. I'de leave the setup as is until next race. If you still have traction rolling problems definately go up in shore and maybe even lower the overall CG of the car (ride height / body height). You could also go with a stiffer (oil / spring / sway) setup. Ok.... that's all I have. If all else fails... slow before entry and pull thru.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:42 PM   #3820
Tech Master

Quote:
I do when I have the 25 pulley on the car
"Why?" doesn't Kyosho list the use of the 24t pulley to use a "0"mm offset, and with the use of the "standard" 23t pulley to use a "2"mm offset between the front & back tire, so why even think about using a 25t pulley, wouldnt that mean you would have to have a "larger" front tire???? Why would you go with a 25t pulley, when Kyosho desn't even list the option on the set up sheet (do you chande drive ratios w/ a differ belt?? (384 or 387 belt????)

I am just curious to hear.... don't kill me I am just asking.....I wanna understand these cars as I just switched (and yet to run the car) from a Mugen MTX3 from the past 2+ years...

"school" me....
Old 09-04-2005, 11:58 PM   #3821
Tech Elite

Quote:
"Why?" doesn't Kyosho list the use of the 24t pulley to use a "0"mm offset, and with the use of the "standard" 23t pulley to use a "2"mm offset between the front & back tire, so why even think about using a 25t pulley, wouldnt that mean you would have to have a "larger" front tire???? Why would you go with a 25t pulley, when Kyosho desn't even list the option on the set up sheet (do you chande drive ratios w/ a differ belt?? (384 or 387 belt????)

I am just curious to hear.... don't kill me I am just asking.....I wanna understand these cars as I just switched (and yet to run the car) from a Mugen MTX3 from the past 2+ years...

"school" me....
He's running the V ONE RR Evo. The pulleys and gearing are completely different than the RRR.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:03 AM   #3822
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by evostyle
He's running the V ONE RR Evo. The pulleys and gearing are completely different than the RRR.
understood....."My Bad".........
Old 09-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #3823
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team-RTR
howd ya go? i done a PB of 19 laps, 7th in the A final
Qualified 4th into the B final with a pb of 18 laps.....finished 7th (3 flameouts certainly didnt help ).
Very well done on making the A final.....it was a good strong nitro entry on Saturday
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:18 AM   #3824
Tech Apprentice

Anyone use the kawahara chassis b4? If so how were there?
tiger266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:20 AM   #3825
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

hey andy what was your set up for ec that day ?
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote