Kyosho v-one rrr

You're on Page 252 of 656
Go to
  • http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9986

This might help you guys with the roll center questions.
  • I think ziggy is right on this one
  • Quote: http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9986

This might help you guys with the roll center questions.
    From the link above

To give a lower roll center, make the suspension arms flatter (more horizontal).

* To give a higher roll center, make the suspension arms more angled. Upper arms would have more of an upward angle where they meet the wheels; lower arms would have more a downward angle where they meet the wheels.
  • .....sorry guys ! since you are at it...... appreciate if you could show some pictures......

Hope you guys dont mind !

From the looks of it...... my RRR - rear lower arms are quite horizontal and the upper camber link is less horizontol... so what does that make my car ??

More over - Does the holes in the shock tower and the ball link at the bottom also play a part in this ?

sorry if this is silly just wanted to clarfy this doubt.....
  • zac tyres and v one rrr track width ?
    hey team
    ive built my rrr as the box and when i installed the zac tyres i noticed the rear to be 205mm and the front to be about 205mm

with the supplied kit tyres its 199mm front rear

have any of you guys noticed this well ??
    apparently the zacs shouldnt have an offset

whats weird is that i screwed in the back pivot ball about a mm on each side and its now 200mm

so i guess maybe the wheels have a 1mm offset ? and the pivot balls werent perfect
  • Quote: hey team
    ive built my rrr as the box and when i installed the zac tyres i noticed the rear to be 205mm and the front to be 205mm

weird
    The Kawahara tires carries a 1mm offset front and rear.
  • so is it best to leave it as the book setup and run the zacs ?

or should i screw it in to make it 199mm ?

thanks for your help
  • Quote: so is it best to leave it as the book setup and run the zacs ?

or should i screw it in to make it 199mm ?

thanks for your help
    The legal width is 200mm so if you care to be legal you need to narrow the suspension to use the Kawahara tires.
  • I had the terms reversed. My explanation for gaining or losing traction with roll-center is correct. If, you disagree, re-read the article in the link.
  • Quote: hey team
    ive built my rrr as the box and when i installed the zac tyres i noticed the rear to be 205mm and the front to be about 205mm

whats weird is that i screwed in the back pivot ball about a mm on each side and its now 200mm

so i guess maybe the wheels have a 1mm offset ? and the pivot balls werent perfect
    Where did you get the ZAC tyres from? I am looking to get a few sets

Cheers
  • [QUOTE=uaerc

More over - Does the holes in the shock tower and the ball link at the bottom also play a part in this ?

sorry if this is silly just wanted to clarfy this doubt..... [/QUOTE]
    The holes in the shock tower (ie the ones used for the upper shock mount) wont alter the roll centre of the car.
    Cheers
  • Quote: The holes in the shock tower (ie the ones used for the upper shock mount) wont alter the roll centre of the car.
    Cheers
    No ... changing your shock position will not effect roll center. Raising or lowering your upper camber link on either end (chassis side or tire side)will cause your roll center to change.
  • External centax clutch adjustment tool
    How could you adjust the centax clutch spring nuts without dissembling the whole unit? I heard that Team Tamale has made one for Kyosho. Any other idea?
  • Quote: How could you adjust the centax clutch spring nuts without dissembling the whole unit? I heard that Team Tamale has made one for Kyosho. Any other idea?
    Insert a small allen key in the hole in the clutch bell and this will locate in the slot in the spring retaining nut. Then turn the flywheel with the help of a screwdriver to adjust the spring tension. If you get that far then you will be able to figure out which way it should go to make it tighter or looser

Cheers
  • Quote: The holes in the shock tower (ie the ones used for the upper shock mount) wont alter the roll centre of the car.
    Cheers
    Andy T

Thanks for the clarification. what part do they play...... does it have anythnigg to do with traxtion.. ? i mean if my shock setting is on the outter hole toward the wheel the shock is more vertical what will it do... ?? hightraction or low.......... and vice versa ?