R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-21-2005, 12:32 PM   #3676
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
Nope, kit pulleys.
and it went so suddenly that the car understeered in to the barriers smashing a front hub and suspension arm (i have yet to check the other bits).
Not sure if I can make the Cotswold meeting now.
You should check the bumpers from Pdub Racing http://www.pdubracing.com/. I mounted one on my RRR, and have yet to break any front suspension parts. Their quite a bit stiffer, and definitely worth the $12.
sjr456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #3677
Tech Adept

Quote:
Days racing ruined again.
Another stripped rear drive belt, and this time I had it on the tight settings. also my last order for more rear belts is on hold as none are available.
Guess it was my last race with the RRR as I have no hope in the championship with all these retirements, I'm going back to the trusty old FW05, it may not be as quick on the infield, but at least it gets to the finish line, and is also much cheaper to run.
i have striped one belt when i my car ran off track and pick a lot of debris. From then on i got the belt changed to tighter settings and its been ok since then........ dunno why u are stripping your belts so quikly..strange.

Is your chasis the normal one or the racing one which has a lot of holes, which could be a reason why so much debris is being picked up ?!
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #3678
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
i have striped one belt when i my car ran off track and pick a lot of debris. From then on i got the belt changed to tighter settings and its been ok since then........ dunno why u are stripping your belts so quikly..strange.

Is your chasis the normal one or the racing one which has a lot of holes, which could be a reason why so much debris is being picked up ?!
car is standard WC kit running a front diff and I do use heavy braking.
I have been running the Kyosho PureTen range since 1997 with the Spyder, the Spyder Mk2, FF Mantis, V-one R, FW05, V-one RRR, and nothing has eaten the belts and gears like this RRR.
I ran my FW05R for 20 months with no Diff of Bevel Gear wear problems, and once fitten with the latest 3racing gearbox housing no problems with fuel on the brake, and I also ran the V-one R for nearly 3 years with only 4 belts needed (2 front, a side and a rear) so I have no clue as to why the RRR wears out its parts so fast, which is a real shame as it is a great handling car allowing you to take much tighter lines than most other cars which I am going to miss.
(yes a new owner is already interested in this car)
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:07 PM   #3679
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr456
You should check the bumpers from Pdub Racing http://www.pdubracing.com/. I mounted one on my RRR, and have yet to break any front suspension parts. Their quite a bit stiffer, and definitely worth the $12.
Would it save a car hitting a concrete kerb at a 40 degree angle doing around 40mph? as this was the impact which broke the parts today.
It's a very strong car really, these being the first suspension bit broken, and the shock towers are the original items.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:18 PM   #3680
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Raced the RRR since January this year and I haven't stripped a belt or spur gear yet. (might have lost a tooth or two off a side belt)

I've replaced items on the car as when I feel it's time but I haven't had one part failure.

We race at the John Grant Raceway in Sydney (worlds track)
at least every two weeks.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #3681
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

NiMo I run my belt loose front and rear and my car is so free it rolls as far as my FW05R. While I've worn out the front pulley and stripped the side belt (original not the SP belts) I've never had a problem with the rear belt. It might be the surface as I only run on prepared tracks so no stones/debris. I use front one-way and do use brake at part of the track.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #3682
Tech Master

I have been running the RRR for the last couple of months (previously with the 05RR). So far only had one belt and pulley stripped (front) and it was due to an unscheduled visit to the gravel . Other than that never had any other problems with the belts or pulleys. Oh you probably need to replace the original rear brake pulley (21T) pretty often, unless you stick some epoxy to it.

The only thing that wears out pretty quick is the pinion. Waiting for some kawahara hardened pinions.

Cheers
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #3683
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)
Default Floating rear body mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Anyone know of a floating rear body mount that will work on the RRR?
I have the V One RR Evo which has the floating rear body mount. Take a look at the exploded view. It may work with the RRR.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...nerr_evo_t.pdf

Instructions and part list:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...e_index-e.html

evostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:34 AM   #3684
Tech Master

Has anybody got an electronic copy of the manual? for the RRR obviously

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:02 AM   #3685
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Has anybody got an electronic copy of the manual? for the RRR obviously

Cheers
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...e_index-e.html
Old 08-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #3686
Tech Adept

Quote:
Would it save a car hitting a concrete kerb at a 40 degree angle doing around 40mph? as this was the impact which broke the parts today.
It's a very strong car really, these being the first suspension bit broken, and the shock towers are the original items.
I agree the car has been durable, but a little extra protection never hurts.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #3687
Tech Addict

can anybody tell me which lola body best fits the rrr?
VP Fuel
Hot Race Tires
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:03 AM   #3688
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1
I've replaced items on the car as when I feel it's time but I haven't had one part failure.

We race at the John Grant Raceway in Sydney (worlds track)
at least every two weeks.
Agreed Craig, I`ve found the RRR to very durable......I have however had a few spur gears strip and some teeth strip off the rear plastic diff.....this is due mainly to the surface at Eastern Creek, where theres quite a few pebbles and stones that are only too willing to hop into the spur gears and wreak havoc
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 AM   #3689
Tech Master

I have found the car must be in tip top condition to get the best times. Any slight wear of parts will effect the times such as the roll centre inserts, the diff cups ubdercutting, the rear pulley wearing, the susspention pins bending.... Pivot balls.... Axle bearings... Axle pins... etc..

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:02 AM   #3690
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
can anybody tell me which lola body best fits the rrr?
I have tried the Yokomo which fit.i
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote