No.31258B
can anyone help me with this question?
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #3572
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
Kyosho shimo one piece mount is expenisve. It is like $30+. Very hard to find also. I tried rc-mushroom. But, it is out of stock now. Where did you get it? thx.
Try Pro Shop Futaba ([email protected]) or Champ RC (champ_internati[email protected]). Email them and give them the part number(s) and they will quote you.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:57 PM   #3573
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW-05RR
can anyone help me with this question?
I think one is rubber tire edition and the other foam edition. So if you got the foam edition don't worry about the other one.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:02 PM   #3574
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I think one is rubber tire edition and the other foam edition. So if you got the foam edition don't worry about the other one.
ok thanks Jeff
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:58 PM   #3575
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Help!! Off Power push. I run on a medium bite medium size track with a lot of 180's. I run RRR wc box stock setup, The only thing I've changed was Gold springs in the rear and silvers up front. Shocks are stood up on both towers.
I've tried the Diff and onway with this setup but I still get that push. Anybody out their with a good front Diff set up? With all those 180's thought a diff might be better. Have not tried a spool yet.
PhatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #3576
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
Kyosho shimo one piece mount is expenisve. It is like $30+. Very hard to find also. I tried rc-mushroom. But, it is out of stock now. Where did you get it? thx.
I got mine thru rc-mushroom, but i think from memory that they may also have them at- www.rcaddict.com.au
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #3577
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPat
Help!! Off Power push. I run on a medium bite medium size track with a lot of 180's. I run RRR wc box stock setup, The only thing I've changed was Gold springs in the rear and silvers up front. Shocks are stood up on both towers.
I've tried the Diff and onway with this setup but I still get that push. Anybody out their with a good front Diff set up? With all those 180's thought a diff might be better. Have not tried a spool yet.
More droop in the rear, less castor, lighter rear diff oil, lay down your front shocks, and hitting brakes would all help, but don't do all of them at the same time!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:18 PM   #3578
Tech Addict

Quote:
More droop in the rear, less castor, lighter rear diff oil, lay down your front shocks, and hitting brakes would all help, but don't do all of them at the same time!
Thanks, I will do all. as far as diff. 10000 rear & 50000 front sound OK
Old 08-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #3579
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
You need to get more weight transfer to the front of the car to give your more steering.....try the front shocks back in the stock mount position...having them stood up at the front will reduce weight transfer/steering.
Also check diff oil that its not too heavy in the front diff.....you`ll lose more off-power steering if/when you change to a spool unless you resetup the car for it.
Also check droop....take it back to the stock settings and work on tuning from here.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #3580
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
You need to get more weight transfer to the front of the car to give your more steering.....try the front shocks back in the stock mount position...having them stood up at the front will reduce weight transfer/steering.
Also check diff oil that its not too heavy in the front diff.....you`ll lose more off-power steering if/when you change to a spool unless you resetup the car for it.
Also check droop....take it back to the stock settings and work on tuning from here.
Cheers
That makes so much sense!! How dumb can I Be!! I get to the track and go brain dead.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:38 AM   #3581

Who has good parts selection for this car in US? I read parts are hard to find in US.
xrcbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:20 AM   #3582
Tech Addict

Quote:
There isn't a way to convert the wt numbers to cps numbers as they differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. But usually 30wt is close to 400cps and 40wt is close to 500cps etc. The following web page provides more information and explanations:

http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/tip/shock.html
Thanks Jeffrey, I will check it out.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:33 AM   #3583
Tech Master

Quote:
I would think that with a lot of 180's you should use a spool, it gives more turn in and more on power steering than a diff but it will make the rear end step out when off power so watch out in any sweeping bends.

My track has a lot of sweepers which is faster with a one-way but the 2 main passing points are relying on heavy out braking moves so you need the brakes on the front end which is why I use a diff.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #3584
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks, I will do all. as far as diff. 10000 rear & 50000 front sound OK
Use 30,000 wt. diff oil, up front, to increase diff action. This will increase your steering, in addition to, laying down the shocks w/ the softer spring. You may also want to use lighter shock oil. Move the spacers to the front of arms. The increase increase in castor will give you more off-power steering.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #3585
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Use 30,000 wt. diff oil, up front, to increase diff action. This will increase your steering, in addition to, laying down the shocks w/ the softer spring. You may also want to use lighter shock oil. Move the spacers to the front of arms. The increase increase in castor will give you more off-power steering.
Thanks for the help.
I'm the pioneer RRR driver in a serpent and NTC3 world. The car was better than most with my jacked up setup. With the help on this forum this car is gonna be killer.

Is their a big difference in steering with the number 10 and 11 servo saver?