R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #3316
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The diff shouldn't leak if you built it per instruction. One thing that was not clear in the instruction is how much diff oil you should put in it. I have them just slightly covering the bevel shaft or perhaps 60-70 percent full. If you fill it to the top there will be too much oil inside and it will leak and your diff won't work right.
in my instruction manual for the world editon car, it says to put glue on top of the orange gasket that you put in the inside slot of the plastic gear box. i did not put it there, but it might help.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #3317
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

From experience you do not fill the diffs with oil.
Only fill until the Bevel Shafts are covered otherwise you'll get a pressure build up that will break the seals and rubber rings.

I dont glue any part of my diffs and have not had a problem with leaks
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:10 PM   #3318
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The diff shouldn't leak if you built it per instruction. One thing that was not clear in the instruction is how much diff oil you should put in it. I have them just slightly covering the bevel shaft or perhaps 60-70 percent full. If you fill it to the top there will be too much oil inside and it will leak and your diff won't work right.
jeff, you goint to be at the nationals in Texas?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #3319
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

joe and svine, this is a list of hop ups I have on my RRR:

evolva pivot balls (might be included in WC kit)
low friction belts (in WC kit)
carbon front shock tower (in WC kit)
universals front and rear (in WC kit)
aluminum wheel hexes (in WC kit)
new upper deck (in WC kit)
rfp battery plate (in WC kit)
side belt stablizer plate (in WC kit)
aluminum brake holder (in WC kit)
lightweight first gear holder (in WC kit)
shimo engine mount (in WC kit)
kyosho ti steering turnbuckles
kyosho aluminum brake lever
kyosho v1r hollow front shaft
kyosho ti 2 speed shaft
kyosho SP brake pads
kawahara vented brake rotor
skyline 4mm rear shock tower

everything else stock.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #3320
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
jeff, you goint to be at the nationals in Texas?
nah, been traveling too much lately as it is plus its HOT!!! Jeffery Lin from OFNA will be there though (but obviously not me). He is very fast and a friend of mine. If you need help with your RRR Ron Calangi will be there. He is a Kyosho driver, super fast and one of the nicest person you'll ever meet.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:30 PM   #3321
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
nah, been traveling too much lately as it is plus its HOT!!! Jeffery Lin from OFNA will be there though (but obviously not me). He is very fast and a friend of mine. If you need help with your RRR Ron Calangi will be there. He is a Kyosho driver, super fast and one of the nicest person you'll ever meet.
cool, thanks for the referrals.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #3322
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

also, just realized, i put an upgraded kyosho disc brake in the car. i did not weight it, but it seems to be heavier, this might be another reason why i am a tad heavy.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #3323
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
joe and svine, this is a list of hop ups I have on my RRR:

evolva pivot balls (might be included in WC kit)
low friction belts (in WC kit)
carbon front shock tower (in WC kit)
universals front and rear (in WC kit)
aluminum wheel hexes (in WC kit)
new upper deck (in WC kit)
rfp battery plate (in WC kit)
side belt stablizer plate (in WC kit)
aluminum brake holder (in WC kit)
lightweight first gear holder (in WC kit)
shimo engine mount (in WC kit)
kyosho ti steering turnbuckles
kyosho aluminum brake lever
kyosho v1r hollow front shaft
kyosho ti 2 speed shaft
kyosho SP brake pads
kawahara vented brake rotor
skyline 4mm rear shock tower

everything else stock.
Everything else stock??
You don't have anything left, everything is hopups (j/k)
BTW: your car looked really good yesterday, that was a fun race
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #3324
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
If you need help with your RRR Ron Calangi will be there. He is a Kyosho driver, super fast and one of the nicest person you'll ever meet.
I agree on that one
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #3325
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
nah, been traveling too much lately as it is plus its HOT!!! Jeffery Lin from OFNA will be there though (but obviously not me). He is very fast and a friend of mine. If you need help with your RRR Ron Calangi will be there. He is a Kyosho driver, super fast and one of the nicest person you'll ever meet.
it is supposed to be in the 70's this week... come out to texas!!!
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #3326
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
Everything else stock??
You don't have anything left, everything is hopups (j/k)
BTW: your car looked really good yesterday, that was a fun race
Thanks Walter. and remember, that was with battery plate dragging under the chassis (forgot the two rear screws) and a broken rear shock tower (original Kyosho one--replaced with the Skyline one since) for the entire race.

For those who weren't there, my car was in such a sorry state of disrepair because a turn marshall stepped in front of my car and then fell and stepped ON my car before the previous race I was supposed to be in. He broked my fuel tank and the shock tower. I was allowed to race the next race but only had 15 minutes to repair my car. 15 minutes was only enough to put in a new tank so I couldn't replace the cracked shock tower. As I was in such a hurry I forgot the two rear screws for the battery plate that was removed while fitting the fuel tank. Still, the car was competitive!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #3327
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Thanks Walter. and remember, that was with battery plate dragging under the chassis (forgot the two rear screws) and a broken rear shock tower (original Kyosho one--replaced with the Skyline one since) for the entire race.

For those who weren't there, my car was in such a sorry state of disrepair because a turn marshall stepped in front of my car and then fell and stepped ON my car before the previous race I was supposed to be in. He broked my fuel tank and the shock tower. I was allowed to race the next race but only had 15 minutes to repair my car. 15 minutes was only enough to put in a new tank so I couldn't replace the cracked shock tower. As I was in such a hurry I forgot the two rear screws for the battery plate that was removed while fitting the fuel tank. Still, the car was competitive!
I see you had a good day
For me was fun also to break my car during warm up, then fix it within 1 minute and go race with 0.5 toe out on the front right tire and 4.0 toe out on the front left tire
Is fun to be racing with a car that has really big push when you turn to the right, and a lot of steering when you turn to the left
Oh I forgot, my car never went straight on the straightaway
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:16 PM   #3328
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

We should have a broken car race.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 PM   #3329
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
We should have a broken car race.
yeah, that sounds good
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:56 PM   #3330
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
We should have a broken car race.
Just make everyone start the race using a spectrum, then you will have a broken car race.
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net